Sunday, April 1, 2018

March Numbers And Photos

Cycling Numbers Were Still Solid BUT Running Miles Took A Digger This Past Month. However, lifting at the gym has produced some real results finally. Couldn't be happier with that outcome!!


Strava recorded 37 activities, 286 miles on the bike, ONE personal record, and only 49.1 miles on the feet. As for a reference here, March 2107 logged 20 hours, 158 miles on the bike, and No Running Miles.


A Mile A Day & 100 Push Ups totaled up 9,000 push ups on day 090 and that includes the double up 200 push ups in Vegas when I spaced the first day after traveling. I am pleased with my awareness of form and how quickly I am able to recognize my body alinement and adjust accordingly. Proprioception My Friends!!



Now the good news from the gym and bragging rights really. Sometime back in the early 90's I tore my corocord brachialis muscle and bench pressing is beyond uncomfortable. That means I have only lifted dumbbells for the past year and decided to try the bench press this week.

I laid down on the bench after completing my chest routine and felt pretty comfortably with just the bar. The 20 reps twice went rather well so I put 25 pound plates on the bar and easily performed a pain-free 12 rep set. Replaced the 25's with 35's and another 10 reps with ease. Shocked

The testosterone took over and I threw on the 45 plates. Told myself that I would ONLY try one rep and see where that lands me. Eight solid reps later, no spotter, I called that GREAT!! Then my endorphins got the best of me and I added 10's to the 45's and psyched myself up for one rep.

Just after laying down and finding my grip, thankfully came to my senses, " What the hell am I thinking?!?!?!?!" I quickly asked myself. I immediately took ALL the weight off the bar and cooled down with two sets of 20 with JUST the bar. Happily stayed PAIN-Free, Injury-Free, & hit the pool with the biggest smile ever.



RADIO SHOW: I am hosting ' Enjoy The Ride ' this Monday April the 2nd at 1pm Mountain Time Zone. My idea is Classic B-Side Rock and Classic Animated Movie Soundtracks during the 3 hour block. I will turn on the Web Cam when I arrive at the station.

I will be recapping Vegas Odd Sheets from Baseball, Hockey Pro/College, NCAA Final Four, World Cup 2018, The FUNd Drive, Weather, And My Usual Observations From Around The Valley. Totally looking forward to the show


Above is the Map of what I am thinking about this Sept or Oct. Started my research a few weeks ago after day dreaming about for awhile now. Crossed paths with a guy that has ridden this BOTH ways and nonchalantly painted a simple picture. That guy is a stud and I am so not in his caliber. I failed to mention to him that I enjoy pushing my bike. HA

And I was blown away by how many hits this blog recorded!! Seriously!! I am still reeling that 60 folks landed on the Vegas March Madness entry. The Wordless Wednesday went down in flames, end of the month numbers sees traffic, but Vegas takes the cake. Pretty Damn Cool


GOALS:
1) Love On The Boy Dog
2) Revisit My Exercise Log Card At The Gym & Update
3) Land Two New Clients This Month
4) Focus On Legs In April
5) Love On THAT Boy Dog



Have A Wonderful April & Be Amazing Out There!!
Cheers

5 comments:

  1. Hike a bike, pups, and no injuries! A well rounded month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news that your fitness regime is back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Ever So Much!!! Looking forward to catching up with you and hearing about your recent travels.

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Haha! Love the Boy Dog.. I'm glad to see you have your priorities right Padre 😀 Relieved to see you came to your senses before you did any damage re the weight lifting.. don't we all get those superhuman urges now and then 😀😀

    ReplyDelete