Thursday, March 9, 2023

Was I The Worm Or The Bird

Take Time To Give Thanx      Make Time To Be Giving      I'm Gonna Stop And Think Twice About The Way That I'm Living      Did I Say A Kind Word      Am I Proud Of My Actions       You Know A Job Well Done Gives Me Satisfaction       Can I Earn Your Trust     Your Love And Affection        Just One Step At A Time In The Right Direction        I'm Gonna Aim For Sky       Keep My Feet On The Ground       Raise My Voice To The Heavens      Make A Joyful Sound 


The String Cheese Incident

Outside Inside 2001

HIKE:

I am so not going to bore you with the time is flying factor. It IS March and the MADness is just around the corner. 


Been heading out early when the ground is still frozen and the atmosphere is peaceful. Pretty much mud season around here these days. The kind of soft mud were dogs would love splattering their paw prints in it. Sure wish Mother Nature would kindly dump about 5 feet of wet heavy snow here over the next few days. Think Snow

CYCLING:

The 'Just Wait 5 Minutes' saying around here in Colorado came true the other day. I headed west on the Ol GT and I wouldn't say that I was cold but definitely not warm. Within a few miles of care-free riding, the wind picked up. Then, I was kind of cold. Tolerable but chilly. Comfortable Enough 

Dark clouds casually rolled over the Colorado National Monument while caressing the individual slot canyon walls. The howling wind emanates directly from the west into my exposed face. Next thing I knew, Mr Sun was out again, headwind was even stronger. Still rolling west, I tucked into the tightest TT position I could wiggle myself into as I plunge my way on. Felt stellar to burn the quads while my screaming gastrocnemius pounded down on them pedals. Snow flakes began falling again and take refuge on the sleeves of my flannel. Finally talked myself into 'This Is The Perfect Turn Around Location'. The darker ominous clouds blocked away all sun's solar rays as I succumbed to defeat while turning around with my tail between my legs. 

And here comes the real snow!! A sideways blowing snow storm rapidly engulfed the landscape. The wind fluctuated between a tailwind, Willy Wonka upways, noseways, and a sideways blast of freezing temperatures. Between the weather and wind, couldn't hear my own thoughts. Just as I was questioning my own judgment, the sun breaks out once again. That tailwind was fierce still. Mother Nature happily pushed me all the way and my flannel was considerably soaked at this point of the adventure. I was cold but a headwind would have been disastrous. So lucky to be riding with the wind!! If you don't like the Colorado weather, just wait 5 minutes. 

PROJECTS:

A client mentioned this book and then brought it on in during our last session. Will begin reading shortly. Have You 


Have you ever worked with plaster walls before?? I have obviously patched holes in drywall and scarped popcorn ceilings but plaster walls will be a first. I am committed to a job where there is a hole in the back of a closet in room 1 that opens into the 2nd bedroom. The front door knob also punched a hole into the wall there as well. Will shoot some photos as I go, wish me luck. Plaster On 


Meeting with the Realtor this Saturday and rather excited about this place. Will gaily post photos during the walk through and keep ya all posted. Fingers Crossed 

ORTHO:

The Ortho world has been on fire. Landing this new location has completely changed my format. Not sharing the office space with three other gals has allowed me to be available at a drop of a hat. I'm working bankers hours, evenings, and weekends. Whatever & Whenever 


I rode over to the gym after a day in the office and was quickly reminded why I am gradually building my practice again. Someone left this for me as I am the last man standing when it comes to wearing my mask at the gym. I am waiting for the Trump Lovin Phuc to ask me if I got the cartoon. I don't need to ask around because they wont be able to control themselves here in a week or two. Like the Joke "How Do You Know If Someone Is Vegan?" Just wait and they will tell ya all about it. 

