Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Stepping Into 2023

Mother Do Think She's Good Enough For Me    Mother Do You Think She's Dangerous To Me   Mother Will She Tear Your Little Boy Apart    OOOH Ahhh Mother Will She Break My Heart    Hush Now Baby. Baby Don't You Cry    Mamma's Going To Check Out All Of Your Girlfriends For You    Momma Wont Let Any Dirt Ones Get Through     Momma Will Wait Up Till You Come In     Momma Will Always Find Out Where You've Been         Momma's Going To Keep Baby Healthy And Clean   You'll Always Be Baby To Me    Mother, Did It Need To Be So High 


Pink Floyd

The Wall 1979

ORTHO:

Thanx to all of those New Years Resolution folks, been wildly busy in the office. Working with clients and meeting them in their model of the world totally kicks A$$. And I am a rather skilled, numerous arrows in my quiver, and above adequate body worker. Gratifying  


I can't even begin to explain about how many of my recent clients believed that they are athletes and push themselves way too far during this resolution month. We are talking cloistered individuals that break out of their funk and over due it. Mistakes include a poor warm up, clearly not thinking exercises through, and lifting more than they should even attempt. Not present in general but determined by Junes focus.


But it is NOT up to me to point out the obvious. My role is to simply listen and gradually put them back together. One client went tubbing with the family and accidentally became overzealous during their last run of the day. Claims the run was "very icy" and they over shot the strip. A happy little aspen tree brought the day to an abrupt end. OOF 


MEALS:

Been rockin the instant pot action. This one above was packed full of goodness with a hint of oh baby. Yams, green lintels, corn, okra, garbanzo beans, black beans, garlic, and an assortment of top drawer herbs for another easy delectable meal. Magnificent 


NEEDS:

So I have come to realize that I have truly let myself go during this winter break. No excuses here but I am feeling pathetic as all get out. Then, this little wake up call happens, I decided to step on the scale. A shocking visual of 203lbs / 92kg. Phuc  


Planning an updated photo at the end of February and I most likely targeting a healthy sub 190 Pounds / 86 Kilos. When my step count is 27,000+ steps by 3pm, my knees simply can't take the weight anymore. I am walking like a mad man but my overall cardio lacks big time. Hopefully this section of future blogs here wont be completely anticlimactic next month. Yikes 

DEATH:

Crosby passing at 81 wasn't all that astonishing because he should have passed at 71 years old. It is not that I have a jaded black heart but the guy was on borrowed time. He lived a legendary career and lifestyle. Crosby Stills And Nash will live on for sure. I am thankful that I comprehended and adored their creative ways and musical talents over the decades. 

The one that hurt was Lisa Presley. Now she has no Phuc-N idea who I am but I spent a week or so bringing her morning deliveries. I was a bellman in the late 80's at a five star golf and tennis resort. While she was a guest, she tipped me very well for my services. She was extremely polite during our brief encounters and she treated our entire bell staff with respect. You would never know that she was sitting on millions of dollars. Very Classy 

I guess that it is the fact that I wont remember where I was when I found out about Crosby. But I will remember when my buddy Bix sent me a text during my radio show regarding Lisa Marie Presley's passing. What Are Your Thoughts??  

DRIVING 101:

I drive to the airport gym around O Dark Hundred. The whole reason for this post today. I know that the three roundabout's ahead are slippy and rather treacherous when any form of moisture is involved. So this austere pick up truck immediately rides my A$$ up 12th street towards the first of three roundabouts. We received a VERY light dusting of snow last night and normally I would pass on mentioning such an insignificant occurrence. I hate tailgating under any road conditions and quickly made the conscious choice to pull over in a city bus stop pull out and allow them the satisfaction of douching the street in black thick exhaust. Trump Bumper Stickers Are So Cool 

Now I knew that the concrete poured roundabout wasn't far away but didn't think too much of it at the time.  Sure as can be, that rig missed the turn, drove through the roundabout with their front wheels cranked over to the right, up the center curb, and straight into the health living baby pine trees and boulder features. The truck was totally high centered and their break lights were still on as I entered the circle. Might as well try the emergency brake as well there dumbA$$. Classic

I really shouldn't have stooped so low but shamefully I did. As I creeped into the roundabout with my high beams on, gingerly scampered around the turn, carefully navigating myself safely through, with my window down and hand on the horn, I reached my left arm as far out as I could, and displayed the world wide gesture of finger language. The Bird

COMET:

Using my old iPhone and a spotting scope, here is my accomplishment for the morning. I captured this just after 4am Sunday morning from Little Park Road facing north. Apparently, Comet e3 is only going to become brighter and brighter over these next 7 days. Can't Wait 

DEEP:

The Grand Mesa received way more snow than I anticipated last week. Very little fell or even accumulated in the valley as the forecasts claimed 3 to 6 inches were on the way. Not So!! Denver apparently got slammed and the Continental Divide received plenty of the fresh Pow Pow. Heard that Wolf Creek And Telluride saw about a foot or so. So That's Cool 


I experienced a lovely snowshoe session beginning with complete isolation. Like nobody was around last Tuesday and I hip hopped my happy A$$ around the hillsides. Through the trees is always a must for hearing / witnessing those pillow sized powder balls clumsily falling between evergreen limbs. Beautiful 



The morning ski patrol was exactly pleased with my route decision making and politely asked me to stay in the trees, turn around, and stay off the groomed SKI RUNS. It was a first for me but I didn't make a fuss or even mention that I was only here for the Instagram Selfie. BTW I do not subscribe to Instagram. 

GOALS:

  1. Bumping Up The Cardio
  2. Smaller Portions Washed Down With H2o
  3. Shuck And Jive
  4. Books Rooms In April  
  5. Clean Out Old CD's And Clothes For Good Will 
  6. Keep Looking Up
  7. Reframe From Giving The Bird For The Rest Of 2023 

  

February Is Just Around The Corner, Make These Next Few Days Count, And Remind Yourself Just Far You Have Come In Life. 

Cheers 

40 comments:

  1. ...some people are dead, but don't want to fall over. I love that Escher print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliantly Put - Harsh But True - So Dig MC

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Lots of beauty in those winter photos. Some people really deserve the finger salute. Once you begin your routine, the pounds will melt away. It happens to everyone. Have a great day and upcoming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Much Beauty All Around - Some Folks Do But It Shouldn't Be Up To Me To Decide - Lets Hope For A Mass Melting - So Looking Forward To This Weekend As I Get To See MJ - Oh Baby

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Dearest Travis,
    Sad about Lisa Presley and glad you met her and had a classy impression of her!
    Escher was a great Dutch graphic artist!
    Wow, your bike might complain if you mount it with that weight...
    Indeed time for adjusting your portions and really washing it down with H₂O—only! 😏
    Did post about our total biking over 2022...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally Sound How It All Played Out - Yes He Was - That Photo Arrived Because I Was Sharing With A Client That We Used To Complete His Puzzles And Glue Them Up In Frames Back In College - This Particular Client Had Never Heard Of Him - Education 101 - I passed On My 2022 Numbers Because They Were Pathetic By My Standards - Actually, Totally Embraced Really - Maybe I Will Buck Up And Share If You Truly Desire - Been Enjoying Your Rides As Well

      Big Hugs

      Delete
  4. Te haces esperar y siempre tienen mucha belleza las fotos de tu reportaje.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Você é linda com suas palavras - Aproveite o resto do mês

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Hello,
    It was sad news to hear about Lisa Presley, she was young. Good luck with your goal. The snowy winter landscapes are beautiful. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way Too Young For A Bad Ticker - Dangling Carrots My Shadow Friend - Always Pleases Me Hearing From You

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Your story about Lisa Marie is a good example of why famous people have to be so careful -- everyone makes note of their behavior and that's the story that will be told about them. I'm not saying she wasn't kind or generous -- I'm sure she was -- but people notice you when you're famous, you know? If she were just anyone she could be a lousy tipper and no one would care beyond that moment. (Except her karma!)

    My mom used to tell a story about my grandfather driving the family to Florida in the 1940s and being passed by a maniacal driver. He said out loud, "I'll see you in the ditch!" And sure enough, a couple miles down the road, the guy WAS in a ditch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Careful And A Majority Of Our Youth Are Unable To Grasp That Concept - Karma Coupons - Dig The Grand Dad Tales - Always Have - Always Will - My Papa T Would Say," Never A Penny When You Need One!" That Comes From His Joke Every Time He Saw A Cop Car, " Where Do Pennies Come From?? COPPER!!" Miss That Guy

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the comet pic. I wanted to go out to take a look, but it's been so cloudy with every other day Winter storms. Even if the weather was clear enough for viewing, New Girl and the Leaf Lady keep their outside lights burning all day and night. Can you say light pollution, boys n' girls? Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers Crossed As We Near The First Of The Month When The Comet Is Closest And Brightest - Keep Looking Up My Dear

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. I was a fan of David Crosby, and very much saddened to hear of his passing. But like you, not surprised. Only surprised that he lived as long as he did, given his medical history. Hey, check out this beautiful song (composed by David Crosby's son, James Raymond): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhzAvhIfc5c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What A Trip Down Memory Lane - I Hosted A Show Which Themed Cars, Traveling, And The Great Wide Open - I Played This Track - Amazing Song - Thanx For The Reminder Brother Parts

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. I think Lisa Marie lived a hard life. No choice but to be in the spotlight her entire life just for being born to one of the most famous people of our time, whether she liked it or not. Not to mention the many losses she sustained in her life. I felt sorry for her while she was alive and feel sad for her now that she's gone.

    Some people deserve that universal finger language. I think karma hit your tailgater pretty well though LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent Points - They Burned Some Serious Karma Coupons For Sure - Super Lame O

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. I smiled when you wrote about people
    Over doing it in January. That must happen every year. Sounds like your new year is going well. The snow looks pretty but cold… guess it is winter. We have snow too. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It Does But I Believe This Resolution Really Worked Folks Over After "Relaxing" The Past Two Years - Has Been Cold But Not Cold Enough To Kill The Beetles - Think Snow My Friend

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing about Lisa Marie. Glad she made a good impression on you. Wish you the best about reaching your goal. Beautiful snowy landscape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Was Very Fortunate To Experience Wonderful Interactions With So Many - Very Few Stand Out As Jack Offs But I Can Also Sympathies With Them As Well - We All Have Our Days , Corks, And What Nots - Everything Is Beautiful When Covered In Snow - That Is My Opinion Any Way - Be Well Nancy

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. Yeah. When I see some folk running along the roads they just don't look right to be exercising and I'm pretty sure thay did no research, thought or asked others how to go about it. Especially from experienced pros like you. I guess you have to pick up so many pieces of brokenand ill-used bodies. Still, keeps the dollars flowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It Is A Fine Dance Between Judging And Encouragement - I Truly Enjoy Helping Folks Heal From With In - And They Tend To Share With Their Friends - So Yes, Biz Is Good These Days

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. That is good to hear about your experience with Lisa Marie. Sounds like she took after her father. Her death was shocking, but so many young people are dying now, I really think investigations need to be done. My husband and I went snowshoeing last year for the first time and loved it. The woods have such a serene beauty in the winter. We are planning another trip this Valentine's weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Pleased To Read That You Two Enjoyed Your Snowshoeing Outing - The Scenery Helps - Sounds Like A Delightful February For You Both - Outstanding

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. Padre from Iris in Braunschweig, Germany: I world like to comment at "The Padre" but blogger won´t let me! Can you let him know, please?
    Ack, I´m really fed up with blogger!!!!
    Do you have the same problems? It´s just with some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will Reach Out And Thank You For The Heads Up - Very Discouraging For Sure

      Cheers

      Delete
  15. Soviel Schnee, gefällt mir. Bei uns ist es eher nass/kalt. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schnee bringt mein Herz zum Lächeln - lass es dir gut gehen

      Cheers

      Delete
  16. Sending positive vibes back =) And wish you a nice weekend. Cheers

    2023 starts funny, the first days were warm like spring and now it snows since two weeks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think Snow - We Are Finally Receiving A Few Flakes Today

      Cheers

      Delete
  17. I'm sure you felt a great degree of satisfaction with the resolution of the traffic incident. Karma, when it happens, is a wonderful thing. Of course he had a Trump bumper sticker. Even if they don't, you just know, right?

    Don't even get me started on the weight issue--mother nature is cruel to us older women. I'm fighting it every way I can! But i do like my wine and beer, so there's that...

    Have a great week and keep spinning those tunes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely But I Wish I Would Have Maintained My Composure - Trump And Calvin Whizzing On A Ford Bumper Stick And A Few Other Random Useless Stickers That I Care Not To Subscribe To - You Are A Rock Star My Dear And You Will Have A Radicle Bod By Summer - Looking Forward To My Next Radio Show In A Big Way - Be Well Little W

      Cheers

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. So Nice Hearing From You - All The Best To You And Your Family

      Cheers

      Delete
  19. This snow is wonderful, I love making new tracks with my skis.
    Your oatmeal with yams, chickpeas, black beans... inspired me... I'll give it a try with broth as a base, I know it'll be great! ... and of course you have to drink the water before eating :-)))) then your stomach will be full ... pre-filled :-) HUG.
    I like to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Much Fun Making New Tracks - Broth Was The Base As Well - Let Me Know How It Turns Out - We All Enjoy A Tasty Meal

      Cheers

      Delete