Sunday, June 23, 2019

Impression We Leave



Right after The Palisade Bluegrass & Roots Fest, out to the farming lands I drove. I was invited to work Load Out after the Country Jam Festival. I arrived knowing that a majority of the crew were on day number 15, 20, 25 days straight. So I came into it with a gut full of laughter and ready to deliver empowering affirmations. For A Solid Two Days, We Giggled Like School Girls At Summer Camp


What caught me a little off guard was how well I received. They all remembered me from my manger role but they were incredibly genuine with their inquires as to where I have been. I also began to take note of how a number of them stood before me so present while we shared stories. Definitely a different kind of Country Jam vibe. I Preferred It


RADIO SHOWS:
Thanx so much for continuing to support, enjoy, and stream my radio shows. Sure hope that its on your radar to stream the station once in awhile. There really is a variety of programing and pretty damn entertaining programers. KAFM Solar Powered Community Radio 

Good Morning 

Here ( https://www.radiofreeamerica.com/show/magic-carpet-ride-1-kafm-community-radio ) is the link from the June 20th Magic Carpet Ride featuring audio clips from The Brady Bunch. I covered The Blue Z's time slot and threw out a bunch of 1960's tunes, 1970's classic rock, & some very obscure remixed cover tunes. Solid two and half hour show and I felt like I was in a pretty good rhythm. Received A Lot Of Calls

What A Place To Rest My Head 
June 19th Straight No Chaser Jazz Show w/an assortment of stand up comedy by Jerry Seinfeld , Jim Gaphigan, & Jimmy Fallon. Its an all instrumental two and a half hour program and the comedy clips slithered in perfectly. This particular time slot has a larger following and I was thankful for No Complaints. Could have gone ether way by those faithful listeners. Both of these links are only good for two weeks, worth a listen.



Took these shots in Meeker Colorado because of the life inside these trees. Those evergreens were packed full of Turkey Vultures. I took a few photos upon arrival but wasn't all that impressed. Wouldn't have shared these but the next morning was shocking.


Look at them all!!! There is a Red Headed Turkey Vulture on every limb of that Engelmann Spruce Tree with the alpha sunning itself on top. Meeker just happened to be sitting at 34F/ 1C at sunrise that morning. Let The Games Begin


Cycling & The Gym:
Like hasn't been happening but the body feels great. My Strava numbers are nonexistent this month and I haven't been by the gym weeks. Until today, a majority of what IS on Strava are single track miles. Not necessarily long on miles but huge efforts for sure. 


Any big city folks understand highway congestion but we bear morning tractor traffic. And believe me, I do respect them farmers!! I would bet this farmer was working even before the sun came up today. Plus, I dig the agriculture, the seasons, Mother Nature, and lightning storms.


This Spring Season has produced some impressive displays of BoB Ross oil paintings as well. Our lightning out here crackles through the sky and then seeks the ground with vengeance. Some of these bolts dance off a discharge when making ground/cloud contact for seconds. Like, long enough that everyone has time to point it out. Not just a gasp but an F-Bomb might follow those dazzling strikes. Its Cool Sh*t For Sure


NOOOOOOOO:
And now for the bad news - Bummer!! A Real Bummer. Its a bummer for everyone. This section of the River Trail is well used by walkers, runners, bikers, commuters, skaters, moms with strollers, and bankside fishermen. Yikes


DISC GOLF:
For whatever reason, I let go of my driver late from every tee box. Whats up with that?!?!?! SO Sucks!! My putts were fine and my approach was par but I couldn't drive worth beans. But Hey, I was outside with the family. H & B brought both kids, dogs in tow, & the sounds from the Mighty Colorado River were bone crunching. So Much Debris Floating By


FIND YOUR PROJECT:
Some advice that I gave a client. Finding your project brings purpose and a true sense of accomplishment when finishing. Remember how much you grew when you had a project to work with?? Remember how you enjoyed your researching time?? Maybe you were with a family member. Or the excitement when it came time to share your project. Find Your Project 


Cheers 

25 comments:

  1. Hello the Padre! I love all these photos and stories you shared to all of us! I am pretty sure the people you have been with are happy to have you with the impression you made with them during your years. Those turkey vultures look a little scary but also marvelous. I have never seen a vulture yet aside from pictures. And please always take care during your rides especially on big roads.

    I also like to Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. I am thankful you passed by and left me a comment, I was able to discover your space in the networld! I'll be a frequent here :)

    Stevenson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stevenson,
      All The Birds Here In Colorado Are Worth Seeing.

      Travel On,
      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Fantastic photos, Padre. It's defintely a bummer to the walkers and cyclists who frequent the state park and now have to pay a fee. Not fair, I'd say.
    Enjoy your day and have a wonderful new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the good news is, that photo is just one little section. All Will Be Well.

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Love the exotic cactus flowers, so pretty 🌸 I did tune in for the opening of your show, jazzy fabulousness 💙 Sorry I've not been able to listen all the way through, things here a bit up and down with my young sister in hospital, she's having such a hard time. It is a shame there is now a fee for the state Park, there is here too, but the money is used to maintain the tracks and any other problems that occur, the park rangers do an excellent job. We have an annual membership which is the best way seeing as we're a hiking kind of family 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx For Streaming And Sending Vibes Over To Your Side

      Stay Strong
      Cheers

      Delete
  4. It is amazing to find out you have a positive impact on people. My impression is you share and give joy, keep on being you! Sucks about the River Trail... Keep on smiling! Jax says HI!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sneak A Few Just Because Treats For Jax. Hide 'um Good From Uncle T

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Great photos of beautiful places.
    Is your "good morning" from a thermal pool? Here we have ancient roman thermal baths and I often go there to relax body and spirit.
    As an over 60 I love the 1970's classic rock: it is an important part of my youth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colorado Hots A Number Of Amazing Hot Springs. This Particular Pool Claims High Levels Of Iron, Copper, Manganese, Potassium, Magnesium, & Selenium. I Will Definitely Remind You When I Am Hosting Another 1970's B-Side Classic Rock Show.

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. great shots...wonderful....
    Not fair for walkers and cyclists to pay a fee.......

    # Have a wonderful summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanx And Thanx For Taking The Time

      Much Appreciated,
      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Love "find your project". There is nothing like that focus to help us learn new things deeply.

    It sounds like you've had quite a month! Such a variety of things that you've enjoyed so much... so don't sweat the work out numbers. They'll come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant Reminder. My Miles Would Rise If I Owned Three Happy Dogs.

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Thanks for your kind words on my blog today--- Trains are fun to capture. I will be visiting here again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous Bill - I Happen To Have A Love For Trains As Well - Talk With Ya Soon

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. I'm listening now. I grew up on early FM radio when DJs would jump from jazz to blues to rock to whatever. I love variety!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Parts & Pics, You Have No Idea How Happy Your Comment Made Me Fell. Have A Fantastic Weekend And Will Send You A Reminder Regarding My Next Show.

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. I wonder what it was about that tree that attracted so many birds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. An d They Are Still Blooming, Two Full Months Now

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many Thanx Nora!! This Blog Is Where I Archive Photos, Thoughts, & Tribulations. Go Team Human

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete