Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Clicking Off The Weeks

Because The World Is Round     It Turns Me On    Because The World Is Round    Because The Wind Is High    It Blows My Mind    Because The Wind Is High    Love Is Old    Love Is New    Love Is All     Love Is You 


The Beatles

Abby Road 1969

ORTHO:

So I threw it out to the Universe and WoW. Talk about enlightenment. A number of new clients have walked through the door on referrals and one even wheeled in. 

Another client arrived with more cash in hand than they knew what to do with. A yoga instructor skeptically entered the office and I was amazed with all the walls up. I categorize them as the ice berg clients. You slowly chip away at the surface and eventually the center will present itself. All In Time

But a highlight was working with a client chalk full of arthritis but in good spirits. They shared tales from their youth while I worked away on their hands and ankles. Definitely my first experiences in crunchy neck bones. Their mind set was spectacular and vibrant but their body is in rough shape. But you would never know it because they never divulged any painful stories or poor me overtones. 

DEATH:

Bummer to showcase these but these folks were an interracial part of my upbringing. Melinda Dillon portrayed a dazed and confused actor from Close Encounters of the Third Kind and totally warped my mind. The way Hollywood captures your heart and truly pulls you in for a ride. The whole scene of those three amigos climbing Devils Tower before, during, and after the delivered sleeping gas was gripping when you are only about 7 years old. And Then, The Christmas Story, BRILLIANTLY PLAYED. 

CYCLING:

Finally!! 


Been spinning the wheels again and feeling way groovy. Snowed on my last commuter ride to the office this morning. A fabulous wet heavy snow but as you can see, GROUND IS STILL WARM. The snow accumulated in the shady areas around trees and Northside's of structures. But nothing all that impressive. Just Beautiful 


And when it is wet out ( * Bang * POW * Clank * BOING * Mid 1960's Batman for a smile ) texting and driving is always the answer. On the bottom left of the above photo is all plastic parts and pieces from the accident. This moment cultivated joy in my day because I am not those guys. Below are photos from when I was feeling extra spunky. 


Sweet pre Super Bowl Ride and it was gorgeous out. One of those ideal Colorado Bluebird Days and the temp was almost too warm for the pace I was on. My aJENda was lined out and I only set aside 2 hours for the ride, shower, and organizing. All Came Together 


My rhythm is gaining strength and I could almost consider a proper Spring Time ride. Have yet to commit but at least the drive is building. I know many of you find it silly that my only real reason for hesitating is COVID. I don't want it!! I complain about my cardiovascular system but I really like my lungs. I know this sounds like a cop out but I just don't trust anyone. Why Do Humans Disappoint 

THE FURGIE:

Here was simplified ( ON THE BOX READS 10 MINUTES ) story about , " Are You Flipping Kidding Me Right Now??" 


I agreed to replace a toilet for the Karma Coupons and the above photo captures the two drips in motion water leak from this 1970's value. As I was twisting that vale to the closed position, the old die cast medal crumbled in the palm of my hand. Unreal 


So now my 10 minute project incorporated a bike ride to the local hardware store. I luckily towed the connection hose as a back up to my fuzzy math. That is a G.W. Bush reference there. Purchased a new 3/8 pressure value and back to task at hand. Removed the old wax doughnut and FINALLY pulled the old throne. Believe it or not, the new commode only took me about 10 minutes to install, bolt down the tank, bolt on the seat, and bolt down to the floor. Classic 

Here above is the photo I shot for them. I Passed on the SH&TTY pun intended details. They were so stoked about the X - Mas lights as an accent back there. When I was reading their text, so thankful about sparing the trials and tribulations. They still have zero clue that I even went to that dang hardware store. That is just between us here. 

WORK:

The Old Man with all the knowledge taught me how to replace cables on the machines. The job is rather fascinating really and I really harmonize with the old guy.


He is a gem to be around and we always stop what we are doing to relive an old engram from our youth. Sometimes that hinders us because we forget tools and even what it was that we were actually up to. We Laugh 


But after all is said and done, we get Sh&T done no matter how many distractions we create together. Make take us an hour longer than a professional but we always learn and/or forget something along the way. 

DOGS:

Watched these guys during Super Bowl Weekend and then I have them again all next week. 


They totally crack me up. Dogs are so cool when you only house and dog sit. I enjoy making a big production out of meal time but I don't miss purchasing those bags of dog food. 

And they are so much more expressive than our two legged friends at times. And they are always ready to go in the drop of a hat. One treat, shake the car keys, and life is good. Love It 

HIKING:

Legs are feeling flexible as well. My ROM has dreamily increased over the past few weeks. 


I still have a fair amount of work on my plate before I feel cheery again. All I am saying is that I am not quite there with my overall health. It's A Process 


During a hike a few days ago, I couldn't stop thinking about those poor folks in Turkey and Syria. I sympathize with them after spending a few decades in SD,Ca where minor earthquakes were common. I was fortunate to never witness a building collapsing or hear the horror skin crawling screams form the innocent. Here I am, hot water when I want it, electricity with the flip of a switch, or an automobile with endless supplies of gasoline stations. Hell, I wake up with a functional body with all limb attached. Excellent 

GOALS:

  1. Hydrate
  2. Edit Promotional Video 
  3. Laugh Out Loud
  4. Look Both Ways
  5. Obviously 

So here I sit in front of this computer with Hip Hop Aloft Instrumentals playing in the background. Happy Freakin' Valentines Day. I went to town with sound effect during this 45 second time lapse. Can you believe February is half over??

Cheers 

44 comments:

  1. Loved the 1st pic and all the doggo pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outstanding There Magic - Stay Beautiful

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    I always enjoy your photos, pretty scenic views and adorable dogs.
    I am glad you were not involved in that accident. Great video, I love hearing the birds singing. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello My Shadow People!! Cute Little Pups - I Do Prefer The Bike - Thanx So Much For Watching The Video - Hopefully It Was Rather Entertaining For Ya - I Enjoy Creating Them - Have A Delightful Weekend

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. ...the days go by much too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your moon shot reminds me of Melinda Dillon running out of the house, screaming at the boiling sky: BAAAAARRRRYYYYYYYYYYY as her son was taken. Little Barry also wore a t-shirt from my alma mater. Sad that she's gone, but I'm glad she was still around to for The Christmas Story with Ralphie all grown up. I loved it and not it's a wonderful homage to both Darren McGavin and Melinda Dillon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I should have referenced Close Encounters as the movie. And in English the last sentence should read " and now it's a wonderful homage to both...I haven't had my first cuppa yet 😊

      Delete
    2. That Scene With All Those Appliances Sparking To Life And The Doggie Door Flapping Away - Enjoy Those Tasty Cups Of Joe My Friend - Big Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Dearest Travis,
    Happy belated Saint Valentine's Day! Well it ought to be 365 days of it and not just because of the mass brainwashing it into a commercial day...
    Guess you unwittingly named the culprit here in a funny way: chalk full... instead of chock full and that is probably what arthritis really comes down to. Pieter's fingers are full of it and it is painful.
    Glad you could help so many and enjoyed the dog sitting—always rewarding!
    That toilet with its crumbling valves... what a story!
    You keep going and I'm pleased to see you ride longer distances—also considering your climatic conditions.
    We both enjoyed it very much on a sunny day, not yet warm but good enough to roll.
    Did not know Melinda Dillon from her movies but probably have watched her play in the Bonanza series. That was of course aired in The Netherlands!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You And I Do Pass It Along Daily - Grammar, oops - Will Blame Aotucorrect And Not My Proof Reading Skills - Notice Autocorrect There - The Value Was Not One Of My Finer Moments For Sure - You Two Have Been Logging The Miles And I Am Very Proud Of You Guys - Well Done

      OxoxoxO

      Delete
  6. Love your stories and photos especially the dogs outside in their element. Snow and dogs, it's heaven for them. :) Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Mr Bill - Dogs Running In The Snow Warms My Heart - Quick Week But Lovely Just The Same

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Interesting photos and love the dogs. You are kept busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where Would We Be Without Dogs - More Wag - Less Bark

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Yes It Does - That Was Two Days Before The Full Moon - We Went For A "Full Moon" Snowshoe Adventure - Totally Fabulous

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. You are a handy guy. Nice you can do all those fixes. I wish I could so I could do them and not wait for the hubby to get to them. And I agree with you about the pups. I went back to the beach today and these guys know what I mean by beach. They were ready to go. Have a great rest of your week. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Erika - The Hubby And I Would Work Well Together - 20 Minutes Of Story Telling And Two Minutes Of Working - Dogs, Always Ready And Super Happy - Very Predicable For Sure

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. This moon... this snow... the faithful dog eyes... it puts me in a really good mood he, he, he, thank you. We're having rain again, but I won't complain, there were three days of sunshine... and it was heaven.
    Fitness... I'll go then.
    A hug to you. Happy time for you... you do it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Are Truly Welcome And I Do Thank You - Big Hugs

      Delete
  11. First I love the video with that nice a music!Perfect!Reading your post ..are you some kind of healer hih hih I mean massaging peoples bones ect ect Hih hih!Good!!Sorry But you post was just so nice it made me laugh!
    Without doubt a handy man you are!Wish you all good and happy Fastelavends weekend Nice pictures too :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Thank You So Much For The Feedback - I practice Ortho Bionomy , Acupressure , Reflexology , And Neuromuscular Therapy - Pleased You Are Finding Humor And Please Keep Laughing - Thanx For Checking In

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. I don't think it's silly at all that you're still taking covid precautions. I had it for 3 weeks in November and I seriously thought I was never going to feel well again. I NEVER want to go through that crap again.

    Nice deed on the toilet. You're a good human.

    Give the pups an extra ear scratch from me. My old guy isn't doing well these days. We're going for a quality of life check on Thursday. Sadly, I think we're going to have to make a rough decision to give my Rocky baby his wings soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What A Bummer , Three Weeks - Thank You - Just Played Big Time With Them And They Are Such Characters - Breaks My Heart - Sending Love & Light Your Way

      Delete
  13. You have been busy, my friend! Glad to see you're getting out on the bike. It's still too early for that here, but it's always good weather for a run!

    Love the pups. Just love them. I'm sure you are the best dog sitter! That nose! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping Myself Content And Occupied These Days - Any Day Outside Is GREAT Weather - Nothing Like A Little Wet Nose

      Be Well Wendy,
      Cheers

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. The Wheels On The Bus Go Round And Round

      Cheers

      Delete
  15. Thanks a lot =) Have a nice week.

    Interesting post. The weather here is pretty nice, warmer than usual for February.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy Your Weekend - Its Been A Very Warm And Scary Winter Around The Globe - Think Snow

      Cheers

      Delete
  16. Das erste Foto ist so wundervoll. Vielen Dank dafür. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, das erste Foto war dieses Mal ein Hit - Ich wünsche Ihnen ein schönes Wochenende

      Cheers

      Delete
  17. You're always busy and it's amazing how many different things you do.
    What beautiful dogs, they look so sweet.
    I loved your photos especially the first one with the moon which is fantastic and the landscapes of your hikings.
    Have a nice weekend
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simply Keeping My Head Above Water - Dogs Are The Best - Well, Good Dogs Are The Best - That First Photo Was Truly A Banner Shot - All The Best During March

      Cheers

      Delete
  18. February is ending. I can't wait for spring.
    Greetings from cold Poland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully Spring Time Treats You And The Family Very Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  19. No se que problemas, tengo con tu blog que me ha desaparecido de la tercera lista que tengo y aunque lo meto de nuevo, sigo con el mismo problema.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perdona que vuelva de nuevo. A la tercera vez lo he logrado.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Todos nós sofremos muito com a navegação neste novo layout do blogger - Alguns blogs não posso comentar - Outros blogs meu comentário desaparece - Eu aprecio você e sei muito bem que você entra em contato com frequência - Grandes abraços para você, meu querido amigo

      Cheers

      Delete
  21. First, LOVE the dog photos! And yes, you described dogthink so well. :)

    Glad the toilet repairs worked out despite the mishap with the valve. I'm impressed! I'd never be able to do a job like that.

    I was sad about Melinda Dillon too. She was in "Magnolia," one of my favorite movies. A bizarre film but a winner in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Trained Dogs Are Delightful For Sure - I'll Bet You Could Remove An Old Toilet - There Are A Few Tricks To Install But Nothing Over The Top - Yes, Magnolia !!! Anyway, I Throughly Enjoyed Your Florida Trip - Be Well Brother

      Cheers

      Delete
  22. Always a pleasure to see those happy doggies! You sure have a way with dogs. They always seem so comfortable around you.

    ReplyDelete