Sunday, November 13, 2016

That Was Only 7 Days Ago?

WHAT IS IT

Ortho-Bionomy is a gentle, non-invasive, osteopathically-based form of body therapy which is highly effective in working with chronic stress, injuries and pains or problems associated with postural and structural imbalances.

Who Is It For


Ortho-Bionomy helps people break the cycle of pain – without creating pain. It is very effective for recovering from injuries, surgery and stress. It aids the recovery by reducing muscle tension, soothing the joints, increasing flexibility and range of movement, improving circulation and relaxing the entire body.

Pain tends to ease with Ortho-Bionomy. Educational movements may be taught to help perpetuate the release of tension and muscle contractions. The release of tension and stress in the body brings about the relief from pain and discomfort. Function, structural alignment, balance and overall well-being improve. These benefits generally continue after the session is finished. 

Sometimes the body’s natural ability to remain balanced is short-circuited by stress, injury, accident, improper posture, emotional experiences or by overtaxing the body’s limits. When the body is out of balance, it adapts as well as it can, but in the process it may create patterns of even greater stress. The simplicity of Ortho-Bionomy means the practitioner and client may work together to re-educate dysfunctional patterns and restore normal functioning.

Whether looking for relief from specific discomfort or a safe and effective way to ease stress and promote relaxation, Ortho-Bionomy can be very beneficial. It can also work in conjunction with other healing systems. It is not a substitute for appropriate medical care, nutrition or exercise.

How Does It Work


Ortho-Bionomy stimulates the body's self-correcting and self-balancing reflexes by way of the proprioceptive reflexes located in our joints and muscles. The practitioner uses movement and gentle compression to find positions of comfort which allow the body to change the stress and pain patterns which are causing the discomfort.

Ortho-Bionomy helps people to break the cycle of pain. It works by stimulating appropriate reflexes that monitor the lengthening and contracting of our muscle system. This then allows the body to change the stress and pain patterns, which are causing the discomfort. Educational movements may be taught to help perpetuate the release of tension and muscle contractions. The release of tension and stress in the body brings about the relief from pain and discomfort.

Ortho-Bionomy also employs the homeopathic concept that what cannot be cured from within cannot be cured from without. Using gentle positioning and light touch, Ortho-Bionomy stimulates inner awareness to awaken within the individual a sense of natural balance and well-being, both physically and emotionally. The inner wisdom of the body is recognized and affirmed. Self healing occurs as the person remembers their natural ability to move away from pain and toward ease.

Wednesday was by far the strangest day in the office EVER. All I could think to do was Diaphragm releases and Lymphatic work. All of my clients just needed to discharge out their mouth and I allowed them to do so. One lady states," I just wanna lay here and close my eyes." I believe that she talked the most. AND thats OK by me. 

I released Diaphragms in hopes to allow deeper breathing because oxygenated blood is a good thing. In Theory, I worked on the Lymph Nodes because I don't think folks are going to be thinking proper nutrition or who even thinks of their immune system when they are walking around in a haze, fog, etc. I wanna believe I made a small difference and each client left feeling a little better/stronger going into the end of their work week. 

ONE WEEK INTO IT

Tooting my own horn here..... I reached my goal by working with two new clients already for the month!!! Thats Totally Awesome!! I feel really confident with the THREE GRAND CHALLENGE!!! After 7 days and even completely spacing out on NOV 10th..... 

Push Ups 400
Squats 550
Crunches 575

I noticed that on NOV 7th ( Day 2) my hamstrings were way tight. My chest and core felt strong as ever. I'm confident that I will be able to reach my goal of 1,000+ Push Up's, 1000+ Squats, and 1000+ Crunches in 30 days. I busted A$$ at the gym and pretty damn proud of myself for hitting the gym before the office all this week. Plus, morning walks with The Boy Dog.

So Overall, Its Been A Damn Good Year And I Am Thankful For This Body.


No comments:

Post a Comment