I am in the process of ordering an advertisement banner for the office. The graphic designer fabricated a little prototype placard with my logo and told me they ran a few stickers just because. In my mind, was thinking a few little cheesy suckers. They totally knocked me out with a bunch of little black ones and white ones. A stack of larger white, black, and red ones on the good quality vinyl were also in my goodie bag. Like Top Shelf Stickers 

February was full of Karma Coupons and goal reaching achievements. I weighed in at 202 pounds / 91 kilograms on Feb 1st 2023. Set a targeted goal of 190 by the end of the month. Well, didn't reach that goal but dropping the 10 pounds was pretty sweet. I stepped on the scale March 1st to witness this 193 pound / 87 kilos. The 180's is just around the corner and 170's by Summer sound be within range. Right 

NIGHT:

Those high Cirrus Clouds began rolling in those first few nights of stargazing and the dance between Venus & Jupiter. Started feeling a little dubious that I might miss the conjunction or the kissing if you will. But the last few nights created ideal viewing conditions and I fell in love. Jupiter, Venus, and that happy Moon were all right there in alinement. And last night's Full Moon ( Worm MOON ) brightened my whole evening. Pun Intended  


Hopefully you all were peering towards the west just after sundown to observe the pirouette between those celestial bodies spinning about. They were a sight to see and check out these photos from CJ. Keep Looking Up 

DISC:

Over the winter break, along with other chores, the YouTube algorithm flooded me with disc golfing videos. One guy in particular described exactly my form to a T and how that is the worst way to throw a disc. Clueless I Am 


The above photo is the result from my tee off drive. My old mechanics of throwing positioned my right elbow tucking into my right hip as I released my disc. This guy goes on to elaborate arm movement, elbow accuracy, and hip rotation. All off which I was doing completely wrong. Now I have only played three times this year with my new found driving angles and overall proprioception while on the tee pad. 


I am driving the disc like a mad man. Have always driven the disc like a discombobulated wild man but now it's a whole new ballgame. Definitely takes concentration but my elbow is parallel to the ground and my hips are isync with my feet and I have added about 20 yards / 18 meters to my drives. Hopefully my release point and grip will all merry together at some point this year. 


I focused on putting last year and that paid off dramatically. Started throwing with a Swan and retired my original early 90's Birdie Putter. The above photo showcases my distance putt that found the proper line I was envisioning and drilled the basket for another satisfying birdie toss. Just as I released the putter, called out to The Dude mid-flight that "I Think It's Going In!!" Below are photos of my blue disc in the basket.  


Stuck That Sucker Good. The Dude has been quite impressed with my play this year. We are both shocked by the distance gained with my driver disc and my putts are almost unreal. I'm not getting big headed here by any means. It is just that I have played disc golf for decades and I am just now learning how to play the game. Stoked 

TIMMING:

It is all in the timing and delivery. Like WoW

GOALS:

  1. Vacationing In The Sunshine
  2. Enthusiasms While Working  
  3. Grass Is In Need Of A Moe 
  4. Absolutely No Interest In Firing Up The Walk Behind Noise Maker 
  5. Shouting Out With Pure Happiness 

I leave you all with a promotional video I created for The Dude. Please leave a comment with your honest opinions. I am seeking true feedback for building stronger shorts. Might have another part time gig creating these for the Realtor. Maybe?!?! I say maybe because these videos demand attention to details and loads of freaking time. Would rather be riding my bike but the cash flow would be a bonus. Always up for refreshing revenue sources and exciting unknown challenges. 

 

Stay Strong,

Cheers 


40 comments:

  1. ...gorgeous things surround you. By the way, I rather be a bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great post, Padre. Wow, the first tree in the post is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whats That A Shot?!?!?! Almost Worthy Of A County Fair Entry - Almost

      Take Care Mr Bill,
      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Me he quedado con la foto de la nieve y de tu caminata, porque en mi ciudad, es raro que nieve. Para poder verla con seguridad hay que ir a Sierra Nevada, que se encuentra en una provincia que hac límite con la mía, pero siempre que voy a granada, procuro que no sea en invierno. Le temo mucho al frío.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adoraria visitar aquelas montanhas - Me agrada que você esteja gostando das minhas fotos - Sempre traz um sorriso ao meu coração quando ouço de você

      Sending Vibes,
      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Dearest Travis,
    Well, I certainly envy you tremendously as I'm KNOCKED OFF my bike for quite a while by a stupid woman who's head could not turn to SEE me coming. Hurting still and I've endured all pain just RAW. No painkillers due to my kidney stage. On Wednesday I got a reply from our State Farm Insurance that my liability claim got accepted. Thanks to my Strava app I had it rather well documented and Pieter who rode right behind me had to abruptly turn left in order to avoid her and her killing machine. Police report states posted speed 35...
    I've had several guardian angels that day. The stupid guy that pulled me up, off the highway never should have done so. Had my shoulder MRI done on the 1st and need to wait till 22nd before we know what is wrong with my rotator cuff or whatever. Meanwhile wearing that stupid knee immobilizer on right leg for fractured knee cap and my Proxima fibula on left is broken and calf was so swollen, bruised and cut and ankle the worst. Not anything I was looking forward to as I tried to do the utmost for keeping my kidneys healthy.
    You move on and watch for others that don't look!
    Alongside the Colorado River is of course rather safe to bike—no cars!
    The video is a MUST see, must do for so many for getting at least some understanding about growing veggies.
    Oh and those skeleton trees, when we bike, we discover them everywhere. WHY don't people cut them down before they fall and might injure somebody...?
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been Thinking About You Daily - You Turned In Some Real Karma Coupons - Thankful That Mr Pieter Wasn't Side Swiped - Going To Interview Ortho Folks In Your Neighborhood - Will Send You Info Soon - You Enjoyed The Video - Thats Great - Please Stay Strong And Give Mr P My Love - Miss You Guys

      OxoxoxO

      Delete
    2. Well, Pieter did bike after he saw me getting air borne... Grateful for my guardian angels!

      Delete
  5. I like the video. The text and visuals are good together. It is a long speech though. Would it be possible to break it up a bit so the talk doesn’t run so long, but phrases interspersed with the visuals. I was really interested but he lost me with the long talk. You do great work on these visuals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent Feedback And Thank You - Will Hopefully Begin Creating More - Compost Tea Is On The Radar

      Be Well Marie,
      Cheers

      Delete
  6. You have been busy. You are most welcome to the potential Nor'easter that is coming this way on Monday. The weather dudes are gleefully hoping we get slammed. Nothing like Callifornia, but still. Grandpa's advice is wrong. Having a black cat was just the best. 🐈‍⬛Thanks for the link back. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hints The Bird Or The Worm - HHHeeee HHEEEeeee - Have Tracked That Sucker From The B Straight And Its Gotta Punch Alright - Loads Of Wind As Well - BLK Katz Rock!!!

      U Bet & Big Hugs CJ,
      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Glad you survived your bike outing with a tailwind at the end! I love the stickers, and definitely keep us posted on the real estate situation.

    As for the cartoon, I just don't get why someone would feel compelled to leave that for you. If you want to wear a mask, who cares? What ever happened to "live and let live"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I had to look up "gastrocnemius." :)

      Delete
    2. You Have The Researching Skills Brother Man !! Aren't Those Stickers Totally Boss - I Only Wish That The Person Was My Friend And Handed Me The Cartoon - Sissy For Sure

      Stay Clever Mr Reed,
      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Was the 4th your birthday? It's mine and it was fun to read my horoscope. Like wow is right. And that black and white is amazing. Funny how much I love color but sometimes photos in black and white are just outstanding. Happy weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too Funny And Was Not My Birthday - So Pleased About You Reading Through - Agreed On The Color Front - I Feel The Same Way Regarding Tattoos - Color Pops But Something Artistic About Black And White Realism - Happy Happy Erika

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. Das erste Foto finde ich am schönsten, ich mag Schwarz/Weiß Aufnahmen unheimlich gern. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Das Schwarz-Weiß-Foto kam gut an - Vielen Dank für Ihren Besuch - Alles Gute in diesem Monat März

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. The blue background is my favourite blanket on my sofa <3 :D Yes I thought it's a nice match.

    Great post. This nature looks so beautiful <3 I love to discover new places. Oh we played with discs some years ago, it's so much fun.
    Enjoy your weekend too. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Hopefully I Have Inspired You And Friends Will Play Some Disc Golf With Ya This Spring - Why Not - Thanx For Checking In On Me

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. I'm so happy to hear that your ortho practice is doing well. From what I've read on your blog so far, I always got the impression that it makes you happy to help people with your ortho work. So, it seems like a win win situation, doesn't it? You're helping people and you're happy. Win for them and win for you.

    I always enjoy your nature photography. I miss hiking. I hardly ever do it these days. I spend way too much time at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You And I Am Just As Pleased About The Biz - W's Across The Board - Will Happily Hike For Ya And You Keeping Working For Me - Another Win Win - Big Hugs My Friend

      Cheers

      Delete
    2. The promotional video is really cool!

      Delete
  12. Glad you're getting some strong riding in despite the bipolar weather. We always say that about Chicago weather too. Sometimes we get all 4 seasons in one day! Several times.

    We saw Jupiter and Venus tandem in the California sky. Couldn't see it here if you wanted--it's so cloudy or the city lights interfere with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Am So Fired Up About The Weather - Been Waiting 10 Years For This New Reality To Hit - Smell A CA Just Recorded A Tornado And A Hurricane Is Around The Corner - CAN'T WAIT - Stoked You Witness The Jupiter Venus Conjunction - You Should See The Moon In Alinement Now Between The Two - So Beautiful

      You Rock Wendy,
      Cheers

      Delete
  13. No he caminado jamás por la nieve, más que nada porque por donde vivo no suele nevar. Tampoco no hago nada , por viajar hasta ella. Es más el temor al frío, que las ganas que tengo de tenerla antes mis ojos. Lo máximo que he llegado a ver ha sido , una elevación montañosa, que la cumbre estaba cubierta de nieve y eso desde una carretera, no demasiado cercana.
    Que tengas una feliz semana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adoro caminhar na neve fresca - E caminhar na neve sob a lua cheia é mágico - Sempre gosto de ouvir de você e obrigado por compartilhar uma parte de você - Tudo de bom durante o resto deste mês de março

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. That's a good 1st photo...your comment went in the correct place! Fancy that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always do lots of things, great things but putting plaster on walls if one is not of this occupation, must be very, very difficult and challenging so ten times you go doc!
    P.S: love the healing logos ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing My Best Top Keep My Head Above Water - Stoked On The Logo And Stickers For Sure - Big Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete
  16. The first three photos are so awesome... I wish you a lot of fun on your tours. The crocuses are blooming here :-)
    Driver disk - You know "practice makes perfect" - I'm sure you'll get perfect. I'm also the type of person who likes to have an idea of ​​the things I'm doing :-)
    Hug, happy weekend... and a successful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Those Are Quite The Images - Saw My First Happy Little Crocus Yesterday And Pretty Excited About The Cacti Blooming Here Soon - I'll Share This, I Can Practice All I Want And I Will Still Hit A Tree Off The Tee Pad - Classic

      Be Well,
      Cheers

      Delete
  17. It's mud season here too, but I don't want any more snow. It needs to be spring. I'd like that great scenery to walk through though. And I''ve never worked with plaster on walls but I've done plenty of sheetrock mudding. Does plaster makes as much dust? Have a great rest of the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mud Season It Is - Plaster Hardens Up Quick - Mud Is Much User Friendly For Sure - Plaster Doesn't Create The Dust Like Mud Slapping And Sanding Does - Enjoying The Rest Of March And Looking Forward To April

      Cheers

      Delete
  18. So many things to do! I love the pics, as usual, lovely video too!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx A Million For Watching The Video - Always A Banner Day When Hearing From Ya - Be Well

      Cheers

      Delete