Thursday, September 26, 2024

Thank You Ladies

I Live My Life Like There's No Tomorrow     All I've Got    I Had To Steal    Least I Don't Need To Beg Or Borrow     Yes , I'm Living At A Pace That Kills 


Running With The Devil 

Van Halen 1976

THANK YOU:

MSNBC just posted a poll that claims Harris is leading The Donald by 21 points via women voters. Thanx ladies and please tell ALL of your girlfriends. Seriously , Harris must win !!!! That is , Madam Harris , Yes Please. And single women with cats , You Flipping Rock !!! 

PORCHELLA:

Now let me chime in about me , myself , and pay attention to this guy. 


This years PORCHELLA is shaping up to be rather entertaining and the buzz circling Porchella is infectious. That ( circling ) was a Blue Angels reference from last year. We Big Swing Colorado play at 4pm on 1313 Ouray Ave. And I am screaming about how much fun we are all plan on sharing with one another. Witnessing neighbors mingling with fellow neighbors and catching up with random familiar faces. Can't Wait  

CAR SHOW:

The annual downtown car show took place once again mid September. Sent this to the oldies with the caption

                             The Original Owners Are Heading To Prom Tonight

If you knew me , you would clearly understand why I believe that this photo above is worthy of a thousand words. Below , sent this photo to Nate , one night Nate and I labeled our band Pepe Le Phew for a gig we played. That title was in between Al & The Coholics and Amber The Band. A year prior to Big Swig Colorado. 

BIKE NIGHT:

Oh how Bike Night is that tasty carrot dangling out there towards the end of the week that reminds you of all your hard work and/or accomplishments. We rode over to Stocker Stadium for a little observation of the Crosstown Rivals. Another marvelous showdown between the GJ Tigers vs Fruita Wild Cats and the stadium was beyond packed. Very Lively Atmosphere 


One ride , we arrived to this street party. A band playing rhythms from Salvador rocked the mean streets of GJ. Our tribe stayed for the entire show and then we started the Bike Night Ride just after 8pm. This band was floored when just over a hundred riders showed up to dance in the streets. Like Way A$$ Cool 

And I am seriously telling you all that over one hundred riders attend these days with the University back in action. Full On Spectacular 

The Dude & I decided on a field trip for his birthday and the night was chalk full of laughter , crossing paths with all sorts of old faces , and some of the best story telling of all time. Unforgettable 


On one particular evening , The Mesa Theater showcased an R&B Funk band that down right became a spicy soup sandwich. We obviously hung out front like puppies with no home and barked up and down Main Street all night long. Classic 

I have been deeply touched by the hip new wave of folks that have transplanted here in the Valley recently. Meeting like minded individuals is so refreshing these days. Allow me to use the word properly , Its Awesome!!! That is correct. A little bit of fear playing in the background while totally exciting at the same time. Awesome 


RINGO STAR:

Nobody believes that Ringo could be 84 years old and still perform in top shelf manner. AND No F Bombs All Night!!! A true showman for sure.

Ringo and his All-Star band have a full catalog from ToTo , Men At Work , Beatles of course , and I want to say Grand Funk Railroad but I cant recall right now. Yes , living members from these bands are all part of this All-Star gamut of talent on stage these days. 3 plus hours of your favorite 80's hits and Ringo singing Beatles cuts. 

And Ringo would point out generational attendees in the crowd. He would actually point at granny , then the daughter , and then the grand daughter. He would sing a few and then inform us that he was in need of a cup of tea. Off he goes to the green room and here comes Land Down Under. Amazing Production And Choreography 

Plus , a complete sell out at the Los C Amphitheater. Which obviously sets the tone for the evening. And Yes , The Dude and I rode our bikes and ONLY four other bikes were locked up. It was an older GJ crowd and they love sitting in traffic after a concert. 


So for the rest of my life , I have the privilege saying that I sang Yellow Submarine with Ringo and The Dude. It's not like John Jon will be swinging through town anytime soon. Definitely something special dancing with that All-Star Line Up. Magical 


And then there was this guy below. That's right , another Tony Furtado show in the Radio Room. Sold out and a straight two and one half hour gig. Outstanding 

THE MINI ECLIPSE:

Truth be told here. As Mr Moon creeped into the evening sky like a police officer peeking into the backseat of your car, I wondered what night was the partial eclipse. 

Yup , spidey senses were activated and way A$$ tingling. Mounting the old iron horse , to the river I rode. iPhone photos of the moon always blows A$$ but I am posting it anyway. Some day in a far far galaxy some alien might see this photo and think COOOOOOOOOOL. Smile 


So in closing , its been lively in these thar parts. Hope you are checking off the priorities from your life chores list. I am still unable to comment on this blog or your blog. Missing the connection from my digital world of friends. Until my next installment , stay strong , play nice , and groove on.

Cheers 

No comments:

Post a Comment