Friday, May 30, 2014

Day #3



2day was my rest day…… SCORE…… I rode my commuter bike downtown 2 meet up w/the Western Slope Runners 4 their Thursday night run……. My Coach was there & wanted 2 have a little chat w/me….. As him & Patrick BLEW on by me during our Tuesday trail run, he noticed that I looked as if I was wondering around a dead concert…… "Thats not training." He says….. I had 2 laugh because its true…. I enjoy hiking & not much of a fan of suffering….. Just before everyone started showing up 4 the run, Tim took me on a "walk" around the block….. Dude, he can cruise & I had 2 fall forward ( run ) at one point 2 keep up…… He wants me 2 be able 2 cover a mile in 13min 4 a least 5 miles at that pace….. He explained how I will begin 2 notice what that pace will feel like….. He gave me tips on how 2 run hills during an event…… We worked on how 2 walk w/our hips in motion…. And it was amazing how quite his steps were compared 2 mine…… HINTS: footfeather is his blog & how I found him…… We didn't go all that far but I was winded & oh my peroneus longs muscles were on fire….. More stretching & way more water…… I was pleased 2 be back on the bike & rode w/a group of 3 gals while they ran the 5 mile route….. By the way, the Mighty Colorado River is ripping through town these days….. I enjoyed my ride, we all took turns talking about solving world problems, they asked me about my Ortho training, & we waved & smile 2 other runners & riders….. The river trail was quite busy & that makes me smile….. So 2day I will hit the track & walk the 440 at a 4:30 per lap pace 4 a solid 60min…… Tim wants me 2 really concentrate on hip movement, feeling the pace, & notice what I notice….. I am looking 4ward 2 this training day & should hit 3 miles or more by doing this….. We Shall See……  HAPPY FRIDAY FOLKS

No comments:

Post a Comment