Monday, December 19, 2022

New Office And Six Long Days Before XMas 2022

I'll Never Be Your Beast Of Burden      My Back Is Board But It's Ah Hurting       All I Want Is For You To Make Love To Me      I've Walked For Miles      My Feet Are Hurting      All I Want Is For You To Make Love To Me       Am I Hard Enough?    Am I Rough Enough??     Am I Rich Enough???    I'm Not Too Blind To See 


Rolling Stones

1978 Some Girls

OFFICE:

Still room for interpretation and possible Feng Shui modifications. 


But overall, pretty darn pleased with the situation. Did I lose the 3rd floor views? Yes Did my rent increase? Yes Did I lose the easy Downtown Main Street address and desirable location? Yes Do I still ride my bike to the office? YES 


Are my clients happy? YES  So that means that as long as all parties are comfortable We B Jam'n !! Small bonus, I was able to finally display all my muscular, skeletal, energy meridians, and worldly maps up on the walls. Claiming this space as mine flipping rocks. Owning the situation and bettering that situation has been empowering. Proudly inviting the opportunity for a shift builds a stronger mind. The other gratifying bonus from an income stand point would be the fact that I am able to work 24/7!! In the office is exactly where I want to be. It's That Simple 


In my old office, established for just over a decade, I worked in the evening hours and weekends. When my office mate was out of town or teaching or family matters to tend to , more frequently then not , I worked the business bankers hours. But I mainly booked all clients on the weekend or after their work day. Now, I have the flexibility to schedule a client at the drop of a hat. So That's Cool 

HIGH:

High winds once again visited the grand valley and battered older fences and exposed the rotten undersides of the mighty fence line. As a weekend storm rolled up from the desert floor of Arizona creating our pressure gradients into motion and high winds blasted on through the Grand Valley. Here is a pro tip for ya when cementing in a 4x4 Post. 


Ideally, I recommend that you drive in 8 long wood screws directly into the base of your post. However, I only have enough room for three wooden screws drilled in to my 4x4 post at an angle at this particular plum line I have going. Good but not perfect unfortunately. 


Your post will obviously shrink over time and separate itself from the dried concrete. So all those screws act as a lovely anchor into that ready mix concrete pour some 15 years from now. But today, holding steady my friends those older original posts are. Only two technically rotted out and the others will definitely be recommenced in about 5 or so years time. The photo above showcases the mini mold I created for my post deep below the soil line. 


One at a time and only three more 17 inch / 43cm holes to dig for this project. I am adding support post between all the original post that are still holding their integrity. Later, will attach sister stringers and drill into them from the street side. This old fence still has character so I happily address her needs and offer compassionate support there my girl. Smile

HOLDAY WORK:

Completely booked and began a new week of dog sitting today. Stoked 

You long time readers will most definitely recognize this guy above. I will also be in the office a lot and I am currently house sitting three homes. This means December will be gone before I know it. Just as this calendar year has. Poof 

Next up in the working world for me, two more fences to repair this week from last weeks weather front. Along with usual recycling, watering trees, and other miscellaneous projects that I am unaware of at the moment. Always Something 

WORLD CUP:

Viva Argentina !! This was a significant match for me as I remember my grandmother watching Argentina claim the cup back in the summer of 86. She was extremely wise and was my influence to the fact that there is a whole other world than Lake Tahoe or even Sac-A-Tomtoes California. I remember witnessing a number of monumental moments in time with her. I truly thank her for exposing me to just more than Arts & Culture as a little bambino. She Was A Rock Star 

WHAT ELSE:

Where am I going or what direction is it going or what is my motivating factor to continue on with this blog site?? Really?? Whats the biz?? Say What 

Unable to comment on ( https://www.takinglongwayhome.com / https://romp-roll-rockies.blogspot.com  / https://whiteangels-thoughts.blogspot.com / just to acknowledge a few )  blog sites, my photos a janky when I upload, and some days it's a fact that I lack motivation has almost become frustrating for me. Is it really all that important that I comment on blogs?? Phuc Yes!! You all post some righteous Sh*T.  So What Is My Own Deal Here

I know that this scenario is totally elementary compared to everything else on my plate, shoulders, or even current worldly affairs right now. But sometimes my pent up frustration gets the best of me. My stress levels aren't diapering anytime soon. I have neglected real rides, proper lifting exercises, and upholding my best initiative to not tumble myself into the category of just another disappointing human. Life


I will hopefully continue this journal of What Else Is Possible but I am not going to entertain myself with thoughts like "Posting Every Friday" or "At Least Three Post A Month" or any other misleading statements. It's just that this blog has lost its spot on my priority list these days. My eyes roll open just after 4am because of my bladder, I am on a world wind tour all day, the sun was in my eyes, and the evenings are over before I even realize what I have accomplished or even reflect upon what I have to show for my efforts. Wow was that ever a rabbling rant of justifications. Whats The Deal With This Responsible Adult Living 

GOALS:

  1. Float These Holidaze Under The Radar
  2. Riding My Bike Around & Check Out All The Decorated Homes  
  3. Keep Cracking Myself Up
  4. Remain Thankful
  5. Not A Goal But Two Points Here!! Those aluminum beer cans are a 4 pack. Not a six pack but 16oz four packs for $20 to $23 smackers. Must Be Some Classy A$$ Alacrity - Second Point Here !! The video below is from Sunny Sand Diego California 

 

Wish You All The Best Over The Next Two Weeks, Stay Healthy By Keeping Them Paws Clean, And Embrace Mother Nature. AND THANK YOU ALL so much for your continued thoughts and feedback. Your sentiments, empathy, and heart felt replies are appreciated here. 

Cheers 

37 comments:

  1. Dearest Travis,
    You sound bubbly about your new office space and rightfully so!
    Pouring concrete and stabilizing the fence posts is so important.
    We had frost at night and on Saturday it will be 17°F so it is winter weather! Did not have time to bike, had so much on my plate and still! Would love to run the bike more though but who else is doing all the rest?! It takes all my energy and this morning I heard the verdict of my kidney function being down 3% from June, to only 25% now and I got a heart murmur. Well, in Colorado I did find out about my heart problem... at high altitude and climbing. But feeling so grateful for having made that long trip—it's in the books and fond memories with lovely sunshine.
    Those doggies are happy you return to them!
    Great time lapes and wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas.
    Oh, yesterday I lend my soprano voice to the chancel choir with organ and orchestra for our Christmas Concert. Pieter so enjoyed it—even having to sit there some 2 hours during rehearsal before due to us only having one car.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bubbly While Optimistic - Hopefully These New Post Does The Trick For Awhile - Todays Fence Will Take Me Some Time As The Ground Is Freezing Cold - Amazing How We Can Miss Riding - Sending Kidney Vibes Your Way My Dear - The Dogs Are Beyond Stoked And Love The Extra Treats As Well - The Three Of Us Will Enjoy Xmas , Until I Head Over To The Dudes Place - Congrats On Singing Your Heart Out - Will Pass On The Bells Concert Because Of COVID And I Am Totally OK With That Decision - Big Hugs Mariette

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Congrats on your new office space, sounds great for you and your clients. You will be busy, 3 house sitting jobs and fixing fences along with your regular job. I am tired thinking about it, lol. Love the cute puppy dog. Merry Christmas to you, wish you all the best in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, Your Blog Is Another One That I Am Unable To Drop Comments On - Thanx So Much For Continuing To Check In On Me - I Appreciate These Shadow People - Big Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. The new place of business is looking good. Fences here take a beating. It’s a great idea to fortify them as you do. I recognize that sweet pouch! The remainder of the month will be fun and busy! I hope you enjoy te next few weeks and blessings in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking So Good - Those Fences Continue To Hang In There Until The End - He Is Such A Good Boy - Looking Forward To The New Year For Sure

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. ...I wish you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And A Very Happy Holidaze To You As Well My Friend

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Yes the fashion is perfect for the holidays <3 :D Sending you positive vibes too.

