Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Solstice Is Lurking There Loki

I Found Her Diary Underneath A Tree     And Started Reading About Me    The Words She'd Written Took Me By Surprise    You'd Never Ream Them In Her Eyes    They Said That She Had Found The Love She'd Waited For     When She Confronted With The Writing There    Simply Pretended Not To Care    I Passed It Off As Just In Keeping With Her Total Disconcerting Air 

Bread

Baby I Want You 1972

MAY:

I was fortunate enough to have a whole two days off in May. That's right, two damn days off. And I am pretty sure that I finished chores over the course of those two days because I simply never left the valley in May. 

Days are clicking off so flipping fast and the first week of June is HISTORY. At a blurry pace would be the under statement of the year !! And of course I was sharing a story from the other day and The Dude pipes in with , " Man, that was three weeks ago." 


Yes , I will keep this post was short and full of enriched story telling photographs. 

Yes, cycling still 

Yes, hiking 

Yes, bodywork in the office


Yes, house and dog sitting weekly


Yes, Friday Night Bike Nights Soothes The Soul 



Yes, the theme above was origami and the photo below theme was bubbles and I fabricated a toga out of bubble wrap 


Yes, was in attendance for Michael Franti 


Yes, throwing plastic extremely well these days



Yes, sat in during a City Hall Council Meeting 



Yes, the desert is blooming and hauntingly gorgeous 











Yes, this pace finally caught up with me. So I boogied June 5th 

Yes, the sleepy little town of Marble Colorado summons my name. So I Answered


Yes, I love the long exposure feature


Yes, evergreen trees in the Spring turns me on  

Yes, the new growth was rejuvenating 

Yes, I am playing in front of fellow humans !!  I met a talented singer song writer back in March of this year. We hit it off exceptionally well and finally hit the open mic scene here in the valley. We are playing Nate's original tunes and throughly enjoying ourselves immensely. I happily camp out on whole notes mostly and Nate fills the venue with his booming man voice. Our first time on stage blew my mind as I had never heard Nate on a mic because we practice acoustically in a barn. 

Anyway, I am really enjoying myself and bending my mind daily. Nate appreciates me because I am dependable and I speak with the least amount of friction. Our collaborations are a hoot and he giggles at my obscure ideas rather frequently these days. So I shall leave you with this video from us playing together. Yes, the audio isn't the best. Yes, the HD clarity is fabulously clear. Yes, we actually inspired folks to start dancing by the end of the three song set. Yes, hopefully you enjoy the "show"

Be Nice , Play Nice , And Smile 

Cheers 



25 comments:

  1. Wow, those desert photos are spectacular. Glad to see you are enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Love That Word - Definitely Enjoying Myself - Excellent Running There My Friend

      Big Hugs ,
      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous scenery and beautiful photos. It sounds like you are busy as ever, it is great you are playing tunes. Sounds great to me! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shadow People - So Busy But In A Good Way - Really Enjoying The Tunes For Sure - Thanx For Having A Listen

      Big Hugs ,
      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Argh, Travis.
    Blogger still hates me, so my thoughts again this way.... what have I done to deserve this?!

    ...
    Intersting song, never heard of it.
    Yes, so sad time picks up speed. Is it twith age, are we too busy?
    Those bike-events really look like fun times.
    Ack, I really am afraid of cycling by now. Those darn e-things at high-speed.
    Wow, I´m getting breathless picking up!!
    The desert, so beautiful! And the long exposure... well done!
    Yoga. I´m too lazy!
    Wow on being on stage! Could never do that. That woman wears happy clothes to her happy dance - fun times and I like your last words very much, dear friend.
    Cheers and OxoxoxO - slow down!

    Iris...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its An Oldie But A Goodie - Bike Night So Rocks My Little World - The Desert Is Flipping Beautiful And Dig That Long Exposure For Sure - Happy Clothes And Happy Feet - Thanx For Watching My Dear

      Big Hugs ,
      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you're busy and having a grand old time. Nice fun photos and the open mike video, very cool. Nice to hear from you, take care and be happy. It's the only way to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grand My Man - Thanx So Much For Checking Out The Video - Have A Fabulous Weekend There Mr Bill

      Stay Strong ,
      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Buena cantidad de fotos y cada una aporta un interés distinto.
    Me alegro de que lo hayas pasado bien.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muito obrigado por fazer check-in - Colorado oferece momentos mágicos no tempo

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Great photos. I enjoyed the show too. You’ve been busy which is good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Days off x 2, how good is that, you probably would have liked more.
    The photos are neat, scenery awesome, happy people, nice concert what more could one want...take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Need More Than Two Days Off For Sure - Pleases Me That You Enjoy The Scenery - What Would I Like ///// 5 Of The 6 Lotto Numbers Would Be Groovy

      Be Well My Dear ,
      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Love the photos of the desert: an unknown world for me!
    I like your show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx For Watching The Video & You Always Have A Place To Crash Out At Here In The States

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. Your blog sent me first to my iTunes so I could listen to "Baby, I'm-a Want You," a song that I love and hadn't heard in a long, long time!

    Your pictures of the scenery are, as always, amazing, and need to be seen full-screen to be fully appreciated.

    Bravo for doing the open-mic night! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another Fabulous Tune As Well & Haven't Heard That In Many Moons - Stoked You Went Into FULL SCREEN Mode There Brother Reed - Thanx For Watching The Video

      Be Well ,
      Cheers

      Delete
  10. I was wondering where you were and then May came along with diplomas. Graduation was last weekend and there was a paycheck in the PO box so I guess there were no problems. Whew! Now I can catch up with blog buddies. Your scenery photos are just stunning like postcards and I do enjoy your joie de vivre. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Have Also Been Wondering Just Where The Hell I Am - Graduation Time Is In The Air - Pleased To Hear From You My Dear - Big Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete