Sunday, September 18, 2022

Mid September With Shorter Daylight Conditions

Way Back When In '67    I Was The Dandy Of Gamma Chi   Sweet Things From Boston    So Young And Willing    Moved Down To Scarsdale    Where The Hell Am I     Hey, Nineteen     That's Retha Franklin    She Don't Remember The Queen Of Soul      It's Hard Time Befallen     The Sole Survivors    She Thinks T'm Crazy   But I'm Just Growing Old 


Steely Dan

Gaucho 1980

CYCLING:

So the numbers are better this month but overall lack any real efforts. Will have to vocalize that I am at my happiest when I have a seat between my legs. Therapeutic Freedom 



Bike Night is still happening and obviously enjoying myself. There is definitely a sense of commrodery amongst the group these days and I am pleased with everyone watching out for everyone else. Will be interesting to see what materializes over the next few weeks as we are rapidly losing daylight and warmth.



DOG/HOUSE:

Totally rocking out the dog sitting gigs and what a perfectly timed distraction. A super groovy gal and her boyfriend went for the All American Road Trip and I had a solid week of hanging out with her pup. Morning Walks 101



A happy home is a home full of wet paws and toenails tap dancing across the the kitchen tile. Or if you are a cat person, not that crazy cat lady, a sleepy curled up kitty kitty by your side. Lovely 





Amazes me how four legged friends change our perspective with ease and grace. Why can't humans wag more and bark less?? To you compassionate people, THANK YOU!! The world is in dire need of good people. Go Team Human 




HARVEST MOON:

Our full moon was pretty righteous this month but that astronomical event jacked the Phuc out of some folks. Accountability, forget it. Relying on anyone these past few weeks to fulfill their agreement, forget it. Taking someone for their word, not a chance. The overall stupidity has been crushing. 



RADIO SHOW:

Two recent radio shows popped up on my radar. One particular show was rather lame on my end and I probably should have passed on that opportunity. BUT



The Tied To The Tracks Show was flipping dynamic. Loads of sweet cover tunes, plenty of mash up cuts, and spiced things up with inspirational clips provided by Herman Munster. GR8 Show!!! You can stream HERE for a 3 hour soundtrack during all of your web surfing pleasures. I mean, simply check out that playlist. Neil Young, Led Zeppelin, Pomplamoose, Connon, Steely Dan vs Steve Miller, Duran Duran, Talking Heads , AND of course a few deep cuts by Pink Floyd. Oh, So Much More 


That link begins with the last 20 seconds from the Saturday AM Jazz Break Program, dead air for a bit, and then STORIES plays at 12:00:48. The Munster Theme begins my portion of the hour at 12:05:03. Turn It Up & Smile 



10 YEARS:

The highlight of the month , SO FAR, was attending the Phase 7 Ortho Bionomy Class. I was completely floored by the multiple generations of Ortho students and the fact that I am considered elder by so many rocked my world. Humbling but difficult to shallow that pill of reality. 



I causally morphed myself into a leadership role and offered guidance to some of the new grasshoppers in the program. Some might even refer to it a wisdom. I held space for others and slipped in my advice without coming off as a Jack A$$ Know It All with a chip on my shoulder. 

My subdued inquisitiveness allowed them to work through their own questions and experience their own Ah Ha moments. This Phase 7 work is extremely advanced and a few of the students weren't quite ready for where they currently are in the two year program. So it was beneficial for me to focus on their strengths and build upon that avenue. 


Then, later that evening, the 10th Anniversary Celebration for the Rocky Mountain Ortho Bionomy Center. 10 Flipping Years!! A Full Decade!! Can You Believe 2012 Was That Long Ago.??? Its Dress Up Time 

I was thrilled to see everyone at the gathering. There were a number of faces that brought joy to my heart as we embraced in what seems like ages ago. There would be a face or two that took me a sentence or two of theirs to realize the context of how we know each other. Remembering when we had class together in Portland. Recalling classes in San Fran or reminiscing about Salt Lake City classes. For me personally, I really need this evening. Crossing Paths 

GOALS:

  1. Be A Damn Good Human
  2. Dance On Them There Pedals 
  3. Book My Flights
  4. Start A New Book
  5. Accept The Fact That Some Folks Just Aren't Worthy 

TIME LAPSE:

I leave you all with a time lapse of mine from Cowboys & Aliens. The theme during Friday Night Bike Night. The Dude & I might have brought a little of Sin City to the mean streets of GJ. We made our way over the Andy's Liquor Store for another 6'r after the ride. We cracked open a cool tasty brew in the parking lot as of we where back in Vegas. We drank our way through the evening without ever stepping into a local waterhole establishment. Fantastic Evening 

Thank you for all your support and comments,

Cheers 

30 comments:

  1. Now Just What The Fuck Is Going On Here - A Number Of You Have Been Automatically Moved Into An RRS or RSS Link Under The Blog Links??? So Now I Can;t Access These Blogs???? Am I Missing Something Here?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t know what’s going on with Blogger again, but I can’t access many blogs now. A nuisance for sure.

    We are definitely losing daylight and warmth too. We had a frost warning last night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Felt Locked Out But Able To Sign In Again - Frost Is On The Horizon - Our Leaves Our Turning Once Again - Excellent Summer But Went By Way Too Fast - Stay Warm

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. I am happiest sitting ON a comfortable seat with a back rest.
    Is Rogue Batsquatch a purgative?
    Elder is a very special word among our indigenous. Wear it with pride.
    Love ya man.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comfort Is Key Brother Drew - Tasty Rogue And Able To Trust A Fart Still - Elder, You Make A Valid Point - Proud As Can Be And Well Loved - I Appreciate You

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Great post as always...do you only dog sit in GJ? Hope your RSS comes back...Ive noticed some things missing in my side bar also...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. House Sit All Over Colorado And Once In Moab - The RSS Was A Royal Pain In The A$$ - Oh Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Los días se acortán y los atardecers son cada vez más tempranos.
    Muy bellas fotografías.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. você sempre tem palavras tão bonitas para compartilhar - obrigado por isso

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Dearest Travis,
    WOW, that bike ride was quite something.
    But indeed, you ended up riding in the DARK...
    What lovely flat areas you were on!
    Oh, indeed—IF humans only would wag more; so true.
    But you as well as both of us, we know how it feels to love and be loved by our four–legged!
    Big hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rides Out Here Are Something To Experience - With Lights, Dig Dark Night Rides - Love Them Wet Paws

      OxoxoxO

      Delete
  7. Blogger has been having some issues. Blame the full Harvest Moon and the fact that Mercury is in retrograde. Blogger seems to have resolved the issue. 🤞🏼 Love the 11:11. Himself sees that all the time. My number is 08:18. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just A Few Issues - Not Mercury - Dang We B Screwed - Was Unable To Comment During Your Travels With Himself - 818 Is A Fantastic Number For Sure - Rock On CJ

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Blogs have many problems now... Great photos <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Earlier in the week, I had some issues with my list of blogs but it seems to have sorted itself out. Google keeps messing with us, don't they?

    How was the Backsquatch? Great name for a beer and I do love a good hazy. So many beers, so little tolerance, lol.

    It is nice to be one of the 'seasoned' professionals, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They Sure Do And You Know They Get A Kick Out Of It - Every Tech September They Sit Back And Laugh At Us Fools - Batsquatch Was Full Flavored With A Perfect Blend Of Malt - The Hops Was Mild And Allowed The Malt To Stand Out - Rouge Brewery Has Their Act Together - Seasoned , Yes - Burnt , No - You Rock Little W

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. I need to ride the bike more often.
    I´m so insecure, it´s a pain! It stands right behind me in the living room.
    But with all the e-scooters, e-bikes racing on cycling paths...

    Cool pic with the dog-shilouette.
    Looks like you are very happy, to fun times!

    Yes to good people - met many yesterday in Berlin.
    Cool can! I bought beer just because the cans were so darn cool - Steam Punk-themes. Oh, boy, they taste awful!

    Awww to the donkey. Mine sings "You are my Sunshine..." - got it at Maccas in 2002 and it still works with the first set of batteries!
    On the way to Berlin we certainly had the radio on. What a pain!!! Wish we could´ve listened to your shows.

    Reckon you are a great teacher. My teamleader is like that, too, and oh, I found my work-hero! Patiently he explains it all. And with fun and private chatting.

    Stunning pic of the field.

    Wish #1 would be a goal for many more! (but, as said, yesterday was a hit)
    #4... sooo many in the pipeline.
    Sadly yes to #5.
    Fun video - cheers, dear friend from far away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always Enjoy Your Comments - Thank YOU - Fun Times Indeed - Working On Them There Goals For Sure - Really Appreciate The Video Feedback My Friend - Be Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. I am now singing "Hey Nineteen" and probably will be for the rest of the night. Steely Dan was SO AWESOME! I don't hear enough of their stuff these days. They're on my iTunes but I just don't get around to playing them, which is inexcusable.

    You're right about humans needing to bark less.

    I love the photo of the silhouetted dog through the glass door! Brilliant!

    I would buy "Batsquatch" for the can alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dig Those Catchy Tunes - Totally Inexcusable - Wasn't That A Gr8 Shot - That Dog's Human Was Way Stoked As Well - Highly Recommend The Batsquatsh - Sending Olga Girl Some Righteous Vibes

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. Team Good Human All The Way!

    Lovely doggy companion you had there for a week.

    Ugh to the getting older part, but I am sure the little grasshoppers appreciated your advice and experience. Best of luck to the next generation of healers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go Team Human - Good Dogs Are The Best - Happy Dogs Are Even Better - I So Appreciate Your Perspective Here - Thank You T

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. Totally perfect time for cycling and being outside. You have done so many activities. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally Righteous Outdoor Activities - You Have Been On My Mind - Sending Vibes Your Way

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. Thanks for your love sent across the ocean. How did you know I needed your words right now.Hugh has had 6 days in hospital, seriously ill with " Sepsis of unknown origin " , He has recovered, a bit slow and tired, but after so many tests, and CT , MRI, Ultrasound, echocardiogram and spinal X Ray, nothing was found. Need you over here for a long stint, many friends would so benefit, us too, from your expertise. Autumn closes in on you, as we progress to spring, however a cold snap direct from Antarctica is cooling things down until next weekend. Fond greetings from South to North.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had No Idea And Sending Hugh Some Much Needed Love Right Now - Please Keep Me Updated - Spring Will Be In The Air Soon And Our Golden Leaves Are Making An Appearance Once Again - Our Land Is Magical

      Appreciate Them Fond Greetings My Friend,
      Cheers

      Delete