Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Demo Night

Early Sunday Morning It Was A Big Ganja Smuggling    Ina De Mud Me A Pick Kali Bud An Me A Load Dem Down In Off The Tub    One By One    Load Up Di Van    All Of A Ganja It Ram    Put It On A Plain    The Weed Gaan'a Spain    Money Jus Pour Like Rain    Me Jus A Mogel Up The Lane In A Gold Rope Chain    Me An Me Girl Name Jane 


Eek-A-Mouse

Wa Do Dem 1981

ART CENTER:


Pretty stoked because of First Friday Art Hop and the Art Center was hosting their annual Demo Night. We were discussing during the bike ride over all the highs and lows and the past weeks events and mishaps and then it suddenly occurred to me that I have not stepped foot inside the Art Center since 2018. 


So thankful that we rolled in because the artist these days are brilliant. Everyone makes their craft appear as if any Ol' Joe could pull this off. Far From The Case 


The Water Color Society effortless washed a full spectrum of colors across their canvas in mer seconds, wheel throwing clay potters presented unchallenging thrown vases, and a stain glass lady fabricated a rainbow trout snapping down on a line while jumping from those cold water streams that showcased realism and excitement. Again, all while projecting the simplicity of their craft. 



Personally, for me anyway, catching up with the legend Mr Terry was a hoot for sure. He reminded me of a time around 2002 with ( Rest In Peace ) Mr Dave Davis and we laughed until our eyes were watering. Mr Terry is one of those down to earth guys that I could chat with all night long. 




He was clearly working over his RAKU Pots for demo night and always gathers a crowd around. And Yes, Mr Terry is one of those artist that makes one believe you could whip out a piece like his in a few seconds. Just Try 

DOGS:


The three dog world took a hit this past week. Their old gal dog that is not pictured finally met the orange needle of death. 


The humans knew that Thursday would be the day as they were traveling on Friday. So it was the two dogs , me , and a few very happy chicks for the weekend. So That's Cool 


These two never acted as if they missed their older gal. And all meals were consumed with enthusiasm. I hid treats under their dog beds as I came and went throughout the weekend. Animals really understand how to adapt to their current situations, changes, and challenges. Unlike Humans 


We made the best of the moment as Mother Nature shined down extremely warm temptress for the occasion. As you are all well aware, the temp reads 63F / 17C but that dang Mr Sun feels like 93F / 33C these days. Think Snow 



The photos above and below captures the true personality that their humans received while away. Always a big fan of the front paws crossed look and who doesn't care for a bug eyed behind the ear scratch??? During this particular evening , I subjected myself to a well done flick directed by Guy Richie. 

GJ STYLE:

While keeping GJ Lame, the Holiday Veterans Parade took place the other day, obviously. 


I do dig trains and happened to snap this photo while riding to the office. Little did I know, That Stupid A$$ Witch with a capital B Lauren BOEBUTT rode this train through the parade. If I had prior knowledge , would have water ballooned the Sh*T out of her. Suck It Lauren 


This photo above showcased two middle school teenagers dressed in tractional WW II uniforms. It was just an ok photo until I pulled all of the saturation out. The photo below incapsulates my youth as those Willy vehicles were rather common in our sleepy little mountain town. 


The photo below was 100% contrast worthy. Here is an older pristine late 50's or early 60's chevy , this ridiculously massive chevy suburban in blue dressed in flags, and then this red neck yahoo driving his SPAVE FORCE Avalanche behind the Corvette. GJ's Finest 

LMS:


Our Last Man Standing League celebrated with a pot luck on Sunday and offered a chance to meet fellow NFL Dreamers. For those of you that are not hip to the skip, LMS is a league were you pick one team for the win each week. The CATCH??? Once you pick any team for that week, that team is off the board for the reason of the season. Hints; so nobody camps out on the Philadelphia Eagles all season long. Once you pick the Eagles, ineligible for the reason of the season. Right 


The original concept was one loss and you're out with the last man standing declared as the winner. However, over half the league was out by week #2 our first year. We have evolved into a three loss league these days. So much food for the potluck , catching up with folks was a pleasure for sure , and the late night light them up games ensued with the old sun setting around 5pm these days. 


This years league was a record breaking 26 NFL hopefuls and by week #10, less than half are still alive with only two owners still undefeated. Myself, I have two loses as my first digger was believing that Tampa Bay totally sucks this year but not back on week #1. Buffalo killed me for my second loss. Now, just picking for the fun of picking. Yes, That IS Loser Talk  

RANDOM:


The snow capped San Juan Mountains way off in the distance here during one magical sunrise. These orange , pink , and purples continued at great lengthen and was the talk of the morning by many. Did I time lapse the event, NOPE. Another Missed Opportunity 


I love this photo above as my subscription rate is up 150%. Yes, one new subscriber and I am up 150%. The odd update that YouTube sent me was the fact that 68% of the views of my videos are NOT subscribers. Only 32% of the subscribers actually watch my time lapse videos. So I got that going for me and thankfully I haven't been promoting videos lately. Cracks Me Up 


The first two weeks on November were beyond unseasonably warm and I was able to carve out some unscrupulous time for a few bike rides. Deer are still trotting along the River Trail near me , dried crunchy leaves still crumble under my bicycle wheels , and the blanket of Autumn colors still paint the horizon these days. So Beautiful 


Loads of house sitting and dog sitting gigs are lined up until the 2nd week of January. The one that knocked me off my feet was a recent Monday - Thursday dog sitting job and the owners were so over the moon with me for cleaning their windows they dropped a chunk of change in my lap. Actually, they handed me an envelope that I threw in my pannier. Late that night, when I counted the dough, I immediately called them because I felt as if two Benji's might have stuck together and they didn't mean to pay me that much. 


Have backed way off with my week day drinking for some reason. I know that a lot of my gradual decrease has to do with the price increase over a Fishers Liquor Barn. Don't get me wrong, I have cravings during the work week but have managed passing up the opportunity for "just one" cold brew while preparing dinner or other random household chore. Plus, having a pretty good feeling that my effervescent personality during Turkey Week will damage the old liver and pocketbook. Daytime Drinking While Wearing Knee High Boots 

GOALS:

  1. Do Right By Others 
  2. Respect Others Views 
  3. Interesting Songs To Share 
  4. Noble Minded 
  5. Kindness Towards All 


Thanx A Million For Checking In And Continue To Lead With Your Heart,

Cheers 


23 comments:

  1. ...the pottery and the Vette are right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Travis,
    Those dogs show their true heart and feelings!
    Always great to observe some people perform ancient crafts and making it look so 'easy'.
    Riding the bike this time of year along the Colorado River must be fun.
    We also see lots of deer alongside the Interstate... guess they got scared from the hunting season and thus ran into cars. SAD.
    Grateful for having pulled off our celebration and now kind of relaxing and recovering from a nasty pneumonia shot (yesterday) which hurt my arm so badly.
    Did post about our special day...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What A Milestone For The Both Of You - OxoxoxO - Hopefully Those Jabs Will Protect You This Winter - Stay Strong My Dear

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    Such a great variety, I love the pottery, the pretty sky captures, the pot luck items look yummy. The chickens and dogs are favorites, it is always sad to see one go. I am sure the furbaby is missed. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleases Me Knowing That You Saw The Dogs And Chicks - Always Enjoy Hearing From You - Wish I Could Drop Comments On Your Blog - Big Hugs Shadow People

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. A lot to take in and enjoy with this post. I especially liked the parade, the dog sitting and the pot luck. It’s a wonderful life is more than a movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And So Much Happening This Time Of Year - Way More Than A Movie For Sure - You Rock

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. I would enjoy watching someone making pottery, they make it look easy. Those dogs have a great life and they give you so much pleasure. I had a friend who had a Willy and we used to ride around the countryside of Vermont back in the days. Thanks so much for sharing your happenings with us, take care and have a great week. Hard time believing it is November and it's already half over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Mr Bill, You Are So Dialed In - They Make It Look Way A$$ Easy - Those Willy Stories Never End And So Stoked You Saw The Photo - Oh Those Wonderful Memories - The Whole Calendar Year Has Flown By For Sure

      Stay Rowdy ,
      Cheers

      Delete
  6. 33C would be great. We hardly had this in "summer" this year...
    The dog´s face cracks me up!!! You must be a great scratcher.
    Love the cars. Loser or not, looks like fun.
    You´re some honest person. I like that.
    Good goals again - Cheers to that (with hot tea from my side...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such An Expressive Face - Hopefully You Guys Are Warm And Cosy These Days

      Be Well ,
      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Love those vintage US cars. We see very few now in the UK, not sure why. Please send me a green Willy asap. I am adopting your DRINK meme. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I Could Post The Old Carburetor Smells - Drink Often I Say And If I Need To Taste It To See if There Is Enough Alcohol, Just Add Some More Please

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Love the dogs.
    The vintage cars are very interesting.
    Have a nice week end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx For Checking In And Glad To See That You Are Back On Your Game - No More Sickness Brother BLK

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. That's too bad the doggies lost their companion, but they seemed pleased to have you fill the void. It really is amazing how they can adapt and move on so quickly.
    We just got back from Colorado. I didn't see any vintage cars, but saw a lot of Elk in Estes Park, so that counts for something, right? LOL
    Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wildlife In Estes , Outstanding - Totally Counts !!!

      Big Hugs ,
      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Fascinating to see Mr. Terry make his RAKU pots. On first glance I thought he was a glass blower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He Is A True Master Of His Craft - I Can See The Glass Blowing Aspect As Well - Stoked About Your Recent Travels Brother Parts

      Be Well ,
      Cheers

      Delete
  11. The skills of glass blowers are disappearing fast. So are other crafts that the young kids don't want to learn cos it's too hard and uncool. They'd sooner be grifters and pop stars. Go easy on that cupboard of booze and if you struggling to go for it send me some.

    ReplyDelete