Friday, April 22, 2022

Snoop Dogg In GJ

With So Much Drama In The L-B-C   Its Kinda Of Hard Bein' Snoop D-O-double-G  But I Somehow Some Way    Keep Comin' Up With Funky A$$ Sh*T Like Every Single Day    May I Kick A Little Something For The G's     And Make A Few Ends As I Breeze Through     Two In The Mornin' And The Partys Still Jumpin'     Cause My Momma Aint Home   Rollin' Down The Street Smokin' Indo    Sippin' On My Gin And Juice    Laid Back     With My Mind On My Money     And My Money On My Mind 


Snoop Dogg 

Down To Earth 1993

SNOOP DOGG:

Snoop Dogg actually visited Disfunction Junction for a live performance. I swore that it was just a rumor but nope. It really happened. Sort Of  

The Dude & I rode our bikes down to the outdoor amphitheater but threw a quick few baskets beforehand at near by Watson Island Disc Golf Course. We showed no desire attending and spending the $$$ didn't sound attractive ether. The Amphitheater sold 5,000 tix for the show and that is pretty much maximum capacity.  After Snoop left his BLK GMC Suburban , he walks out onto the stage, hits the space bar on the Laptop, and plays other artist songs. What The Phuc?? He is a rookie DJ and played Blondie, Joan Jet, Talking Heads, & a few other recognizable artist. About every third song, he would shout out," Where Are My Weed Smokers!" He half baked a Karaoke verse or two over RAP Tunes from NWA, Nate Dogg, and other popular rap hits and I didn't get it. Totally incredulous showing of entertainment. No Band, No Snoop Songs, And A SHORT One Hour And 14 Minute Set. Odd 


So The Dude & I rode over to the other side of the Amphitheater for a different perspective. A guy that I worked with for years at Country Jam waves me over to the fence. We shook hands and were catching up when he says," You Guys Wanna Come In??" He hands over two Comp Tix & VIP Pink wrist bands. When I introduce him to The Dude he projected really nice affirmations about my character and referred to my ethical work habits and all that. Really good of him for sure. So we locked up our bikes and walked in like complete rock stars. Classic 

Couldn't believe how many folks in attendance I knew. And there were literally a full spectrum of local culture and they were totally thrilled to witness Snoop Dogg play Mr DJ. It was a weird mindset when I was scanning the crowd for more familiar faces but knowing that I was really only wishing to see one face. One person was my fancy but knowing they would most likely only muster up an emblematic wave of saying hello at best. Unfortunately they were nowhere to be found in the crowd. Only friendly fist bumps were exchanged and friendly hugs from true honest friends. But Snoop Dogg as a DJ, Super Lame! Why not just send a body double, Hide out in your GMC until showtime, play your prerecorded DJ set, wave to the crowd, and fly out with a pocket full of cool hard cash. No Photos , No Autograph Signing, No Interactions 

WORKING:

A number of projects have come my way and then some. I was feeling way old from the 84 days straight of working. OK, minus two days when I drove over 11 hours per day out west and back. But attending the funeral, all those greyhairs, not feeling so old anymore as I have my teeth and still able to trust a fart. 

I work with two old guys and Old Man Wiggly is a character. He is a true relic and is no longer allowed on ladders. This leaves me with climbing, decoding the nest of wires, hearing Wiggly tell me to simply cut the BLUE wire, I often rely on snapping off a photo for clarification, and rewiring what he is asking of me. These Spring days fly by for sure. A series of morning situations played out and our pedantic young buck help blew us off when we needed to pull the old carpet from this office for the new lament flooring. Self Fellating Phuc 


