Sunday, August 21, 2022

Mid August And Radio Shows

The Long And Windy Road     That Leads To Your Door    Will Never Disappear     I've Seen That Road Before        It Always Leads Me Here      Lead Me To Your Door     Many Times I've Been Alone    And Many Times I've Cried        Anyway       You'll Never Know      The Many Ways I've Tired         And Still They Lead Me Back   To The Long Winding Road    You Left Me Standing Here     A Long      Long Time Ago      Don't Leave Me Waiting Here       Lead Me To Your Door 


The Beatles

Let It Be 1970

WoW:

An older Mr Silver Sneaker pointed out one day, usually points out the obvious. He said that he used to have a cousin that hardly left the house and watched TV Movies all day long. Mr Silver Sneaker ask me," What do you see around here?" He points out that all he observes are alive people milling about. His cousin that was a homebody, died two weeks ago in their young 70's. I was speechless as I was unaware that we were shifting towards deeper waters. Thankfully, Mr Silver Sneaker rambled out and I was off the hook. Just Listening 

Another two punches to the jewels this month was Olivia Newton John passing. Grease will forever lack that gumption it once had. Wait until Travola shuffles off this mortal coil. I am well aware that her passing was not a surprise but a bummer for sure. The other bummer was my friend/mentor John Parker passed at 83. 

CYCLING: 

So there is this bridge here in town that crosses over the Colorado River and I was lucky enough to cross this sucker the other day. What I noticed was the swift flowing currents, colorful birds singing, and the cool breeze from the south. Epiphany would be how many drivers miss out on these precious moments and observations. 

Cycling around town as a way of commuting is a headspace changer. Rushing home after a long day of work while missing out on a vidid rainbow trout jumping out of the water because you you were "busy" is such a missed opportunity. Stumbling through the door with a smile could have been a prime example of how our demeanor is carried. 


BIKE NIGHT:

Friday Bike Night's theme was Butterflies. Right up my alley of course and I sort of went all in. I mean Come On, BUTTERFLIES 




       The college kids are back in town and we experienced our largest turn out. Ready for this???  


Someone counted 146 riders, one wheel, and boosted board participants. Pure Righteousness 

ORTHO:

Scored a new client and couldn't be happier. They are way in shape, just completed their two year dissertation, and carries the most amazingly strong nervous system. Best client in a long time!! They picked up the tracking quicker than I have ever witnessed.  

                               Creating thoughts through action and patterns 

RADIO:

Stream HERE to listen to the rebroadcasting of my show. This link starts with an ad and then Michael Travis ( Drummer For The String Cheese Incident ) converts you to Mormonism. Turn it up as its going to be a Freakers Ball.


This Magic Carpet Ride was one of my better shows. I featured Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs from the big screen Cinema. Aired about 6 different movie trailers and shared tales from the 60's & 70's. Its worthy of a little preview. My next show TIED TO THE TRACKS was absolutely brilliant and the phone calls were overwhelming.  


Now you have to understand something, Wolfman has a huge following. Folks were tuning in to hear the Wolfman and I just happened to be subbing for him. The feedback was rather positive and the text messages kept me on my game. Both shows are worthy of a listen as both shows are radically different. Tune It Up 

Need I Say More:




GOALS:

  1. Think Snow
  2. Finding Parts 
  3. Researching Sand Injected Stains 
  4. Document An Adventurous Ride 
  5. Write Down Goals And Intentions 
  6. Volunteer  


Enjoying Life And Making It Out,

Cheers 

52 comments:

  1. ...KAFM 88.1 is like our WRUR 88.5, "Different Radio!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different Sounds From The Desert Oasis There Brother T

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Your butterfly attire and your bike just made me smile. I hope after all that effort you got a prize for the best costume and decked out wheels. You deserved first prize. 🥇🏆PS: Please don't think Snow now. It's way too early! Let's finish enjoying Summer before we have to think of shoveling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo CJ, How Are You And Himself These Days - Pleased To Know That You Are Smiling From Ear To Ear - No Prizes Were Given Out But Thank You - Have A Brilliant Week Ahead

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Dearest Travis,
    You certainly do live in a gorgeous state! Wish I could have crossed over to the west of it more... But our views were magnificent too.
    Haha, that Butterfly event was excellent with a great turn out!
    Glad your Radio show gave you so much feed back and appreciation; well done.
    Love the bottom photos with a happy dog walking!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U Bet - Wish You Two Had Made Your Way Over As Well - Such A Communal Outing For Sure And Lots Of Well Done Face Paintings - Meet Larry - He Is A Character And Always Happy To Just Be - Was A Fabulous Weekend - Big Hugs Mariette

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Wonderful landscapes there. The glass are something to behold and the bikes are dress up well too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Are Liking Them Glasses A - Looking Forward To The Next Gathering

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. I always love seeing Colorado scenery. I surprise myself at how much I like Colorado, especially as seen from an Amtrak train.

    We have three state funerals this week, Olivia Newton John, Judith Durham of the Seekers and local indigenous musician Archie Roach.

    I think you told me to get fit and consider yoga class. I misheard too.

    You look fabulous for the Friday bike ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colorado Is Definitely A Magical Location With Some Many Opportunities For Adventuring On - Archie Died!!! No Way - The Friday Night Bike Rides Are Growing And I Do Love Playing Dress Up - Be Well Brother Drew

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Hello,
    Beautiful landscapes. I like the butterfly bike riders, looks very pretty at night. Your costume looks perfect for the event. Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoyed The Day And Working On The Week Ahead - Thanx For Continuing To Check In Eileen - Best Shadow People I Know

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Buenas citas musicales. Admiro tus bellas fotografías.
    Que tengas una buena semana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sempre gosto de ler seus comentários e envio vibrações positivas do seu jeito

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Fantastic photos! I especially love the bike shadow. I love butterflies. Our daughter is afraid of them which I don’t understand but there it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bike Shadows And Butterflies - Keep Smiling My Dear - Good Hearing From Ya

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and mentor. Seems that as we get older, we start to lose more people in our lives. PS that song you shared isn't Let it Be...:p

    Looks so beautiful by you. It is so much better to slow down and enjoy all that nature, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You For Your Condolences Wendy - Too Funny, Let It Be Is The Album From 1970 - Have A Wonderful Rest Of The Month - Big Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Like always awesome pictures of landscapes - totally love them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like Always , Happy To Hear From Ya - Be Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Sorry to read about your personal losses. Loved reading your cycling ruminations and all the photos are truly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Passing Of Mr Parker Was A Shocker - Thanx For Checking In Magic - Stay Strong

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. I can’t imagine watching TV all day. So sad and misguided when all the real world is out there to explore, for all. Our UK TV is shite and by all accounts your North American is worse but seems hardly possible to be so.

    Keep hitting the highways and byways my friend. You’re a long time dead, brain or body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally Agree Brother Phil - Keep On Keeping On

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. As Always, Back At Ya - Yahooo0000000000

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. Butterfly Cyclists and Amazing Natural Views of Sublime Beauty, I don't think it gets any better than that. As for TV watching, I don't know how people do it endlessly, I get restless trying to get thru a show I really like on the rare occasion I can even sit still long enuf to watch TV. As for Radio, it ain't what it used to be, locally anyway we have lame DJ's and more than half the Stations now are Spanish, tho' some of the Music is good, I have no idea what they're saying since my Kitchen Spanish isn't sufficient for translation... even tho' some of my Family are Bilingual or speak only Spanish, I just fail miserably in my Old Age to take on new languages to fluency. I forgot how to ride a Bike, that's no Joke, I almost fell off a Senior Tricycle, it was highly embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Butterflies And Views - Commercial Radio Totally Blows - Its As Easy As Riding A Bike - We All Start Off Somewhere And Tricycles Are More Than Welcomed - Thanx A Million For Checking In - Enjoy Your Weekend

      Cheers

      Delete
  15. Thanks sending you all the best vibes back =)

    Great post =)
    The bike night sounds pretty nice. And I love to hear radio ^^
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bike Night Is All The Rage These Days - Thanx For Streaming The Shows - Turn It Up And Stay Rowdy

      Cheers

      Delete
  16. These images are so incredible. The cloud patterns are so wild and different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right On And Thank You - Sure Do Enjoy Capturing Mother Nature Through Time Lapse Videos - Thanx For The Kind Words

      Cheers

      Delete
  17. Hello,
    Nice pictures. Funny decorated bikes.
    Wonderful shots of all these places with the mountains. A great view.

    Greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brother Marco, Thanx For Checking In - And You My Man Offer Up Award Winning Photographs

      Cheers

      Delete
  18. Olivia's death was a shock for everyone. My condoleances for the death of your friend, such losses are painfull and hard to overcome.
    On the other hand I find very exilarating the yoga board 😜
    P.S: volunteer is one of the most beautiful goals and when not possible, donations can do too.
    Stay well my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knew Of Her Sickness But Such A Bummer - Thanx For Your Condolences As Well - Happily Volunteering When I Am Able To Do So - Be Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  19. Das sieht wirklich nach einem lustigen Event aus. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glücklich umgeben von begeisterten Freunden und Fremden - Bitte wieder von Ihnen zu hören

      Cheers

      Delete
  20. Well, always join the living as long as you can, right?
    My 80+ y-o-neighbor lost his wife a while ago and despite being so sad goes out all the time, meets people, me included.
    Better than TV, I´d say.
    Reckon we´re getting old and have to witness idols and friends passing.
    My FIL always says, you can get old, or just die.
    Let´s get old!
    And silly - mind you, no joking!!! I saw the first real butterfly of the year yesterday!!!

    Great night-pics, too.

    Pour a glass, oh, yes to that!

    No. No snow. It´s still super-beautifully hot here - but looking forward to #4, cheers to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - Can Observe Butterflies, Dragonflies, And Hummingbirds All Day - That Moon Was Incredible With Those Rolling Clouds - Pour On My Friend

      Cheers

      Delete
  21. Totally obsessed with your pics, as usual! Such a cool show!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best Commit Ever There Paola - Its Good To Be Us

      Cheers

      Delete
  22. I am in love with those butterfly bikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% - Specially When Its Over 100 Of Them

      Cheers

      Delete
  23. The Friday bike evening on the subject of butterflies would also have been a lot of fun for me... simply beautiful.
    The mountains - stunningly beautiful.
    Have fun making radio!!!
    Thank you for your fantastic photos. hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, You Would Have Had A Blast For Sure - The Mountains Are Peaceful And Rejuvenating - Love Making Radio - Appreciate Hearing From You - Sending Positive Vibes Your Way

      Cheers

      Delete
  24. Extraordinary selection of magnificent landscape.
    I really enjoyed seeing your photos and the bikes of the bike friday butterfly theme. They were fantastic!
    Hugs and all the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Always Have Such Pleasant Words To Share - I Thank You For That And For Your Kindness - The Bike Theme Was Over The Top And The Participants Were Rather Enthusiastic As Well - This Friday's Theme Is Food - We Shall See - Have A Delightful Weekend

      Cheers

      Delete