Wednesday, June 2, 2021

May 20BLK Jack Bye Bye Them Numbers

I Like To Dream        Yes Yes      Right Between The Sound Machine       On A Cloud Of Sound I Drift In The Night        Any Place It Goes Is Right      Goes Far Flies Near        To The Stars Away From Here     Well, You Don't Know What       We Can Find       Why Don't You Come With Me Little Girl        On A Magic Carpet Ride 


John Kay

MCR 1968

The highlight of the three day weekend was a day trip up to Crested Butte. 


Kebler Pass opened for the season on Friday so Saturday across the dirt road it was. My own excitement grew wildly as I anticipated up coming hidden features around the next curve. 


I wanted to share stories of how a massive black bear crossed the road here, a healthy bobcat walked this section of the road, or one of my go to camp sites was right over there on that lush hillside surrounded by serenity. 


But I quietly held the wheel at 10 and 2 and just listened to the chatter. The oldies quizzed The Dude and I giggled inside with my eyes facing out the windscreen. When an anxious driver rode up my A$$, I simply moved over and allowed them to pass on by. Trips me out how others wanna fly on this road and its only been open for two days. So much to miss when in a frantic hurried pace. 


And still rocking the long exposure thang and that is beautiful Mt Crested Butte. Summiting that peak offers stunningly gorgeous views. Jaw Dropping 


Here, in the above photo, couldn't believe my eyes. I would walk The Boy Dog to this trail head every morning as per our No Excuse Loop. This would be the exact point in which I would unclip the lead from his harness. Your Free Boy 


Some yahoo purchased this land and has leveled everything to the right of this shot. All the Aspens, gone.


And two building plots and a fire hydrant have replaced a grove of living organisms. As a disclaimer; the photo above and below slipped in out of order. Now, back to the story. 


The below photo is the virgin view. The new building sites are just to my left now. 


So here it is! The Dude walked down for a photo. He stands were a once flourishing plot of land covered in wildflowers and for providing shade for little critters scurried about in search of their next meal. It was heart wrenching for me to witness this destruction and knowing another absurd mansion while sit here empty for decades to come. 


Call me crazy but I just love that charming firehouse below. Everyday at high noon, the siren screams. Its a cool little reminder of we were are in the day. So Dig CB


If I didn't have to live with 9 roommates and work 5 jobs, would move there today.


Other than my own issues, CB is still CB.


The photo below is a classic. Asked the oldies to stand here for a photo opportunity. They talked the whole time and were very uncomfortable fulling my request.


So I switched over to LIVE mode and snapped off a second shot. The bounce feature is hilarious!!! And the loop feature, laughter with tears to my eyes. So I left you all with the long exposure effect. 


The above photo, where the saddle is covered in dotted snow, four happy elk stood in that meadow. Patrick pulled out his binoculars to confirm. Such Beautiful Animals


Once again, silly me, asked the oldies to stand on this bridge for another photo op. 


For me, I just never wanted to leave Created Butte. This day trip was satisfying and all but I itch to return. Soon Young Grasshopper 


And here we go, back to the big city of GJ. Yes, it appears to be an ominous storm front. Not even a single drop fell from the sky. Not A Drop


RADIO SHOW:

Pretty fired up to be hosting The Magic Carpet Ride tomorrow night. All I have premeditated so far is opening the show with Wide Spread Panic covering WAR's 1971 Slippin' Into Darkness and then working a Spearhead tune in there some where for PittBrownie.  


You'll be able to stream LIVE @ KAFMradio dot org. I go on air this Thursday June the 3rd at 6:30pm mountain time zone. I will once again ask the Dan Yankee to sign in for me so that you will be able to stream after the fact on the Spinitron playlist link. 


Brother Steve Reed And Olga Girl got me thinking the other day. They posted an anniversary blog posting and I wondered how my numbers stack up. Not comparing by any means but what are the numbers?? I have come to realize that without the luxury of WiFi, the comments have diminished. In all honesty, haven't been reaching out and surfing blogs these days. And Yes, I miss seeing the world through your blog postings. Really Do 


As well as, MY post lately have been rather weak. Overall, May was just a Phuc-D up month for me. I wore my pissy pants everyday, found myself shaking my head because of the behavior projected by fellow humans, and my general effort floated like a log in the unflushed commode.


NUMBERS:

Bike - 284mi / 457.15km

Run - 25.6mi / 41.19km

PR's - 5

Hours - 35 on the Bike

For The Year - 1,514.11 miles but that is absolutely nothing to brag about. May 2020 - 336mi / 540.74km, May 2019 - 788mi / 1,268.16, and May 2018 - 586mi / 943.17km for comparison. And almost all of my numbers for May 20BLK Jack came in the last week of the month. June, what do you have in store for me?? 