The two old guys and me started ripping out carpet. Wasn't fun to tell you the truth but we made the best of it and told jokes and shared stories to pass the time. Sure As Sh*T, we were down to the last three feet or so and poor Old Man Wiggly crossed up his size 14 shoes and fell down backwards. All Phuc-N day I was watching Wiggly, checking in with him, doing as much as I could, and I took my eyes off of him for a split second. Old Man Wiggly has been working as hard as I for the past two months. We have all been working hard and long hours. A number of times he has almost tripped or stumbled and I grab him by the arm or once a bear hug as he kinda feel into me. I knew better and I should have been there for him. I knew immediately he was hurt as his face was pale white when we made eye contact. I went into Ortho mode, began slowly taking to him, and kept him from trying to stand and move around. I asked the other old guy to call the owner and then him and I lifted Wiggly up and onto a roller chair. Needless to say.... Old Man Wiggly was under the knife by 5pm that night for a broken hip. I feel so very contrite and sick to my stomach just thinking about it. The Orthopedic Surgeon inserted a titanium rod down his femur and bolted him back together like a new born tin man. His spirits remain high every time we chat over the phone these days. Fingers Crossed 


Another odd job here. I was beat and was trying my best to talk myself into a bike ride. Just ride 10mi/ 16km, just 20mi / 32kms, or just ride to Fruita you lazy A$$ when the phone rings. A gal I know just picked up a puppy dog. They were speed talking with excitement of a school child on Christmas morning. Bottom line, asked if I would put in a doggie door. So off to Home Depot I drove, purchased a medium size dodge door, and went to town on their kitchen door. Came out pretty well and just between us, I left a time capsule inside the doggie door frame. Just might put a smile on someone face down the road. 

And while I was at it, could I possibly install this Keyless Door Lock?? My first time. Wasn't even sure if I could but they are rather simple and didn't take me all that long. And with this particular mode, you can save up to 5 separate 4 digit numbers. WAY COOL!! Anyway, back in the project world.

MIND BODY:

The progression of the Mind & Body Studio that I have had the pleasure of working on since the end of February 




Working off of the blueprints, building steel stud walls, running electrical, conduit with wires, screwing in wooden door frames, hanging nasty A$$ insulation, mudding up drywall, and now professional painters are touching up from here on out. 

SPIN:

The Spin Room has been converted into an office, a reception area, and a future conference room for holding meetings








WEST WING:

Here is the other major project. The steel wall there was moved back a foot and rebuilt. Two office areas were fabricated out of wood and a smaller gathering area appeared by luck. HA




Again, painters are going to texture and roll out some magic

NANCY J:

Nancy J is a wonderful lady from New Zealand and I absolutely fell head over heals for their Prime Minister Jacinda Ardarn during the early days of C19. Jacinda Ardarn spoke to the people daily with updates and encouragement. Who knew that a leader would speak empowering words to those who voted for her. New Zealanders so rock!!! Anyway, Nancy J asked me about health advice and my thoughts regarding minerals, antioxidants, vitamins , and preventive measures in general. Mainly, Nancy J was asking about a defense against C19 and its variants coming down the pipe.

My whole thing I preach is nutrition, Nutrition, NUTRITION. Nancy J asked me about Zinc and I am an advocate of rich sources of zinc that the body will absorb. What Does That Mean?? A diet that consists of chickpeas, lentils, and beans are excellent low calorie sources of zinc. Magnesium was also on Nancy J's radar and I say yes. Seeds, nuts, clean dairy, and eggs are beneficial for sure. Tofu, black eye peas, avocados are high in Magnesium but my favorite Magnesium subsistence is Dark Chocolate. I am a push over for beautiful organic dark chocolate. Yes Please 

Now fresh greens and shellfish also play their roles and can be debatable. My point is, most over the counter "pills" or multivitamins aren't necessarily processed by the body for a number of reasons. These pills are rather expensive and sort of harsh on the kidneys. Not every meal is for everyone and there is no perfect diet. However, when it comes to C19, a plant based diet carries merit in my model of the world. Healthy nutrient dense meals build healthy cells, healthier cells aids stronger immune systems, and active immune systems allows for a better overall defense against C19. 

Is a plant based diet a cure all, no. Am I saying that you will not contract C19 if you don't eat meat, NO. I am simply answering Nancy J with YES zinc and magnesium are highly encouraged for a healthy outlook on life. If you only have access to multivitamins, crush them up before ingesting them. I am a big fan of Emergen-C packets and add them to my water bottle about every other day. Yes, even when I am not sick I consume C Packets for the vitamin B and electrolytes. Plus, for my active lifestyle, I truly believe Potassium, Sodium, and Phosphorus supports my recovering muscles, overall structural component of my muscle train, and reinforces the function of my nerve and muscles relationship. 

ORTHO:

Ortho clients are amazing and the work is brilliant. I am in the office during the evening hours and most weekends. In fact, all Sundays and every other Saturdays. I have been making house calls and those are pretty cool. When I was only practicing massage, house calls weren't my thing. Never minded but preferred to practice in the office. But with Ortho, house calls are A OK.

A regular husband and wife house call was fantastic on two fronts. Excellent $$$ and a take home plate of food. They always offer me a delightful meal and they are such wonderful folks. They live in a standard downtown Victorian style home and I wonder if there is a friendly ghost roaming the hallways during the moonless evenings. Spooky 

A Silver Sneaker with a bad wing has been witnessing desirable results from our Ortho-Bionomy sessions. Lucky for me, numerous referrals as a direct result from them. I have seen three new clients through this word of mouth advertising now and I am stoked as all get out because of it. The construction and handyman work is nice and all but my focus is better spent in the office. Obviously easier on my body, clearly ideal pay, and witnessing a release in what was a dysfunctional movements makes everyones day. 

CYCLING:

Speaking of happy muscle contractions, Love Riding Bikes!! Stole that line from a Youtuber but I don't recall his channel at the moment. Him and his mates always say Love Riding Bikes while in the rain or heat or other adverse conditions. 

My friend Little K reached out and we rode out to Fruita and back together. We worked together many moons ago and we chatted as if we were brother and sister. Little K filled me in with all of her updates and we giggled a lot. She is happily seeing someone new as she was married when we worked together. I am happy for her and he sounds terrific. Of course she asked and all I could preach was that I am the square peg in a round hole in the dating world. She gave me the vote of confidence and defaulted with "Oh, You'll Find Someone." Other than that conversation, we chatted the whole 25+ miles/ 40kms without much effort. Excellent Evening Cruise 

Last Friday was flipping amazing!! There's a regular gathering on Friday nights at the City Building. I just caught wind of it and this particular theme was Goth. I so dig dress up and group rides rock! There were 73 of us roaming around town, ringing bells, super casual pace, and all while dressed in our best goth appearance. We collected another group of four as we rode through the college and one person claimed we had a grand total of 91 riders. My Starva upload landed me at 2 hours+ on the saddle and just over 7mi /11.2km in total. I suggested "WIG" night for the last Friday of the month. 

The Mighty Colorado River flows so low that it hurts my heart to witness. But I still enjoy riding the River Trail and I make the rides the best for what it is. I am way out of shape but I do enjoy a bike ride when I have the free time. My last few rides were devoted to phone calls so my resent rides are nothing worth bragging about. Ride On 

GOALS:

  1. Remain Present For Optimal Decision Making 
  2. Promote Success 
  3. Hydrate As The Humidity Is Plummeting 
  4. Arrange Travel Plans 
  5. Smile Like There Is No Tomorrow
  6. Gather Relevant Information 

I am leaving you here with four random time lapse clips of mine from various location around GJ. Thanx for watching this two minute video. 

