Friday, September 9, 2016

I Am In - Bryce 50K - June 2017

Pulled The Plug And Signed Up.


My First 50K will be in the beautiful and breath taking ( REALLY Breath Taking Course ) Bryce Utah. I have wanted to embark on this journey for a few years now and almost went for it last year but NO.

And Now, its really on the calendar!!! Any Advice Will Be Much Appreciated?!?!?!

Now The Pressure, Now The Focus, Now The Quick Freak Out, Now The Shoes Go On, & The Boy Dog Is READY!!!!






Before

After






Another project in the books. Shadow Boy loved laying under the picnic table. He would dig a cooler spot and watch me mow the lawn. He would dig a little while I had a bike on the bike stand. Any back yard activities involved The Boy Dog observing from under the safety of the picnic table.

Pretty soon the table began to sink into his hole. A very long Long LONG story short, the house came under inspection. My plan was to buy about a half of yard of Colorado River Rock and do a simple fill-in.

While the Boy Dog and I walked around the Rock Shop yard, we stumbled upon a discounted pallet of Bear Gunny Flagstone. Shadow Boy is a Karelian Bear Dog so I made in even cheaper offer on the already discounted pallet.

So I purchased a quater yard of 1/4 inch Road Base and 220 pounds of Bear Gunny Flagstone for a grand total of $53.68

With the Boy Dogs close supervision, a hole became a small patio. Grandpa Smokey, Shadow Boy & I already had a BBQ planned for Saturday and now I have an announcement to make as well. I will be competing and FINISHING a 50K June of 2017!!!

Please, Offer Advice!! Give Suggestions!! What Works For You?? What To Avoid?? Pre-Race Meals!! Gels That Work For You!! Anything Homemade Rocks!!

Thanx 4 Your Time,
Cheers

5 comments:

  1. That's a very nice spot you've created there for 53.68 dollars Padre, a bargain 😊 I have no advice for you regarding your long walk I'm afraid, but I can wish you all the best, I'm sure you will enjoy it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very nice spot you've created there for 53.68 dollars Padre, a bargain 😊 I have no advice for you regarding your long walk I'm afraid, but I can wish you all the best, I'm sure you will enjoy it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I responded to you on my blog. Sorry, should have pasted my advice here. that 50k looks AMAZING! I had to google it! :)

    ReplyDelete