Sunday, February 12, 2017

Forward with Fluid Movements



Training Miles : Strava is telling me I have 12 hours and 80 miles during this month of February. This is off by a few because I am still having trouble "telling" my Garmin that its a new activity.

The Boy Dog & I will hit a quick no excuse loop & that time will be added to my run. I am finding that the Garmin will only begin a new activity IF its the next day when I start a new routine or if I immediately upload and delete that particular run.

But I am sure getting a kick out of the maps and overall tracking. Cloudy days give the best readings. Tuesday's map had me running upstream ON the Mighty Colorado River. Too Cool

But damn, feel really good. Muscle memory is amazing and I am able to self correct my posture immediately. That feeling of recognition is brilliant and my body almost becomes fluid in stride after I fall into proper alinement. Actually, its a rather freeing feeling.  

Yes Perth, looking forward to some trail running and hopping off the treadmill. I will say that the Dreadmill hasn't been to bad because I switch programs every time I use it. I like how the incline mode engages at different times throughout the run. 

Truthfully, I still kinda get a kick out of watching all the new year resolution folks assess their situations around the cardio equipment. I always hope that they will come back. Maybe try it again and possible add another 2 more minutes. Hopefully experience a calling of sorts and do more than just a warm up and some quick channel surfing.

Office & Clients : Fantastic Week In The Office. Hope you watched the time lapse video!! The video starts in Black&White and become rich in full color. Its so damn cool having an office window that faces south and three floors up. I enjoyed making and tweaking this one in the GoPro Studio. 

Worked with another expecting mother and thats always such a powerful session. Babies, I don't want them, but They Are Flipping Amazing. Connecting with a baby and adjusting mom is unlike no other. What does that even mean??

Helping a mother find comfort, I as the partitioner AND mom literally experiences the babies nervous system calm and/or retraction of a limb so mom can breathe or bend easier, is just incredible. Every mom follows that with a deep breath and some times that strong wordless eye contact. Powerful

Worked with a massage therapist and we had a really good session. I was able to work with her ribs 1 and 2 and build a connection/relationship between her neck and her shoulder. I am not able to just drive right in with clients that are "unfamiliar" with their own bodies and how they move. Plus, the clothing on plays a roll as well. So Cool

Working with my regulars is also a blast. Their bodies respond much quicker and I am seeing clear blocks and/or unbalanced bone relationships. Finding a tight/shorten psoas has become automatic and is addressed during every session. My key has always been more bodies under my hands and notice what you notice. Now, I am in a principal based form of bodywork. Its Awesome  

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain.

Mark Twain

I have a full list of intentions for this coming week. Obviously lifting and more Dreadmill time, Spring projects at the OM House, Snowshoeing on the Mesa, & working out mathematical probabilities for March Madness. Let's Rock and Thanx For Stopping By.

Cheers

Love This Guy 



5 comments:

  1. I did watch the timelapse video Padre, nice work! Sounds like another productive week for you which is always good. The dreadmill ๐Ÿ˜Š hasn't been much of a feature for me this week, changed over to a bit of water therapy in the pool.. I'm thinking about asking my physio if acupuncture would be beneficial for my knee, what's your thoughts on acupuncture? March madness, am interested to hear what that's all about! Have a good week.. walk on ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx for the video feed back. Double up on water therapy!! Its low impact, works over the cardiovascular system, & mentally worth every minute.

      I believe that all forms of body work are beyond beneficial. Acupuncture will aide in healing and will bring happiness back to your energy meridians. Obviously I would need more info regarding your situation before I could properly answer in greater detail. So I would venture to say " dive in with both feet" on both water & needling.

      Here is the Ortho link off the web for AU listings http://www.ortho-bionomy.org.au AND YES, you will be reading more about March Madness as those dates near.

      Big Hugs

      Delete
  2. Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

    Albert Einstein

    ReplyDelete