Good Night Orion The Hunter And Winter Constellations,

Cheers 

49 comments:

  1. Dearest Travis,
    Wow, that was indeed a 'cheap' Snoop Dog performance...!
    Who would have thought that?
    You earn your money the hard way and so sad to hear from the elderly gent that fell.
    Falling seems to be a HUGE risk for all elderly, including me at my CKD stage 4.
    Let's hope we stay afloat and keep going.
    As for natural immune system, both of us are ALL for that. Eating healthy and chewing things down, not as smoothies, neither as those veggies & fruits supplements. We had a medical friend who once phrased it perfectly: 'They don't do much as producing a rather expensive PEE'...
    Love those dog faces with their big asking eyes!
    Wow, you drove 11–hour days out west. I'm contemplating on taking my Pieter to the midwest and doing about 8 hour–days.
    Was your 6th viewer on YouTube.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way Cheap Both Literally And Physically - Big Risk And It Concerns Me - You Are What You Eat Is A Mind Blowing Statement From Long Ago - Dogs Are So Cute - Wish I Lived Near By As I Would Happily Chauffeur You Two Around - Thanx For Always Watching My Videos - Big Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. ...man, you been one busy dude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Snoop Dogg continues his 'almighty' behaviour he might not remaing a celebrity for long!
    Great to read about all your activities!
    Best wishes to you for achieving your set goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snoop Is Bigger Than GJ - Thats For Sure - Thanx For Checking There Magic

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Ugh, that concert. Reminds me when I saw Chuck Berry. No, not when Chuck was in his prime, but when he was nearing his sell by date. But I loved his music. I went with a friend and was so excited. There was a stand up comic as the opening act. Poor guy. People kept shouting we want Chuck! We Want Chuck! The comic finishes and no Chuck. The comic comes out again. Chuck is late, etc. More time goes by. Chuck finally comes out on stage, but he's drugged or drunk or both. Forgets lyrics to songs. I was amazed he could still duck walk with his guitar, but it was sad, pathetic, and so disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Way - An Old Drunken Chuck - Classic

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Hello,
    You are very busy, it is sad news about Wiggly breaking his hip. I hope he is recovering well. Great health info for Jean, it is info we can all use to stay healthy. I am hoping to plan a road trip, but for now we can not go anywhere while we are still dog sitting the grand-dogs. Beautiful sky captures in your video. Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Crazy Busy While Keeping My Head Above Water - Enjoy That Dog Time And A Road Trip While Be In The Cards Soon Enough My Friend - Thanx For Watching The Time Lapse

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Time flies when you are a busy man. I like the opening sentence of this post: that you & dude rode your bikes down to the amphitheater, it reminds me of when I was younger. Not many people even like to walk these days never mind ride a bike. :) The space conversion is looking mighty fine, nice job there. Hope the man is doing ok with his repaired hip, that definitely was an unfortunate accident. I'm guessing that pup is waiting for something, maybe a treat. :) Wonderful post and photos, take care, keep smiling and onward you go, Padre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Flys There Mr Bill - Celebrate Your Youth - Its Been Quite The Learning Curve And I Hope Wiggly Returns To Form Soon - Will Keep You Posted - Thanx For Always Posting Such Positive Vibes Mr Bill - They Are Much Appreciated

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Aw dang on Snoop Dog! I do believe there should be a term limit on Stardom. Glad you are busy with work both the construction and the Ortho. So sorry for Wiggly, that really sucks. Hope he can return to baseline. Enjoy those rides!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It Was A Drag On Snoop But Pretty Cool For Free - Almost Too Busy - Hope He Rebounds For Sure

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Snoop Dogg sure is someone real. Yay for you on being there!!!! Cool! If he ever comes to Braunschweig...

    I am the old one they work with. Teamleader is but 37 and tries so hard to find out how old I really am, LOL.
    LOL... what does it matter, and I´m married anyways.

    Ripping out carpet I can sing a tough song about, too. Wee, some glue is meant to last forever :-(
    It was for my Mum´s place but cancer caught her first. The experience with my Brother helps. We had pizza after the darn carpet was gone!

    Cool place you created there.
    Mind you. I would love to work like that rather than with Excel & Co.
    You do something for real. I join a tram-project people wait for since Christmas. No end in sight.
    Just walk or bike, eh...

    Zinc!!! Yes. And Magnesium - just had a cramp last night, ow. Hahaha. Germany > avocados... dream away. But we have eggs.
    Sadly hubby hates them and beans are for me only too (health problems on his side).
    I agree - skip pills, eat healthy.

    Oh, you have a "Henry", too! Our sceleton sits on the shelf :-) He says hi.
    Yay for nice people on the job.

    Biking. Not anymore. All the aggressive, way to fast left, right passing by-passers on their stupid E-thingies, too lazy to work their legs... no, thank you.
    Glad you can enjoy!

    #2!
    #4... delayed.
    #5 - ALL IN!

    #6.. YES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snoop Dogg Off Te Bucket List - That Glue Is What Crossed Up Old Man Wiggly - Nasty Stuff And That Is Why I Laid Down The Cardboard As We Need To Remove All The Belongings From Those Two Offices - Pleased To See That You Are Happy With The Minerals And Skipping Out On Pills - You Saw The Henry - Our Trails Are Something Special As Aggression Is World Wide My Dear - Keep On Keeping On

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. I didn't realise Snoop Dogg had been around for so long.

    What are the wires for that you had to cut?

    People can be very silly when they immediately try to haul an old person to their feet after the person has fallen. You know better.

    The key lock looks the buttons are soft touch electric. Interesting.

    Australians rather admire Ms Adern across the water. Not just for her Covid behaviour but more so for her wonderful behaviour and actions after the Christchurch massacre.

    Always love your peace inducing cloud compositions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Remember The Church And You Are So Right - She Is A True Leader For The People - As For The Wires - We Removed A Desk Before Pulling The Carpet - The Desk Had Power And Phone Lines And Internet C5 Cables - All Those Wires In That Junction Box Connect The Three Walls, The Desk Via The Far Wall, And The Main Line - I Was Crawling Around In The Roof Tracing The Conduit Back To The Box - The Touch Key Is Beautiful And Works Like A Charm - Always Love Hearing From You Brother Drew - Be Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Das war bestimmt ein tolles Konzert, ich mag diesen Künstler. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erstaunliche Atmosphäre mit Freunden an einem schönen sonnigen Tag - sehr erfreut, von Ihnen zu hören - positive Schwingungen zu senden

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Wowo Padre para tanta accion, es necesario todas esas vitaminas, Snoop Doog es como los Dj solo llevan una cpu y llena el Tomorrowland por lo menos fue gratis para vos 😊.

    Muy bien que tenes trabajo,tiene que ser muy preciso con las medidas, me gusta ver el antes y el despues.Lamento mucho lo de Wuggly va a tener mucho tiempo eb recuperacion, cuando llegamos a ancianos hay que cuidarse de las caidas.Tus
    Me intriga lo que escribiste en la capsula del tiempo 😁.
    Andar en bicicleta me encanta pero cada vez hay menos espacios verdes para hacerlo, vivo en Buenos Aires y esta superpoblada.
    Tu perrito es adorable yo tambien tengo dos!!
    Ah tus cielos son muy lindos y al estar con nubes se nota el paso del tiempo.
    Me gustan tus metas tambien son mias en especial el sonrie 😀.
    Besos Padre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olá meu amigo e obrigado por fazer o check-in - Snoop de graça foi ideal - Gosto de trabalhar nesses projetos e estou muito satisfeito por você ter se interessado pelo meu estilo - A vida é uma aventura e temos tantas oportunidades - Enviando vibrações positivas do seu jeito - Continue sorrindo

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. I didn't know that Snoop Dog did DJ stuff. I could never really get DJ performances. Paying a lot of money for someone to play songs. I mean maybe some DJ are really good, but I would always prefer a live concert. If I'm paying, I'm paying for live music.

