Saturday, September 1, 2018

The Power of Chicken Noodle Soup






August 2018:
Bike Miles - 709.4
Run Miles  - 27.8
I Hit 50 Hours for the Month of August ( 54 hours in MAY )
77 Activities in August
16 Personal Records
And After A Summer of Heavy Drinking - 183.7 pounds of gut - oops

Year To Date:
100 Personal Records
3,957.1 Total Miles
439 Activities 



I almost instantly regretted my last post. I only wanted to document the "progression" of the Boy Dogs health. Last Saturday, we actually had rain, the Boy Dog did his best to shuffle off this mortal coil. But by the powers of Chicken Noodle Soup, He is alive today.


For the past 6 or so years I have been hiking and/or trail running with him. So my cycling was put on the back shelf. I am totally ok with that choice. I still ride the commuter bike everywhere and have NEVER driven to the office. But I haven't road cycled in ages, very limited of the 575, and my cardiovascular system wasn't up for cyclocross racing ether. Plus, I have so many excuses.


But now that Shadow sleeps about 18 hours a day, I mean crashes out, my cycling legs are coming around. Its a double edge sword because I have been throughly enjoying the 575 but I miss having the Boy Dog next to me on the single track. However, I am beyond stoked that Shadow made it through his Birthday Month!!!





GOALS:
1) Take It Day By Day
2) Pull Off The Xterra Triathlon next weekend.
3) Add Another New Client in the Ortho World
4) The 22nd is the Roan Cliff Adventure Race
5) The 29th is the Moab Gran Fondo Road Race
6) Put In A Few Hours At The OM House


Enjoy Your Labor Day Weekend, Soak Up The Sunshine, Ski Those Slopes, And Keep Yourself Hydrated

Cheers

7 comments:

  1. Great cloud video. Boy Dog must be comfortable enough if is sleeping so long and so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So True - He Is Enjoying The Car Rides And Extra Carrots - Thanx For Checking In Andrew

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Lovely time lapse as always! Best wishes for Shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh my heart stopped when I read your last post Padre! So sad to hear beautiful Boy Dog is having major problems. It looks like he's going to hang in there for as long as he can, as long as he is comfortable and isn't in any pain. Don't ever feel weird about getting your feelings out, it is one of the hardest things to face when our loyal furry friends are in trouble. We love Boy Dog too. Big hugs coming your way ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always have the right words at the perfect moment. Perth, thanx for being you!! Much Love

      Cheers

      Delete