Monday, January 16, 2023

The Magic Carpet Ride 2023

I Think I Am Going Mad And It Is Making Me Sad     It's A Yearning For My Old Back Door    I Realize Maybe I Was Born To Lead      Better Swallow My Silly Country Pride   Going Home Running Home Down The Gasoline Alley Where I Was Born      When The Weather Is Better And The Rails Unfreeze   And The Wind Wont Whistle Round My Knees     I'll Put On My Weather Suit And Catch You In The Rain   I'll Be Home Before The Milk's Upon The Floor 


Rod Stewart

1970 Gasoline Alley 

RADIO SHOW:

HERE ( click that "here" for the link ) is the link for my latest and first 2023 radio show. The show starts off with about a minute of the pervious show's song. The Magic Carpet Ride begins with Wide Spread Panic covering Steppenwolf's MCR. I do a quick thank you acknowledgment to pervious shows DJ's and then we get bizarre. 


This version of the Magic Carpet Ride kicks A$$ on a number of fronts. The biggest difference maker would be the fact that I knew this would NOT be a perfect show. Was going in rusty and totally looking forward to simply jammin on out. 


I featured Kung Fu clips from the 1972 televised series, offered up 4 trivia questions, and this wasn't no nostalgia show there grasshopper. The King Lives 


I executed an entertaining show, matched clips with musical cuts, and littered the airwaves with remixed and mash up tracks. Turn It Up 


There was something so freeing to the fact that I arrived completely stress free. I used to way over think my shows. Sometimes I would arrive with about 6 hours of music for an intended 2 hour time slot. This show was all about enjoying the moment and riding the magic carpet. 


Even when I played Led Zeppelin by mistake, No Worries. I kept my composure and didn't allow that mistake to ruin my night. So what if I hit play on CD 1 when I clearly meant to air CD 2. Whatever 


My only complaint was that the high energy beats and my enthusiasm allowed the clock to fly by way too quickly. When I realized I only had a half hour left of the show, kinda bummed me out for a second. But the music picked me right back up and I finished the show so strong. Loved It 

And what also rocked my world were the trivia playing callers attempting to correctly answering questions genuinely expressed how they have missed me. I am some touching moments for sure. I wasn't prepared for those conversations at all but those voices of reason were welcoming and very humbling. A few of them were very out spoken about how awful STAFF at the station are. I just listened because I was hosting a show and that wasn't the proper time to engage. But in my mind, I wanted to bluntly ask them why I am the only Mother Phuc at the Board Meeting as Joe Q Public. 

But I just steady the ship and moved forward in my musical world of make believe. I really hope that you have a listen because the KISS remix is worthy of a listen. You gotta check out the Glenn Campbell jam for sure. Its unreal!!! Hopefully you get a kick out of Master and Grasshopper prominences as well. Be Like A Running Brook 

And then the best was this photo above. Can you believe that the Program Director sent this to me?? I forwarded to everyone. I added my two cents with something like this would be the new protocol when a volunteer enters KAFM. Doesn't Everyone Receive An Email Like This?? Harassment 101

GOALS:

  1. Shovel Because It Just Has To Snow Soon 
  2. Call The Graphic Designer AGAIN 
  3. Book A New Client
  4. Stretch With Intention 
  5. Check In With / On Friends 

Comet E3 is now visible and will be until early Feb. Grab a pair of binoculars and look towards the Little Dipper in the northern sky. Under a super dark unpolluted night sky, the naked eye will do just fine. But with your favorite pair of binoculars in hand, that greenish ball of light is mind boggling. 

Keep Looking Up,

Cheers

46 comments:

  1. ...my magic carpet is in the shop for repairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep Riding It Like You Stole It Brother T

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Omg, Steppenwolf. I can't remember their songs now but they were so good. Ah, I have remembered one. Born to be Wild. I liked it, at the time.

    31 litres for $21. My 'rith late at night is not up to it. Your petrol has gone up a lot, but not as much as ours. Our price per gallon has recently dropped from about AU$7 per US gallon. Conversion about US$5 per US per gallon. It is even more expensive in Europe and England. Don't complain too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dynamite Brother Man - After Traveling Around Europe And The UK, Never Complained About Petrol - And I Don't Know Anyone Else That Pays $21 BLACK JACK at the pump Like Myself - Yahooo00000

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    Our gas prices went down a bit, on the bright side at leas there is not a shortage or long lines at the pump. Your sky photos are gorgeous.
    Sometimes it is nice when time flies quickly, especially if you are working. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous Sky Line Around Here For All To Enjoy - A Happy Of Happiest Days My Shadow Friend

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Dearest Travis,
    That Katie—program director (?) ought to get her a GOOD dictionaire and look up the word volunteer! BUT as Pieter always would remark—a reveals a lot more about THEM than about you.
    Sounds like you did a real good job and with all your heart. Lots of that music sounds very familiar.
    Keep doing what you are doing and don't let some sour ones ruin it for you!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True - So True - You Always Know Exactly What Should Be Said - Wise My Dear - So Wise - Big Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. I love reading how excited you are about your work and what you do. Thanks for the heads up about the comet. I almost forgot. I'm not sure I'll be able to see it as the Leaf Lady leaves her outside lights on all night long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Thank You CJ - I Really Apprentice They Accolades There - That Comet Is So Beautiful I Tell Ya - Bummer On The Scaredy Cat Neighbor - A Believe A Road Trip Is In Your Future

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. No need to overthink when things can be simple, I tell myself and my wife. We complicate things when it's not necessary. I thought your show was fantastic, some great tunes on the playlist. The Kung Fu sections were interesting to hear. All those years ago, they sounded good, today they sound funny. I guess it's because it has been a long time and we have aged. :)
    More snow happening right now, very unusual here. Enjoy your week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Agree Mr Bill But I Tend To Become So Excited That I Overwhelm My Self - I Mean There Is So Music Music In The World - Thanx So Much For Listening - Hope You Heard Your Shout Out And Tune - Kung Fu Brings Back Cherished Memories For Sure

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Led Zeppelin is never a mistake in my book. Love the sky photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Said - Thanx Marie - Hope You Are Digging The Show

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. still have my original Steppenwolf and Led Zepplin albums showing their age now but still fun to spin..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic!!! Love Those Old LP's - Been Thinking A Lot About You - How Are You Holding Up??

      Delete
  9. Hoy nos has ofrecido música con un buen ritmo. Me ha encantado escucharla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A música é a linguagem universal meu amigo - Obrigado por sorrir e por aproveitar o seu dia

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Happy Accidents Do Happen - Thanx For Checking In My Friend - Stay Groovy

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Thanks a lot my friend =)

    Great post. I love the sky on the first picture. Petrol is quite expensive here in Germany :D And other oils too ^^
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U Bet And Thank You - You Folks Buy Almost The Same For A Litter As We Do For A Gallon - Stay Strong My Dear

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Enjoy Your Posts, Just Unable To Drop A Comment - Thanx For Checking In My Friend

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. Fun show!
    I think you would be very disappointed with ours over here. They try to be "extra-funny" and so are not...
    Woah on that e-mail.

    I hope for no snow, but it´s cold.
    #4 made me laugh.
    #5 is a good plan.

    Haha, funny you. The sky is... nah. We live in the city. Full light pollution.
    Share pics for us poor guys?

    Cheers to you, keep on with your radio shows, dear friend. Maybe come through to Germany and teach our DJs... (since I don´t drive a car anymore I don´t listen to the radio no longer, though).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Gosh THANK YOU - Thanx So Much For Having A Listen And What An Email A - We Have Been Way Too Warm As Well For Any Snow To Stick Around - Wish I Owned A High End Camera - Will Share If Worthy - Would Love To Visit You Both

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. We need your joy over here. British radio is shite. Sock it to them Dude. Best for 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Brother - One Of The Best Hobbies Ever - I Just Can't Thank You Enough For Streaming The Show - And All The Best This Month

      Cheers

      Delete
  15. Bei uns in Deutschland ist es ähnlich mit den Benzinpreise, sie schwanken sehr deutlich. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wir haben eine private Erhöhung, wenn ein Makor-Sturm durch die Staaten rollt - Aber insgesamt sind unsere Preise im Vergleich zum Rest der Welt so günstig - Seien Sie gut, mein Freund

      Cheers

      Delete
  16. Beautiful photos. Thank you for your friendship padre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big Hugs Caroline - What A Powerful Comment - Thank You

      Cheers

      Delete
  17. I'd love to see this comet, so I need to remember to look if we ever get a clear night. Isn't being relaxed such a great feeling? Happy weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Relaxed State Speaks Volumes - Wish I Was Able To Participate In The Behavior A Little More Than Not - The Comet Is Way Cool - I Was Up Way Too Early This Morning And Ws Unable To See It With My Naked Eye - But With Bizzznoculars, PoW Say Batman - Off To An Excellent Weekend

      Cheers

      Delete
  18. I followed the link and I'm listening to Magic Carpet Ride as I'm typing this. It's a fun show Padre! I like your selection of music.
    I wasn't able to see what the program director sent, only a part of the email there, so I'm not sure what the thing intended was. The director doesn't know you're a volunteer? Isn't it their job to know when someone volunteers to do a radio show?
    Lovely photos. Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outstanding!!! This Was My Intention For Sure - Stream While You Surf - The PD Is A Real Class Act - Thanx For Checking In As Always - Rock On

      Cheers

      Delete
  19. Snow is not a word we've heard around here where I live at all this winter, I'm sorry to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or Rain - We Have Really Done A Number On Mother Nature - Anyway, Gr8 To Hear From You Again

      Cheers

      Delete
  20. As we speak, I'm listening to a tribute to my favorite radio DJ, Lin Brehmer, who passed yesterday. The only good station in Chicago, WXRT was lucky to have him. He accompanied me to work from 1991 until 2020. Clever, articulate, irreverent-- he was a Chicago icon. He died too young. Keep spinning those records, you never know who's listening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What A Bummer But At Least He Isn't Suffering Now - Interesting Article And I Searched Some Of His History - Sounds Like An All Around Great Guy - We Need More GR8 Guys In The World - Not Shuffling Off This Mortal Coil - Will Keep Playing The Music And Leaving A Light On For Sure

      Cheers

      Delete
  21. Also around here the fuel went up a lot.
    I like your music selection, your show was fantastic.
    The photos of the sky are fantastic.
    I would really like to see the comet, but it will be very difficult because I live in the city and therefore the sky is not dark enough to be able to observe it.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You So Much For Having A Listen - Really Appreciate You - And I Believe You Are In The Wrong Hemisphere - Bummer On The Light Pollution In General - Stay Safe And Thanx For Checking In

      Cheers

      Delete
  22. I avoided shoveling this month by heading down to Florida. If you find you need more shoveling work, I'm sure my driveway is in desperate need of clearing since I haven't been there in 3 weeks to deal with it LOL. Have a great weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would Happily Shovel - I Tend To Feel That It Is Therapeutic - Been Thinking About Our Front Strange Student - All Is Well I Hope

      Cheers

      Delete