    I didn't know black chocolate was rich in Magnesium. I love it and I heard it is good for iron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You And Me Both As Who Knew Snoop Would Fly In, Grab The Cash, Fly Out, And Never Look Back - DJ Have Their Purpose But I Don't Seek Them Out By Any Means - Two Cheers For Organic Dark Chocolate - Be Well Ivana

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. I feel it for the Colorado river. Good for you attending Snoop Dog concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Water Situation Is At Scary Levels And Yet Folks Still Continue To Water Their Driveways And Sidewalks Because Brooms Clearly Don't Work - Glad I Was There To Witness The Snoop Dogg Impersonator

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. Glad you found time for cycling in your busy life. Hope Wiggly makes a good recovery.
    Cool video btw!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You And Me Both - Will Keep You Updated On Wiggly - His Spirits Run High As We Chat Over The Phone Pretty Frequently - Thanx So Much For Watching The Video

      Cheers

      Delete
  15. I want to do a cycling trip soon. It's just so fun and now is the perfect weather for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Highly Encourage That Behavior - No Matter The Weather Or Current Wind Situation - Free Your Mind And Your Bike Will Follow

      Cheers

      Delete
  16. Thanks for the tip-off Brother. Now I definitely will not be seeking out Snoop Dog, perhaps stick to Tony Bennet, a real singer. Hey, I have enough trouble with passwords and pins without having to memorise more. I'll stick to a key thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I Had The Pleasure Of Witnessing Lady G And Tony Do Their Thang Live - Would Have Been Dreamy - If It Is Just You, Stick With The Cold Hard Key - Rock On Brother Phil

      Cheers

      Delete
  17. Hi, beauitufl photos from the work in the studio. Lovely dogs. Nice you like cycling. Are you a orthopedic from work? You can also answer by mail. Have a nice week. Greetings Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanx - The Cubicles Are Coming Along Nicely - Happy Dogs Are Well Walked Dogs - Will Send A Long Winded Explanation - Be Well Caroline

      Cheers

      Delete
  18. Snoop Dog is having a moment right now but wow, what a lazy ass performance. Here, take my money...

    Vitamin D has been proven to help prevent severe Covid--please add that to your list of recommendations.

    Happy to share some of our rain to raise the mighty Colorado. We are very wet here in the Midwest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lazy, Brilliant Description - Totally Lazy - Yes, Vit D Is But I Shy Away As Everyone May Or May Not Associate Good Old D With Skin Cancer - So I Chose To Stick With Answering The Question Without Add Libbing My Way Through It - But You Are So Right Wendy - Please Think Rain, Our Current Situation Devastating

      Cheers

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Yesterday Was A Blast And Having A Rather Nice Day Today - Really Appreciate Your Vibes My Dear

      Cheers

      Delete
  20. Ohh you sure are quite a handyman!!Woo hoo!! :)))Love your dog!!Sorry I am late posting got so much to do in real life and I have also moved to a new apartment..That means alot to do too ;))Se you arround and nice post!Big hug to the dog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats On The New Living Arrangement There - Hopefully The Fresh Perspective Offers Exciting Opportunities - All The Best My Friend - Thanx For Checking In

      Cheers

      Delete
  21. It's amazing you know how to do everything you're really a handyman.
    The sky in the first photo is fantastic.
    Excellent goals.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dabbling In All Sorts Of Shenanigans - That Particular Morning Was Mesmerizing - Thanx For Checking In On Me Maria

      Cheers

      Delete
  22. The floor in your construction photos are beautiful. That was eating to read about nutrition and covid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You As I Take Pride In Craftsmanship Of My Work - Keep The Vitamins On The Forefront My Friend - Stay Strong

      Cheers

      Delete
  23. That's too bad that it was a bad Snoop experience. He came to our town the August before Covid hit and it was one of the most fun concerts my friends and I have ever been to. My husband got sick right before the show and missed it and hates that he missed out on the fun.

    You've been so busy, it seems. Your work on the center is really chugging along and looks fantastic!

    And hurrah for catching up with old friends!

    ReplyDelete