    Your office looks pretty cute, it's small but cozy. Oh this dog is so cute <3
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very Nice - Great Space A - Oh These Dogs - They Are Keepers - Until Their Humans Return - YES

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Nice post!Like your one mans bedroom!Stay strong and be happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outstanding - Feeling Stronger And Rather Happy These Days

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Happy Holidays to you, my friend. Love your new place and it will bring lots of stability to your life along with the pups you take care of. Stay happy and keep smiling, you are an important piece of the puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Mr Bill, Happy Holidaze - Smiling With My Heart

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Todos nos proponemos unos objetivos, que se van difuminando con el tiempo.
    Te deseo mucha felicidad, en estas fiestas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eu aprecio suas palavras gentis e metas são apenas isso, metas - Boas festas

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. It's not just you whose having trouble commenting on my blog. Apparently Blogger is trying to crush my soul just like my employer...

    Fence building/repairing is hard work! Digging post holes? There has to be a better way. Enjoy your dog sitting! Dogs are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer - Such A Bummer - You Deserve So Much More - Yup, Digging Holes By Hand - The First 14 Inches Isn't So Bad - After That, It Sucks - Dogs So Rock My World - Thanx Little W

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on owning the new place! Loved the 1st pic the best! Happy dog sitting! Great way to end this year! When time flies past it is indicative of good times! So cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Magic - Digging The Dog Sitting For Sure - Be Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Oh, you moved? I figure it was a good move?
    You work AND have three houses to look after? Do you ever sleep?
    This year ran by way too fast. Same here. But BEST working year ever!
    Last day today and I sure will leave them a thank you note.

    That guy sure looked up to you :-) As in being happy to have you back.

    Wonderful memories of your grandmother. Yes, Argentina was big here on TV, too!
    -12C?! Here we had -9, that was cold enough!

    You blog via phone?! Chapeau! I could never do that.
    Hmmmm. Motivation. We all would miss you!
    You might miss reflecting and being able to re-read maybe, like... when Ingo says "it was like this!" and I think I know better - search the blog and win (or lose).

    Blogging should be fun. Mind you. I should do the taxes. What do I do? Reading blogs and so blogger will, leave comments.
    I hope you continue and hmmm, that beer looks yummy.
    Fun cans, I just don´t understand the price??? Despite your explanation, weeeee, would´ve taken but a pic, too. Would I...

    Good goals and great video!

    To a great Christmas season and a happy start into the New Year!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Are Simply Amazing - Thanx So Much For Dissecting And Adding In Your Two Cents - I Always Enjoy Your Points Of Views - And Thanx So Much For Watching The Video As Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. you must keep the blog its a mainstay for me. your new office is great glad you are busy with different things also...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending Vibes Your Way - Think Of You All The Time

      Big Hugs

      Delete
  13. Hello,
    Nice post. Great to see what you have done every day.
    Hard work and good to finish with a glass of IPA bear.
    I wish you the best.

    Greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brother Marco , Hello My Good Man - Love Me Some Cold Tasty IPA - Rock On

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. A super filled agenda for December. It's incredible the amount of things you know how to do and have to do.
    Blogs are a way of sharing, of learning, of connecting, showing a little of ourselves and knowing a little about others. I really enjoy visiting your blog.
    I think that our blogs should not be an obligation and we should write when we have time and mood to do.
    All the best my friend.
    Greetings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always Up To Something - I Can Truly Saw That This Is Why I Am Motivated To Check On Updating This Blogs - You All So Rock - My Mood Is Swinging For The Better - Many Thanx

      Cheers

      Delete
  15. I wish you a Merry Christmas! 🎄🎄🎄

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah yes Christmas is almost here and this looks like a great move good for you!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Far So Good Allie in NYC - Where Will You Be This New Years Eve

      Cheers

      Delete
  17. You goal are admirable. I hope you are able to meet them. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your new office space!
    For me, it is not so important these days to blog, actually I've only blogged for the last year for the honey company that I have a weekly partnership with and blogged about nothing more. I do find it important for myself to comment on other blogs though. I feel like responding to blogs is more than letting them know I stopped by and read what they wanted to share with us. We're building connections and friendships with other humans near and far, even if we never meet in person. Some of my favorite people in this world I've never laid eyes on, but the bond is there and is very strong all because we chose to read and comment on each other's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful - I So Agree - For Me, And Only My Opinion Here, It Is Rude To NOT Comment On A Reply From Fellow Readers - And Again, For Me, I Throughly Enjoy Checking Out Photos From Locations That I May Never See Or Experience For Myself - Having Said That, Big Hugs T - Hows The Colorado Gal??

      Cheers

      Delete