Hope you all stream Thursday Night, Adore Sunsets, And Follow Those Dreams,

Cheers 

61 comments:

  1. Great photos, Padre. Love those long exposure ones of the river. It was nice of the oldies to pose for a photo even though they were uncomfortable. Have a wonderful show on Thursday, I hope to tune in. Enjoy your day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't They The Best - The Oldies Are A Classic - Thanx For Always Supporting My Endeavors

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Thursday! I'll try.
    Love the Crested Butte series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope You Stream - Its Going To Be A Real Hoot - Big Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Luscious photos of beautiful subject matter. I really like the long exposure photos. Clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luscious, Always A Great Word - Thanx For The Positive Vibes

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Amazing pictures of beautiful landscapes! Great to see you in the top 3! Way to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Travis,
    Oh my, that makes you want to cry if you see those beautiful Aspen all being taken down for yet another building... Not much gain!
    You let your Boy Dog roam free at a heavenly trail; he must have been oh so happy and grateful.
    We've been in Tennessee near Cherokee Lake and only managed to do some walking. No fun as most roads are dead ends... and we could not bring our electra bikes, way too heavy and for that I'd have to borrow a friend's Ford Expedition... No thank you, love driving my short and quick turning Infiniti QX50!
    But tomorrow I'll get back on the pedals; missed it as it is kind of addictive.
    Glad you got to see that incredible mountain top view once more. Yeah, you're so right about people racing by life's little miracles. It is balsam for our soul and so many don't even see it, let alone soak it all up as a buffer for facing the ugly reality of life.
    Oh, did NOT like the shortage on premium gas and in Atlanta I'd had to pay $ 4.399... crazy! In Tennessee only $ 3.76 but of course that depends on the mayor in charge. Sick people that abuse power and thus all of us 'little working ants'.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Cried For Ya As It Literally Took My Breath Away - Walking Is A OK And Looking Forward To Your Next Riding Adventure - Four Bucks For Gas And Five Dollars For Milk - I Feel Like A Million Bucks But I Don't Have A Dime In My Pocket - Be Well My Dear

      Cheers

      Delete
    2. Just learned that today is World Bicycle Day... I'm ready, just waiting for Pieter to return from running errands!

      Delete
    3. Magic Was The First To Share With Me About The World Bike Day - Hope You Two Kids Went For An Adventure - Share Photos When You Can

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank You So Much - Not Too Shabby For An iPhone

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Me gusto las fotografias de viaje a ese monte te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E obrigado por acompanhar durante esta aventura para as montanhas

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Love the mountains. That photos of those trees is just gorgeous.
    Listened to the Radio Station but it's still Wednesday over your way :)
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Nice Breath Of Fresh Air - Hope You Catch The Show Tonight/Tomorrow Morning

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. Sometimes sad how nature just gets "carried away".
    I think (! uh, at times I do) at Hubby´s old village the siren also goes off at lunch time. My Brother now lives there, have to ask (better than thinking ...)

    9 and 5 - oh, boy.

    Silly is always GOOD. And yay for June, huh. And Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally Sad - I Giggle On The Time - Even When Its Inappropriate

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Like you sat Dude. So much to miss in the world for those whizz on by. I loathe those idiots who stick on my tail to make me hurry. But more than once I've seen them later up the same road flipped into the hedge . Karma. You're in a good place, stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurry Up And Wait - Pull Up A Chair And Sit On The Floor - Be Cool Brother

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Wow, gorgeous scenery and photos. It is a shame someone cleared the land. Tail-gaters make me want to scream, they are the worst. What's the rush! I would like walking on that trail, looks beautiful. Pretty flowers. Follow your dreams, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An Amazing Location And Some People Are Too Dang Rich For Their Own Good - And The Rush, I Believe Its Because There Is No Cell Service On That Road And They Might Be Missing Out - Many Dreams I Have - Big Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Você está tão certo, a paisagem é mágica - Me apaixonei por CB durante minha primeira visita

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. I so enjoyed your trip to Crested Butte. Beautiful scenery especially the birches. Beautiful trees, but they don't seem to be able to withstand New England Winters. Cute firehouse. Reminds me of a Fisher-Price play set. Congrats on making the top of the Leader Board. Himself always sees 11:11. My number is 08:18. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You For Following Along - I Feel In Love With CB During My First Ever Visit - Classic Fisher Price For Sure With Weeble Wobbles Inside - Numbers, They Are The Best - Kinda Like 7:47

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. No matter the speed we drive, people pass us on the highway. What is the hurry with everyone these days?

    Good luck with the radio show tonight. Enjoy every minute.

    Your photos are gorgeous as always. You bring the area to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always - Happens All The Time - Really Enjoyed Myself Tonight With Only A Few Boo Boos - Thanx For Such A Lovely Comment

      Cheers

      Delete
  15. That is sad about the building site. How many more houses do we need?! Honestly.

    Your blog numbers are really good! My comments run about 30 per post and views about 175-225. So you're way up there! Stats are fun but I don't pay a whole lot of attention to them overall, especially since a lot of those views are probably Russian bots. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right??? How Many More Empty Houses Do We NEED???? Agreed, Haven't Been Dwelling On The Numbers But Entertaining To Check Out - Even If They Are All Russian Spy's - However, Wish They All Would Subscribe On My YouTube Channel - Cash Would Be Nice

      Cheers

      Delete
  16. Me gusta esas montañas y el efecto de seda del agua en su tercera fotografía.

    Sabes disfrutar de la Naturaleza y obtener buenas instatáneas de ella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Os moutianos são mágicos e eu sou muito grato por você ter gostado deles - Obrigado por ser você

      Cheers

      Delete
  17. Great photos! I feel your pain re the destruction. Thanks for your kind words on my blog about my guinea pig.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  18. Birch and aspen are among my all time favorite trees. I do occasionally still come across birch trees here in the east, but not as often as I used to.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great song and lyrics. Haven't heard it in a long time. Really enjoying your long exposure shots that turn the water into molten lead! Wonderful that you got to go over the pass right after opening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally - Right Long Exposure There - So Good Hearing From Ya

      Cheers

      Delete
  20. Hi Travis, I really like the long exposure, really a great effect. I have never been to Crested Butte seems time never allowed to go to that side, I concur on the people in such a hurry and the "progress" it's like a slap. And like you say another mansion on the hill to muddle up the view. I will try to tune in IM not lucky with streaming so crossing fingers. TC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way Cool Effect And Pleased You Agree - Make A Trip When You Can Because Its So Worth It - Hope You Caught Some Of The Show Tonight As I Has A Blast

      Cheers

      Delete
  21. Thanks a lot =)

    Nice post =) I love mountains a lot, I want to climb some time =) The buildings are looking nice.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx - The Fresh Air Was Peaceful - The Building Remind Of A Model Train Set On A Real Time Scale - HA

      Cheers

      Delete
  22. I've been catching up. I got totally wrapped up in my garden and my new honey bees and have been having a hard time keeping everyone on the radar. It is great watching spring come to the mountains. You live in a gorgeous area, and nice you got to spend some time with the "oldies" too. Hope JUne has started off well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey Bees, What A Fabulous Hobby - The Western Slope Is Flippin' Gorgeous - The Oldies Are Highly Entertaining - Sending Positive Vibes Your Way - Thanx For Checking In

      Cheers

      Delete
  23. Yeah, my numbers are dropping too and I wonder why I even post anymore! But then I read my comments and fall in love with my people all over again.

    Nine roommates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please Don't Ever Give Up Posting - Your Posts Are Informalities And Enjoyable - I Just Haven't Been Surfing Much - OK, 8 Roommates In Order To Live In CB But At Least Five Jobs - Big Hugs Little W

      Cheers

      Delete
  24. Awesome photos, Padre!
    Love the smiles of the couple in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right On And Thank You Evi - Cute Couple Aren't They

      Cheers

      Delete
  25. Wonderful landscapes. I loved all the photos but I particularly liked the effect you gave to the photos with water.
    Have a great week
    Cheers and all the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really Enjoying The LIVE Feature And All The Options - Looking Forward To The Week Ahead - And All The Best To You As Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  26. Replies
    1. Beauty Is Around Every Corner - Sending Positive Vibes Around Your Corner of The World

      Cheers

      Delete
  27. I really enjoy your posts I hope the sitaution with your wifi can improve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You So Much And This Comment Means The World To Me - WiFi Is A Luxury At The Moment - Thanx For Checking In

      Cheers

      Delete
  28. That first photograph belong on a cover of National Geographic magazine. What a beautiful mountain view. It is great you enjoyed your day trip to Crested Butte. I imagine it was pretty amazing even if you didn't encounter any bears or other wild life.

    ReplyDelete