Thursday, July 18, 2024

Day 7 of 21 on my 53rd with 66 days until Autumn

My morning commute and the morning began with training a new guy while babysitting a couple of others. So that's always fun. Popped on over to those loose ended chores and watered ALL plants as I am currently house sitting two homes but no pets. 

Jumped on the Mighty Colorado River for a spontaneous afternoon float 

R Roo Roo rang the fine folks at Ramblebine Brewery to ask a few questions. Such as , will you be televising the All Star Game , how do you feel about outside food , and do we need a reservation for a birthday party. 

They welcomed all of it and happily broadcasted the MLB All Star Game for us. What blew my mind , all the support by friends and family. Everyone stepped up their game and brought a full on vegan dish to share. Not just a vegetarian meal but a true authentic vegan dish. Stoked 


A rice noodle dish with chopped veggies , garden fresh basil, and a beautiful hint of freshly squeezed lemon. Homemade veggie calzones made from wheat and they were only about the size of your palm. Like Way Cool !! Homemade salsa but I am not currently munching on chips these days so I assume that it was terrific as all get out. My offering just happened to present these fine folks with Soybean curls that appear to be chicken or pork at first glance. I added grated zukes , diced bells , peeled garlic, and chopped at length green onions. My first time whipping up a homemade teriyaki sauce as I have ALWAYS purchased a store bought bottle and have never attempted to prepare it from scratch. This was served over brown rice that I added crushed almonds and cilantro after the rice was cooked to perfection. Divine 


And Roo Roo created this incredibly delicious angle food cake with chocolate pudding. She remembered me sharing this recipe many moons ago during bike night. Couldn't believe that she remembered and was an extremely thoughtful gesture. Basically , after you bake the cake , cut it in half , remove the top , dig out a trough in the bottom layer there, fill with pudding , put the top back on , and smoother with sweet chocolate pudding. Oh Baby 

The whole day was magical and the evening with friends was legendary. From sun up to sun down , top shelf. Hearing from friends all day was rather meaningful. I am not sure why it is but this years birthday was very touching. Laid my head to rest on the cool side of the pillow with a heart wisely full of gratitude. I leave you with our 4th of July float and the soundtrack is provided by our band Big Swig Colorado. We played a gig in a pool hall and this is an original tune that Nate and I wrote titled ' The Time I Got Drunk ' Thanx For Watching 

Sending Positive Vibes Your Way ,

Cheers 



4 comments:

  1. Dearest Travis,
    You certainly had a great 4th of July event! Lovely video.
    Happy 53rd Birthday and many more in good health!!!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome day with good company and the food! So nice when people are supportive. That cake looks amazing! Happy Birthday to you and many more! 🎈🎊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a beautiful cake and a thoughtful gesture for sure.
    Happy birthday and all the best!

    ReplyDelete