Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Super Blue Moon

This Hotel Bar Is Full Of People     The Piano Man Is Really Laying It Down    The Old Bartender Is High As A Steeple    So Why Tonight Should I Wear A Frown     The Joint Is Jumping All Around Me    And My Mood Is Really Not In Style    Right Now The Blues Flock To Surround Me    But I'll Break Out After While     Yes I'm A Million Miles Away      I'm Sailing Like Driftwood    On A Windy Bay 


Roy Gallager 
Tattoo 1973


This Summer has totally Kicked My A$$. I have about half of a July blog in the queue. But a few days before I planned an upload, that Nasty Phuc N Grim Reaper made its presents known.  Pee Wee Herman passing away so rocked my world.  


We are all aware of celebrities passing in threes but there were about a dozen deaths that side swiped my cheek bone. A number of friends , significant , consequential , & impactful folks shuffled off this mortal coil over the Summer. And I just wasn't properly prepared for the news coming down the pipe. 


Plus, August has been difficult in general as I miss that damn Boy Dog so much. Still riding the first day of the month in his honor. 


Still stepping with my best foot forward 

BIKE NIGHT THEME: 

Thrift Store, so I whipped these out for everyone. 



I have so much to be thankful for. Like community members, creative outlets, health, and meaning full interactions. 



All the Summer jobs were top shelf. Packed up with some highly entertaining cats, totally digging the house sitting jobs, and all while prioritizing my time for two and three day getaways. 


Meeting new faces with every ride and I am so proud of my $1.99 shirt. Couldn't believe my luck as this shirt carries the old pearl style buttons. The Dude broke out Bill & Jan's jewelry for the occasion. Bring On Bike Night Baby 

EXPLORING 101:




Hellz Yez



CYCLING:


Yup, still on a bike everyday. I mean, like why not?? 




And I Finally Accomplished The Feat Of Circling Mother Earth w/ 40,550 KMs 

SPEAKING OF Mother Earth:


The desert sends off mega charges and our grand valley topped out at 82 strikes a minutes. 



That's Right, 82 Strikes A Minute. Wanna waste some time , check out this sweet lightning ( HERE ) map website I camp out on during appropriate time frames. Be careful, highly addictive website. 



And over the moon about the hurricane drifting into Florida on a Blue Moon , high tide patterns, and unreal warm gulf waters. What a beautiful recipe we have here my friends. 

MORE TO SHARE:

I happily hang an 8 out of 10 blooming flowers on the Summer of 2023. And thrilled about the Blue Moon Tomorrow Night on this 30th day of August. Just in case you didn't catch that. Its been a fine year this year has been. 

GOALS:

  1. Hanging With The Group For Cycling Sept
  2. Updating Regularly Again
  3. Working The Time Lapse Angle
  4. Playing Well With Others
  5. Rocking Friday Night Bike Night As All The September Themes Are In My Wheelhouse 


In Closing, I truly thank you all once again. So many of you kind bloggers still pop in and drop wonderfully delightful messages. I appreciate all of them and ALL of YOU. 


You Make My Heart Smile,

Cheers 

30 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing your exploring photos, beautiful landscapes and a pretty rainbow. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right On - Just Knew You Would Love The Dog Eye Photo As Well - What A Rainbow For Sure

      Big Hugs Shadow People,
      Cheers

      Delete
  2. The price tags are hilarious. Looks like the ride was lots of fun. So sorry about the loss of family/friends. May their memories be a blessing. Beautiful photographs of the landscapes. My favorite is the closeup of the yellow flowers. I watch a real time lightning strike site whenever we have a thunderstorm. Got to see, feel, hear, and see on the map a lightning strike that was very close to my house! Be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And You Should Have Seen Their Faces As I Was Handing Them Out And Saying," This Tuesday Is 85% Off Pink Tags."

      Our Mountain Flowers Were Beyond Impressive This Year - Always Amazes Me By How Many Able Bodied Folks Never Hike Or Explore Their Surroundings - But They Know Where Wally Worlds Are Located - Love The Lightning Map!!! Love The Booms As Well

      Big Hugs CJ,
      Cheers

      Delete
  3. This summer has had some sad times here as well! Reminders to enjoy every minute, which includes time in nature, family and friends for sure.

    The blooms in the mountains are beautiful!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Sad With A Belly Punch - These Summer Colors Have Been Absolutely Remarkable

      Be Well,
      Cheers

      Delete
  4. The summer has sped by so fast. Keep exploring and having fun times to celebrate life. It seems to be in the fast lane and every moment is special. The photos arre absolutely beautiful, thanks for sharing. Take care and be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Bill, This Calendar Years Has Flown On By - Love Your Company & A Very Wonderful September To You As Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Beautiful places to explore. Long time that I don't spend some days on the mountains.
    Great photos of the lightnings.
    Sorry about the loss.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brother BLK, Like Around Every Corner There Is Beauty - Pleased You Are Checking Out Those Lightning Strikes - All The Best This September

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Nadie está preparado, para la muerte de personas de gran estima. La vida, al igual que las estaciones pasa muy rápida y tiene su principio y también su final.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sempre aprecio suas perspectivas, meu amigo - Estarei passando por aqui em breve - Tudo de bom neste setembro

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Despite the sombre introduction to the post the rest of the post delighted with beautiful photos! Take care! Cycle well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tends To Happen With Age There Magic - Thanx For The Cycling Vibes - You So Rock

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. So the summer has kicked your A$$, but mostly in a good way, I guess? Loving those wildflowers and the thrift store duds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In A Damn Good Way With A Swift Boot In The A$$ By Reality - The Thrift Store Get UP Was A Crowd Pleaser For Sure - A Number Of Photos Have Come To Light - Yahooo00000

      Be Well Brother,
      Cheers

      Delete
  9. Dear Travis,

    as blogger still won´t let me comment (it adds more and more blogs, too)... here goes:

    I am sorry you are down so bad...
    I was wondering you are so quiet.
    Good you see the sunny side as well! Wonderful exploring pics.
    I did cycle last week, too. I hate it in the city.
    If nobody and nothing gets hurt I love strikes (see them here near to never).
    Here you can´t see the blue moon - too much light pollution - if you catch pics, please share.
    To good times
    OxoxoxO - Iris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Road A Bike Recently ?? Do Tell - Mr Moon Was Flipping Gorgeous Last Night - Such Good Times

      Big Hugs
      Cheers

      Delete
  10. I wondered where you had gone - absent, so happy to see you back again after a trying time with people popping of the perch.
    Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still Alive And Kicking - Will Check In On You As Well - These Photo Phones Are Amazing

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. The mountain photos are so pretty
    Good shots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy September And So Good To Hear From You - Thanx For Checking In

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. Wow that rainbow photo is amazing. And so are all the wildflowers. I've never been able to capture lightning in a photo. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can You Believe That Rainbow - All That Blue Sky And Here Is A Beautiful Rainbow - So Fortunate - That Was Such A Peaceful Moment In Time While Capturing Those Wildflowers - And I Just Love A Solid Desert Summer Monsoon Storm

      Big Hugs E
      Cheers

      Delete
  13. I'm glad to see you are still chugging along! I was sad about PeeWee as well--my boys grew up watching PeeWee's Big Adventure on repeat. That, along with the original Batman movie, cemented them both with a really funny sense of humor. The death that hit me hardest was the passing of Jimmy Buffett last weekend. His music--not the Parrothead stuff, but the older, thoughtful stuff--was the soundtrack of my 20s. I'm reading A1A--and it's all about Key West back in the 60s and 70s and all the prolific writers (and partiers) who lived there. The 70s were the best, weren't they?

    Keep on pedaling... and posting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Totally Agree Little W - Jimmy Was A Shocker And So Was Sinead O Conner - So Many Of Those 70's Rockers Are Going Down And I Just Read Gary Wright Shuffled Off - The 70's Was Very Influential - Will Keep Posting Randomly

      Yahooo000

      Delete
  14. Funny how the passing of some celebrities hits you harder than others. Tom Petty knocked the wind right out of me. Beautiful photos of the lightning. They can be tricky to capture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom Also Rocked My World - Of Course BoB Barker Was Bummer - Thanx For Popping In And Stoked You Saw The Lightning Shots - Rock On Brother Parts

      Cheers

      Delete