Friday, August 30, 2024

Unreal

This is absolutely a senseless tragedy!!! Another regular old evening with young brothers cycling along ends by the hands of a Phuc-N drunk. Johnny Guadreau 31 years old and his brother 29 were run over and killed by a driver under the influence of booze. WHY 


According to police reports , a dipsh*t drunk hit Johnny and Mathew while attempting to pass another vehicle ON THE RIGHT that had moved over in order to make room for the Gaudreaus brothers. Now think about that. A citizen and law biding driver graciously gave the cyclist room by moving over to observe the 3 foot law and a privileged drunk driver took the opportunity to pass on the right. What if that was your daughter walking home? What if that was you walking your dog? What if that was your family members simply riding along and giggling the way families do? 


Many moons ago , I believe I was around 17 or 18 years old , had a friendly dispute over who is the better athlete. We were working as Valets at a golf and tennis resort and had plenty of free time on our hands. My buddy was advocating that Hockey Players are the best, strongest, and physically fit professionals. Of course I was all in on Water Polo Players , Triathletes, and NFL Running Backs. Remember , I was a young knucklehead and Earl Campbell and Walter Payton are my heroes. It wasn't until I was in my 30's when I began to agree with this cat. A little late but I do believe that it is true. Hockey Players are flipping studs. They sprint , they hit , and they finesse their passes through eager defensive players that just might literally want to kill ya. All in the name of sport. 


And with one drunk driver , two legends are dead. Completely Senseless 

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Travis,
    What a very sad and needless death for brothers Johnny and Mathew Guadreau!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lost too many people in my life to drunk drivers. I have no tolerance for drinking and driving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I heard about this incident. Appalling. Didn't realize the driver was trying to pass on the right, though -- what an idiot.

    ReplyDelete