Sunday, January 1, 2023

2023 Oh Baby

HA    Who Took The Money      Who Took The Money Away      Ha Ha Ha Ha It's Always Showtime     Here At The Edge Of The Stage  And I Wake Up And Wonder   What Is This Place    What Is The Name    We Wanna Wait      But Here We Go Again     HA   Takes Over Slowly     But It Doesn't Last Very Long    No Need To Worry   Everything Is Under Control    O U T !     But No Hard Feelings    What Do You Know     Take You Away     We Are Being Taken For A Ride Again 


Talking Heads

Speaking In Tongues 1983

ORTHO:

Totally jamming in the office and finished the year on a good note. So Thats Cool 


Booked quite a few new clients and regular clients for January already. Nothing all that earth shattering by any means but all has gone well. Loads of neck issues, low back releases, happy visceral work, and disconsolate legs have come and gone. I have performed a tremendous amount of acupressure work these days as a direct result of hanging up my posters. That and foot reflexology but I have always been a foot guy. Makes Sense 


Will be working on a new banner and Biz Cards here soon. Time for a little self kick in the pants. That and shedding some winter weight. Self care 101 with intentions and grounding healing from within. Hopefully this will increase my desire to motivate and stimulate. Both as a projection and internal growth. 


DOGS:

Dogs are so charismatic I tell ya. 


They crack me up and I know that I make them think. Like when it comes to meal time, I make such a big production out of it. I talk to them, I pretend I am mixing up the good stuff, I shake their bowl around, and always let their food merry on the counter before I set it down on the floor. Delicious 


And they in return pretend to give a Ratz A$$ about what I am jawing about. Dogs are funny when they give you that look. Come On Human 

XMAS:

Boy the holidays came and went rather quickly. Super casual but fast just the same. 


I snapped off this photo below of Mr B opening his gift from P&P. Check out that face of excitement. And check out the loot he scored this year. Classic  


This photo below stuck a cord with me. Something so simple yet beyond profound. I was reminded when I went to my grandparents home as an adult and stumble around the kitchen corner to gaze upon all of us grandkid's marks of hight on the door fame. That was such a big deal ever summer. All five of us would stand against the door frame so Moo Moo could slap a rule on our head and make the mark labeled with the year. Wish I had that photo which lays deep in my third eye. Click 


The ease of the Insta Pot catered my tasty Christmas meal. A bone sticking dish of assimilating green lentils, black beans, garbanzo beans, red & purple potatoes, tomatoes, diced onions, pealed garlic, tiny baby carrots, and a few splashes of random herbs and spices. This of course was served over wild rice and a gorgeous side salad topped with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and alfalfa sprouts. 

TWILIGHT ZONE:

You wanna talk about stoked!! The SYFY folks ran a Twilight Zone Marathon and I was trickled pink. Its the goto channel I had on December 31st between Bowl Games. Good Ol BLK & White Television all day for a perfect background soundtrack. Now, did I catch every episode?? Hell No. 


But it was a time machine for me and sometimes I stopped dead in my tracks in order to reminisce about various scenes or episodes. I was like a kid in the candy store. 


Rod Serling was an absolute genius with the way he wrote and popped in for quick tid bits of narration. So many of his stories rocked me to my core back in the day. I simply find his creative work fascinating.


And the amount of famous characters before they were famous still blows my mind. I am not a TV kind of guy but I could always be talked into a Leave It To Beaver, 1990's Simpsons, or a sprinkled in Twilight Zone episode. No Worries 

SHOVELING:

Time to make some hard cold $$$$$$. The Valley has been receiving the white stuff finally. Not all the walkways pay out but the homes that I care take spoil me. And I really enjoy shoveling snow and clearing curbside gutters. It's Therapeutic 


The other day, was a Thursday morning, streamed Tony's Jazz Way Boulevard radio show while shoveling out the neighbors. I went out of my way to shovel out an elderly couple as I know he just had his neck fused earlier this fall. The wife gave me a tin full of homemade cookies and thank me profusely. Another couple next to a home that I take care of wanted to pay me way more than they should have. I accepted and I might have a few projects this spring in their backyard. Time Will Tell


NUMBERS:

And here is the wrap on my least productive year in many moons. Like way A$$ embarrassingly posted numbers. Pathetic 

Only 2,133 miles / 3432km on the bike and that is way below normal for me. Believe me when I say that I am humiliated with these stats. I posted just a pinch over 300 hours on the saddle and I am willing to bet that half of those hours were on the commuter bike. Zero trail running but just over 400 miles / 643 kms of hiking this year. The only real numbers that I am proud of this calendar year of 2022 would be the 117 miles / 188 kms of river miles. That's A Score 

GOALS:

  1. Centered
  2. Happiness 
  3. Electrified
  4. Excellence
  5. Rowdy
  6. Simplified 

Enjoy Another Magical Trip Around The Sun,

Cheers 

41 comments:

  1. I have to make a production out of meal time too. Lately, I have to put the dog food in the cat's pate tin to make them think they are getting a good meal. Dogs are so weird, I tell ya!
    Happiest new years wishes, my friend. I hope this is a beautiful and blessed year for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It Is A Must, Right - And Love Those Tricks Of The Trade - Sometimes I pretend To Fork Out Something From The Dish Rack Just To Make It Feel Fancy - A Wonderful New Years To You And Enjoy Those Future Denver Trips - Big Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Dearest Travis,
    Happy New Year to you!
    Woke up early because my mid back keeps bothering me...
    So, I get to read your post here and comment from Sarasota before breakfast and my 6.5 hour drive back home...
    Kitties will be happy to see us after 7 nights but they like their cat sitter a lot.
    You still biked and hiked a lot over the year!
    Walking for us is rare as Pieter can only walk very slow but we still do it!
    Haha those Mistle Toes... Nice Roman feet!
    Sending you hugs and your time lapse almost looks like Dutch skies.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer - Have Enjoyed Your Recent Travels - Fantastic Photos - Thanx For Watching The Video And Many Thanx For The Digital Hugs My Friend

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Lots of positive vibes for you, yes, I wish you good luck, health and joy for 2023.
    I'll take your plate... complete. I don't have to be on a diet :-) and some snow would be nice to get the skis back on. We took a wonderful tour through the forest yesterday...at 16 degrees...it felt like spring. But I haven't put the skis away yet, it can get really cold again by the end of February. be hugged Thanks for your blog posts. I am very pleased.
    Good luck to you.
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Received!!! I Sure Do Enjoy Cooking Meals - Been Watching The European Weather And You All Have Been Way Warm And Dry - Thanx So Much For Continuously Checking In On Me - You Make My Heart Smile There V

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year, love the first photo looking up at the tree tops.
    Your meals sound yummy, healthy too. Cute furbabies, they must love having you as their dog-sitter. I wish you all the best in 2023, happy times and great adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Favorite Shadow People - Happy 2023 - Happy Furry Ones As Always - Let Us All Stay Adventurous - Big Hugs E

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Love that first photo! Glad the new space is working for you! Dogs are wonderful creatures and you are a whisperer to be sure. Great memories of your grandparents! We measure our grandkids regularly. We hope the wine rack which has the marks survives us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its A Keeper - Yes, The New Space Rocks The More That I Practice There - So Thankful You Guys Are Measuring The Little Ones - Pour Me A Glass And Lets Reminisce

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. I can imagine the dogs' reactions to meal preparation. Love that 'C'mon human' look on their faces. That was a great snap.
    Happy to hear about your ortho work. It is good to help folks out.
    Happy 2023!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Back Ivana - Classic Face A - Enjoying The Body Work And Looking Forward To 2023 - Stay Creative My Friend

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. happy happy new year





















    happy happy 2023

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking up won't bring you down. New year, reset the goals and attitudes and buckle up for the ride. Lots of happiness and health and we're on our way. Onward!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Man Mr Bill, Happy 2023 - Throwing On The Seat Belt Of Life For Sure - Yahooo000

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. Mistletoes. Clever and funny. I didn't even think about the Twilight Zone Marathon. My favorite episode is Nothing in the Dark with a baby Robert (Be Still My ❤️) Redford. Little Billy Mumy wishing people he didn't like as jack in the boxes in the cornfield is deliciously creepy! I think you're going to have a spectacular 2023. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mistletoes 101 - That Is A Fantastic Episode As Well - Excellent Recall On Your Part - Thank You For Following Along And Always Dropping Such Brilliant Comments - Big Hugs CJ

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Me encanta la primera foto, que encabeza tu reportaje.
    ¡Feliz año nuevo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um feliz ano novo para você meu amigo - Continue olhando para cima

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Nice photoes all 0f them!Hope you had a lovely Christmas:)))
    Talking head oh biy long time no heard..Iam into Ozzy Osborn these days hah hah I am just a dreamer!Dreams of better days!Happy days in the 2023 :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ozzy!!!! Thanx For Checking In And All The Best During This Calendar Year Of 2023

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. Cocoa won't touch her supper unless I put her probiotic powder on it. I call it her 'beefy powder' and she goes nuts, lol. I'm a huge fan of dogs. I like them better than most people I know.

    Christmas went fast but we were able to make it last, with the oldest boy out of town working in Oregon. We didn't get to see him until NYD. I sure enjoyed all of it!

    Happy New Year and I hope this year brings you lots of happiness and love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise Pup There Wendy - Agreed, Dogs Can Be Better Than Humans - Excellent On Your Family Front - Thank You And May 2023 Light Your Fire - Big Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. Beautiful wrap up of the year that was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much Appreciated There Magic - All The Best In 2023 - Travel On

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. Wish you and yours a very happy and fulfilling 2023

    ReplyDelete
  15. Talking Heads... long ago!
    But I can tell you who took the money...

    Doing the taxes (hopefully) today (I will!).

    Can you consider moving to Braunschweig? My back hurts, and my ankle and.... I´m a wreck!
    And you get no doctor´s etc, there are no capacities.
    OK, actually I know what training to do... ack, too much work/I am sick with flu...

    No, kidding (a bit) - great you got more clients!

    Feet..? Ahhhh.... I bought such a foot-massage-thing and it starts... noooo..... I giggle my head off!
    Reckon I´m just too small?

    Looking forward to your new banner and cards, will you share?

    LOL, not a dog-person but I would love to witness your ritual!!!
    Once read a book - (well more than once) - from a so-called scientist who claimed animals cannot think.
    Hello. We are all one. Maybe he could not think.

    That-feet-pressie is wonderful. Funny name.

    Good idea!!! I am to use up old tomatoes - I can add carrots, too!
    Always learn something here!

    The doggy on the bottle is too cute (says the cat-person who has no real cat).

    Bet you´d love my (original, not German) The Simpsons calendar...
    Way too warm here for snow (yipee). Usually hits in February.
    Being payed in cookies... melts my heart.

    You look happy!

    Ack, numbers. Could do nothing the last 4 weeks. Darn flu, that.

    CHEERS, good goals! Sometimes you need a Rowdy for protection!

    Cool song with the trip around the sun!! Cheers, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Have Inspired Me Next Song - Way Cool - I Am A Big Fan Of The Late 80's And Early 90's Simpsons - You Crack Me Up And I Thank You For Your Thoughtful Responses As Always - You So Rock

      Cheers

      Delete
  16. Snow covered trees and dogs, what more could you ask for?! Had my fix today, walking with a friend and her lively spaniel :-)
    Happy new year to you!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So True - Snow And Puppy Breath - Stoked You Were All About It Today - Good On You And Happy 2023

      Cheers

      Delete
  17. Another year has ended, when we look back, new friends, old ones as steady as ever.A constant reminder of the trust we have in a friend unseen. Thanks always for your comments, they brighten my day as I see your name there. New Year Greetings, and wishes for another wonderful year for you up North.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Our Own Mortality - So Pleased About Brightening Your Day And I Will Continue To Do So - Hugs From This Side Of Mother Earth

      Cheers

      Delete
  18. Geniales las fotos encantadores los.perros y buena reseñas.
    Que siga la aventura y Feliz año !!! Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ansioso por este novo ano civil - Que todos possamos aproveitar a jornada juntos

      Cheers

      Delete
    2. P.S. I am unable to comment on your blog - Thinking of ya but no words from me - Big hugs my friend

      Delete
  19. Lovely photos and the first one looks impressive

    ReplyDelete