Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Mid March Already & KAFM Radio


KAFM held its Spring Member FUNd Drive and this is one of my favorite weeks at KAFM. I truly enjoy seeing old faces, meeting new folks, and reconnecting with the community again. Some of my most valuable antiques are my old friends. 

For some damn reason, I put a hurtin' on the Ol Liver this past week. It wasn't my intention but I might have consumed more cans than needed. Friday night, first night of the drive, the Beer Geeks hosted a beer tasting with food paring. There were 14 verities and I only passed on the Sour Beers. 

Saturday was the "famous" bloody mary brunch and Sunday night was another successful concert in the Radio Room with Moores & McCumber. 

So instead of stopping there, well, you can only imagine. 





ORTHO:
Sessions have been " routine" as of lately. Thats good and odd, really. I mean, I do like a challenge every now and then. But normalcy is working for everyone these days.

Of Course, I did have that one session, old engrams creeped back up. So pisses me off. As a practitioner, I prefer to deflect any personal chatting with a client because my responses or projects WILL show up in their body. Example: If I tell YOU that my new born just passed away from SIDS, whats your reaction???? Did you feel it?? NOW, just for the record, I HAVEN'T HAD ANY CHILDREN!!

This particular client has been dealing with a long drawn out divorce. At some point, the topic of the dating pool surfaced, I was then asked about dating. This is the slippery slope of what to say, how to answer, and what is not accessible discussions during a session.

I immediately found my diaphragm, stayed grounded in my feet, solid in my hips, and maintained my own energy and politely responded with a simply soft not swimming these days reference and causally quizzed them regarding their own headspace. This response allowed them to discharge out their mouth and subconsciously maintain their own power.

What was swirling around in my own head was the fact that I just recently saw my ex at a natural sight. It Phuc-N sucked!! My gut tightened up, fought with the twitterpated feelings, and that cause so much build up and turmoil inside me that I damn near puked. Why do I do this to myself? They couldn't give a SH*T about the situation.

For me, love isn't necessarily gazing into each others eyes, but rather two people looking in the same direction together. Clearly, my gaze at that time was a lonely sight into the stars. What A Dumb A$$






Weather:
Did I ever get caught in a crazy sideways storm earlier this week. Rode early on Tuesday and nearly beat the rain on my return trip. However, I did outride the hail storm. So Thats Cool

Wednesdays ride was pretty sweet and uneventful, thankfully. Thursday was sort of windy but the temp was perfect for riding. Thursday evening stargazing was magnificent with healthy clear skies and a less than half full moon.

Now, its the spring time runoff. Will start snapping a few photos of the Mighty Colorado River for reference here. I see that Vail ( 8,000ft / 2400m ) Colorado will be in the 50F's. Yikes








RADIO SHOW:
My next scheduled show will be on the 26th of March. As PERTH so kindly asked, I will post a quick reminder on Sunday or Monday beforehand. But then, Coach just asked me if I would be able to cover Imagine's 4pm time slot tomorrow. U Bet I Said

I have pulled out some tasty cover tunes for this Wednesday's show. Stoked about a George Harrison and Eric Clapton rendition of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Sheryl Crow and Luckas Nelson ripping out a Midnight Rider, and a bad A$$ original Cream by Prince live from 2004.

Its going to be a quick two and a half hour show as I have THREE hours worth of music in the cue. Will fire up the turntables as well with that distinct scratchy popping of a needle dancing in the grooves of some hot wax. Its Going To Be A Gr8 Show


ONE OF THOSE MOMENTS:
My dear friend SA sent me this photo from our Sushi Rolling party. This was me back in 2011. Like Wow. I was so skinny and I remember this night very well. We had an absolute blast!! SA had a polaroid camera, smaller version compared to the 1980's style. So Much Fun

Mother Nature dumped about 6-8 inches but now that I retell the story, easily 14 inches of snow that night. The Boy Dog and my friend Eagle headed out and plowed around in the fresh stuff. Eagle hung in there for about an hour and The Boy And I accompanied back to the house.

Loaded up my jacket with a couple more beverages and The Boy Dog & I were off into the night. That is what I miss about Shadow Boy. He was ALWAYS ready to go. We were in the town of Red Cliff Colorado and nobody was out in that tiny little community. Love That



Well Timed Sent Photo 

CYCLING:
Pulled out the old Galaxy Jersey from when I used to ride for them and found some single track on Friday. Thats Right, First MTB Ride of 2019!! Life is good!! Its amazing how cruising the commuter bike rolls without sound and the Yeti has that certain well know vibrational quality of knobbies meeting the pavement. Dig That Sound

I actually thought about this blog when I was posing for this shot. Reminded me of when I would post these on CrackBook, back when I enjoyed CrackBook. Its funny now observing others reaction when I say that I am no long on CrackBook. And I sure as Phuc don't miss it.

Pleasantly surprised by how strong the legs feel. My cardiovascular system still carries the winter blues but its a wonderful feeling just being one with the bike again. Our single track offers prime conditions at the moment. Very tacky and rolling fast. Few sections I probably rode faster than my abilities but no broken clavicle. So I Got That Going For Me





MID MARCH NUMBERS:












Running    - 9.5
Riding       - 92
Activities  - 8
PR's          - 3
283 Cycling Miles For The Month

For as toxic as I was this past week, not bad on the numbers front. Lifting, thats been a different story. This past week was all about light weights, controlling the ROM, and higher reps count. Burning




GOALS:

  1. Focusing At The Gym
  2. Ride With Confidence 
  3. Hosting Brilliant Shows
  4. Laugh 
  5. Celebrate Avery's 3rd Birthday

Be Well, Stay Strong, & Think Of Others First
Cheers


Oh Baby - One Golden & One Bald Eagle  

9 comments:

  1. Love every track that you picked out for Wednesday's show Padre, it's amazing how fast two and a half hours flys by when the music is cool! Breakups are hard, takes years before you can see an ex without falling apart. Keeping busy, focused is the best you can do. Looking forward to seeing the great Colorado again 😉 Love the eagle shot, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stoked You Love The Musical Lineup!! Will Post More Colorado Photos For Ya!!

      Big Hugs

      Delete
  2. I'll try to listen in on Wednesday. $100 and I are seeing Lukas on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic Brother!! I Have A Luckas Story For Ya From His Show Here In GJ.Rock On This Friday!!

      Cheers

      Delete
    2. LuckA$$???? How About Lukas

      Delete
  3. The tunes that you have lined up are some of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Singletrack :) I am so looking forward to riding on dirt/rock on relatively skinny tires. Soon - although we still have many feet of snow in the ground here. I agree that one of the best things about a dog best friend is how they embrace an adventure, whenever you might want to head out into the wilds...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shadow Boy's Schedule Was Wide Open. I Miss The Eye Contact We Shared Together. Like When I Opened The Refrigerator Door For A Water Fill Up And He Would Stare At Me While Drinking From His Bowl In Preparation For Our Next Adventure.

      And You Shall Be Seeking Some Righteous Single Track Soon Enough. We Already Had Black Flying Bugs On This Side Of The Divide.

      Be Well KB Bear
      Big Hugs

      Delete