Thursday, April 7, 2016

Happy Thursday Folks

Training: Legs feel fantastic!! Shadow Boy and I have been cruising along the past few evenings. I began this new focus on really feeling my toes spread out during impact, then my ankles, and then how my arch absorbs and rebounds during my controlled strides. I have a much quicker turn over when I am pay attention to this. Maybe even a little more getty up in my step.

The gym workouts have been awesome. I have peppered in some one rep heavy sets during my chest and back exercises. I totally surprised myself on Tuesday by setting the Lat Pull Down at 150 pounds and pulled that sucker down with power. Yes, I shook and looked weak but I did it!!

The socializing has really picked up. I am NO fan of the piped in music so I have my earbuds in and constantly pull one ear free to hear the chit chat coming my way. Not sure if its just Spring in the air or what but I do a hell of a lot of listening. And Thats Cool.

Some would say that I picked the wrong day to ride the Midnight Racer but I think it is what it is. GJ saw 56 mph winds, Meeker recorded 72 mph winds, and Monarch Pass lit it up at 91 mph gust!!! I was very fortunate to be heading east and then back west as the wind came from the north. Side winds are totally fun but head winds and sand in the eyes sucks. Again, rode with power, focused on full range of motion with each pedal stroke, used my quads, pulled with the hammies, and anticipated for gust by noticing my surroundings and or position on the road. The odd factor from that ride was I drank very little. Didn't mean it but kinda blew my hydration. No Cramps but didn't wiz for almost 3 hours after the ride. oooooooops

Clients: I am over the moon with my Ortho-Bionomy practice!! I have two new clients tonight, one new client on Saturday, one new client next Saturday, and two new clients from last Tuesday. I built a new Ortho page on CrackBook and its finally paying off.

My machine client that has been dominating the old geezer categories is in the lottery for the Run Rabbit Run 100 miler. Hope he gets in!! We had a really good session and I am finding myself tracking much clearer these days. Athletes benefit much quicker for sure.

I received one of the best compliments from a performer in the dance theater group. I originally put out the word about releases in the ankles, feet, and lower legs. One of the gals took me up on it and they really didn't get the whole Ortho thing during our session. They didn't come right out and say it but I can tell as I am a pretty good body language reader. Ortho is VERY gentle and I often see that reaction. So yesterday they call to say they couldn't believe how GREAT they feel. They explained how their right leg/feet felt very stiff before going to bed after the session. Thats the second step of noticing. The next morning ALL the pain was gone, ankles didn't pop when getting up, and their ROM was super fluid and relaxed. Best Phone Call Ever!!!

Avery: Avery has changed so much in just a few short days. His little face is developing and his baby blue eyes are tracking towards the outdoors. He wieghed in at 8 pounds 4 oz during his latest Doc Appt. I only saw him twice this week and hope to spend some more time with him this weekend. Both of my visited allowed me to read to him while his mom nursed. Avery is breastfeeding much better and learning something new everyday. Photos to come.

And Heres To 27 Scoreless Innings To Start Off The 2016 Season. I Can Always Count On My Padres To Set New MLB Records!!

No comments:

Post a Comment