Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Busted Thumb

Sunset From My Office
I finally had my first glimpse of what all this working out has done for me. On Super Bowl Sunday, about 40 of us or so, went to a spin vision class. We have a local pro mountain biker that has done a bunch of filming on our local trails and then he edited them with a kick A$$ heads up display in the upper corner that gives you WHATS NEXT. This feature so helps me because I can emotional prepare for a climb or burst. The instructors are just fine but its hard to really push when they just scream out 90% sprint now. As were the heads up allows me to add the gears early and then blast away on time.

 So I just happened to look over my shoulder at one point and caught the legs of this guy in a yellow shirt. I looked again because his gastroc heads and soleus were really defined. WAIT A SECOND. That guy in the yellow shirt IS me??? I couldn't believe it. Of course I had to check myself out in that mirror because I couldn't believe the added mass in my arms, my legs, and my lats of all things.
I began flirting with weights after my Lead King 25 race but didn't start tracking my workouts until January 2015. The rest of the time in class I was super motivated and added even more gears or heavy sprints and watched that Watt Meter hit 477 while seated and held it for the full 60 seconds. i.e. No Half A$$ing It. So Thats The Good News

The Even Better News: My local gym in Downtown GJ,CO is promoting me and my Ortho-Bionomy journey by hosting a similar and they are doing ALL the advertising for me. Huge savings and a whole new clientele pool to expose Ortho to. Believe me, I Am So Grateful For This Opportunity!!!

And The Bummer News: 9 days ago, while shoveling snow, somehow my thumb got in the way. I was using a metal shovel and hit a crack in the sidewalk. The shovel stopped cold and the momentum of my body put ALL of that load on my right thumb and bent that son of a witch with a capital B backwards towards my wrist.
The photos of my thumb are from 8 days afterwards!! Still favoring that sucker and just last night was the first time I put my phone back in my right pocket. Meaning, I couldn't pinch my thumb and 1st finger to pull out my phone. Or zip up my pants. Or brush my teeth. The things we just take or granted when all 10 digits perform their normal functions in day to day life.

Last but not least......... A Huge Congrats To The Donkies True Fans.... All week leading up to the Super Bowl I would over hear these guys at the gym or store or clients state the fact that Carolina doesn't have a chance AND I AM SO THANKFUL I KEPT MY DAMN MOUTH SHUT!!! I totally expected a Sh'thouse of a Super Bowl and Cam would be responsible for at least 30 points by himself. Boy Was I Blown Away!! And its amazing how its 50-50 from the responses that ether you HATED the game and halftime or IT WAS THE BEST GAME EVER. Really, so many folks just flat out hated that game and thought the halftime show was horrible.
Me.... I enjoyed the whole game. Every time the Panthers offense came back on the field I would say things like the Denver D is tired now and watch out. Not So!! I cracked up during a majority of the commercials!! I cranked the Bose during Halftime. I enjoy watching massive men around 250lbs at full speed blast each other and grind the whole way towards the QB. Crazy Fast, Extremely Powerful, & Incredibly Explosive Boys!! I enjoyed all the shots of different celebrities, Hall of Famers,  & the shots from around SF. I eat that stuff up.

Any Mac Fans Out There?????????? I can't stand this, like, when I open iTunes ( not internet ) the beach ball spins. If a song is playing and I click the next song.... That damn beach ball spins for at least 3 seconds before that next song plays. Drives me bat Sh't Crazy. Anyone????? Any Advice Is Appreciated Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment