Monday, May 23, 2022

May Grey, Nope

Money Talks      But It Don't Sing And It Don't Walk     And As Long As I Can Have You Here With Me   I'd Much Rather Be Forever In Blue Jeans       Honey's Sweet     But It Ain't Nothing Next To Baby's Treat     And If You'd Pardon Me     I'd Like To Say     We'd Do Okay Forever In Blue Jeans      Maybe Tonight    By The Fire     All Alone     You And I    Nothing Around     But The Sound    Of My Heart And Your Sighs 


Neil Diamond   Forever In Blue Jeans

You Don't Bring Me Flowers 1978


RADIO SHOW:

The Magic Carpet Ride was over the top and couldn't be more jazzed about it. Listen HERE NOW while you surf the world wide inter webbie. Simply click on Thursday the 19th , Magic Carpet Ride, and then Dan Yankee. I linked the calendar to the above 'here now' for easy navigation. 


The theme for your listening pleasures would be The Twilight Zone and Rod Serling's words of wisdom. The music gracefully intertwined with the short clips and the feedback was beyond my wildest dreams. Phone calls rang in from enthusiastic folks that I hadn't heard from in many many moons. I thought a lot about how to smoothly pull off this show, made copious notes, and this show is a representation of complex prep work. It's a damn entertaining show and worthy of a stream. Stoked 


ANIMAL:

This would be an explanation from the rattlesnake photo in my previous post. A few of you showed interest and here we go. 


I attended a Personal Facilitation course way back when and there was rousing chatter regarding spirit animals and medicine animals and all that good hippy dippy Indian stuff. The instructor agreed to lead us through a guided meditation of sorts to discover our spirit animal. We relaxed stretched out on the floor, dimmed the above LED lights, and slipped into a parasympathetic state of being. 

He descriptively began our journey through an open meadow and explained how we would reach the first of many forks in the path. He would always give us the option of moving down or towards or up and would give us silence at appropriate times for a few seconds as our thoughts sank in. And then he painted us onto the next section of our journey along waterfalls, woody forest, etc.


At some point, we were hiking along a ridge line and a rather large opening between builders was presented to us. Very comfortable and we casually followed the space between that narrowed into a warm cave like opening. Something like that with my elementary rescripting here. We were then asked to imagine the first animal that came to mind while we calmly stood there in this opening. 

For whatever reason, not of fear based judgement, a fully belly coiled rattlesnake appeared in my third eye. No Rattle, No Protective Strikes, Just A Coiled Happy Reptile. So my spirit animal became a Rattlesnake. My medicine/healing animal is the Great Owl from another class/exercise. My power animal happens to be the mighty BLK Bear. My birthday animal is a vividly colorful butterfly because nobody ever suspects the butterfly. Long Live Bart Simpson 

ECLIPSE:

North America was so LUCKY as we were able to watch the lunar eclipse during the last full moon. Mr Full Moon appeared to be so bright and full as it crested over the Grand Mesa. Within about 45 minutes or so, Mother Earth's shadow slowly slithered up from the bottom left side of the moons surface. 


As the shadow engulfed Mr Moon, an eerie blood red dot hung in the night sky. The star constellations popped as much as possible with the light pollution beaming from the Big City of GJ. My mind always drifts off during these celestial events. What would the moment have been like back in BC or Roman Times or whatever when they witnessed something like that?? A Blood Moon 


DOG ON IT:

What A Classic!! My current read while I am dog/house sitting. Spencer speaks two languages fluently. Dog And Suspense! This is a tale of a DOG that flunked out of K9 School and hooks up with a private eye. Been highly amused throughout the chapters so far and the unique style keeps me from falling asleep around a decent time frame. Sure hope this dog doesn't die in the end. 


CYCLING:

Burning the legs and covering some higher ground. Then, some weeks are working like a yahoo and nearly covering 20 miles / 32km for the week. Talk about your ups and downs. 178miles / 274kms one week and almost nothing the next week. Feel free to leave me with 4 of the 6 lottery numbers as living independently wealthy sounds terrific. And you all know me, would happily donate a healthy amount to Roice Hurst Humane Society


Road riding has been exactly the same as it ever was. Talking Heads there for ya. The River Trail is always there and who cares about the headwind both ways. I ride while catching up on phone calls and the flying wildlife is remarkable. Never A Dull Moment 


The single track is just as dusty as ever. The trails are well used by trail runners and MTB Bikers for sure. My favorite by far are the blooming cacti and the Spring Time Life in general. 


The high desert fools us into believing everything will be okey dokee. Hillsides are lush, succulents are going off with color, and the snow melt run off is totally misleading. Rain Dance Please


Overall, my fitness is par at best but The Western Slope is Flippin Gorgeous. I become antsy while working because I want to be submerged in it. Will be posting more photos for sure. Thanx for checking in, have been commenting on your blogs, bat sh*t crazy busy still, and will keep you in the loop when my next radio show is offered up. Big Hugs 


What Will Your Future Self Be Proud Of,

Cheers 

42 comments:

  1. Dearest Travis,
    Thanks for the Neil Diamond song... such great text; he sure LIVED and knew how to compose it into songs that LAST. Hope he is not suffering too much.
    Love your final line and Neil can sure fill in that he lives on; no matter WHAT!
    Love it that your Radio Show went so sell and I know you do it with all you got. That makes all the difference + prep work as you so well expressed.
    Lovely nature photos and who would not want to ride like that.
    The dog book sounds like fantastic and hope the ending is not tragic.
    Sunday we rode our bikes, after quite a while since my back did not permit me to earlier and Pieter was busy working on our wood trail repair, still lots to do.
    But halfway I noticed the clouds and heard the thunder so I opted for taking another route and glad I did as we avoided nasty weather. Fifteen minutes home and it all started.
    Today was rough and rainy but at least I rode and Saturday I will fly to The Netherlands... solo. For finally picking up things from Mom & Dad that sit at my best friend Ellie's home. Stuffing my two suitcases and coming home on the 6th of June. Using my Pieter's Delta miles for a Premium Select ticket with lots of extras like 2 suitcases and reclining seat etc. Happy for my final flight across the big pond!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Am So Looking Forward To Your Travels - Cant Wait - The Ride Sounded Delightful And Skirting The Weather Front Was A Score - Well Done There - The Radio Show Was A Blast And I Am Pleased With The Outcome - Always Appreciate Hearing Your Wise Words As Well My Dear - OxoxoxO

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. ...Rodman Edward "Rod" Serling, December 25, 1924 – June 28, 1975 RIP!
    https://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/2014/11/you-are-entering-twilight-zone.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent - Question; Whats With A The Coin Change - Hope You Are Enjoying The Show

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the music radio link, enjoying it in the background while surfing. Glorious photos of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best Response Ever - Well Played Magic

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Hello,
    You have such beautiful scenic views there, I love all the flowers and the moon capture. The book sounds interesting, I like a good mystery.
    Take care, enjoy your day and a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Beautiful For A High Desert - Can You Believe That I Snapped Off That With A Dinosaur Of An iPhone - I Captured About 10 Really Poor Grainy Photos As Well - Fabulous Book For Sure And Doing My Best - Big Hugs E

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. So interesting about your animal guides. I didn't know about different aspects of spirit animals. I thought you had one and that was it. I've always identified with Black Bear and especially after becoming a mom. But then I was in a guided Reiki meditation taking us to meet our spirit guide. Across a stream, and over a bridge. Even before I got there I knew I would meet my dad, but Ink was also with me as I crossed the bridge. Both of those spirits brought tears of joy. What would the ancients have thought about the blood moon? That would have been a very bad omen. the weather was too cloudy so we didn't get to see it here. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning My Dear - Kinda Cool A - Stoked On Your BLK Bear As Well - Total Omen For Sure - Could You Imagine Sleeping On The Ground In A Dense Wet Forest And Rolling Over Like We Do And Catch That Moon Out Of The Corner Of Your Sleepy Eye - So Spooky - Please Start A Rain Dance For Us Out Here In The West - Big Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. I was interested by the "spirit animal" exercise. Maybe I'll try it and see if I can determine what my spirit animal might be. (Offhand, I'm thinking something like a hedgehog.)

    As always, your landscape shots of the countryside there are amazing. They make me want to travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Brother Reed, We Should Zoom - Hedgehog Would Be Better That A Duckbill Platypus - Actually, I Don't Know That For Sure - The Western Slope Is Blooming Like Crazy And My Nose Runs Daily - But So Worth It - Be Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. You and my sis are two peas in a pod, She has carried her Animal Totems book like a bible, and she used to be a practitioner of One Brain Method of muscle testing which I have heard you mention. It's powerful stuff...I was happy to be reminded of the awesome Twilight Zone which was my fav when we had a working TV back in the day and still is...Hope the recent snow helps give some moisture. Enjoyed the tunes you played for sure. Saw a Movie you may enjoy call Dog, it has some Military background but a good movie about trust and love. TTFN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outstanding - Good On Her - So Many Folks Shared Stories With Me During The Radio Show - Snow Unfortunately Only Fell On The Other Side Of The Divide - We Had Wind - I Mean WIND - Will Keep An Ear Out For It - Big Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Las fotos de tu reportaje son bastante buenas y ofreces unos espacios de gran belleza. Se ve que disfrutas bastante de la Naturaleza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O oeste do Colorado é absolutamente lindo e a área é considerada um deserto alto - Quando a Mãe Natureza floresce, fale sobre cores vivas - eu aprecio você

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. A few years ago I saw a lunar eclipse in Poland. The view was amazing !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Is Wonderful - I Bet At That Time I Was Crying About How We Americans Never Have Any Fun - Really Enjoy All Of Your Family Photos My Friend - Be Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. I am sure I left a comment, but blogger ate it up. "sigh". Blogger.
    Not your fault, but I sure like hell remember your Bart-reference.
    Think one needs to safe comments! I am too frustrated to write it all down again!
    Long story short: I liked this post, cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long Story Short - Stay Brilliant

      Big Hugs My Friend,
      Cheers

      Delete
  11. The photography in this post is really amazing. Love that first photo. Congrats on the radio work and fitness successes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not Bad For An Old iPhone - Giving All The Credit To Mother Nature - Big Hugs Ivana

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. Beautiful pics af flowers and amazing scenic views! Congrats on your successes!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Paola - The Desert Landscape Is Blooming Like Crazy - Such Vivid Colors For Attracting All Those Pollinators - Sending Positive Vibes

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. Glad to see you back on the bike. I'd really love to send you some of our rain. The trails are still muddy! I do love a good Two Hearted Ale...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would Welcome The Rain With Open Arms - The Two Hearted Was On Sale - Stoked - Be Well Little W

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. Lovely pics, it is so obvious how much you love nature.
    P.S: I would love to try some of those beers ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Do - You And The Hubby Would Love These Brews - So Good

      Cheers

      Delete
  15. Very nice post. Pretty place, amazing flowers and photos. I love them. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring Here In The High Desert Is Simply Amazing - Enjoy Your Upcoming Weekend

      Cheers

      Delete
  16. Oh yeah... Lemon Pipers, Pink Floyd's A Momentary... after the departure of Roger Waters... and Keller William, Steve Miller so good and once you get the hang of it... oh yeah... just lovely. Thank you very much. And I'm curious to see if that also works with your radio across the pond :-)
    Great bike ride, love it. My last was along the Danube to Vienna. Many warm greetings to you. Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keller Williams , I Ever Got A Story For You - World Wide Streaming So Rocks - I Appreciate The Warm Greeting And Send Righteous Vibes

      Cheers

      Delete
  17. Your post is a very nice read, excellent photos and views. Love the moon shot, lot better than what I get. The book sounds great, I just placed a hold on it at our library. I like reading books that have dogs, some are much smarter than humans. :) Keep smiling and be happy, one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Mr Bill - Crazy How An Old iPhone Is Able To Capture That Eclipse Under Low Light Conditions - I Am Completely Floored About Inspiring Others To Read - Thanx A Million For Looking Into At The Library - You Will Get A Kick Out Of It For Sure - Be Well Mr Bill And Thanx Again

      Cheers

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. Much Appreciated - Sending Positive Vibes

      Cheers

      Delete
  19. Amazing flowers, great photos, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete