Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Cycling on Through



Dallas Divide - Mt Snuffles on the Left  
DANCING ALONG:

Dancing on the pedals is simply enjoyable. The freedom of riding in any direction at any point in time, righteous. Been focusing on driving my legs with the strength provided by my hips. I know my teeter-totter butt must look really funny from behind but who cares, RIGHT?? Plus, I am very comfortable with my full range of motion throughout my lower legs and ankles these days. Sometimes its just for the movement of it and other times its while powering out some watts. No Rhythm Or Reason

A Little Red Curry 
So I am cruising along with the crisp morning air fueling my cardio vascular system and the day quickly became the Wild Animal Kingdom Tour. Bald & Golden Eagles soared along the Colorado River, Beavers swam the narrow channels, Osprey circles above while the Turkey Vultures bothered them the whole time, darting rabbits scurried into the under brush, Blue Herons became aware of my existence & took flight, and grasshoppers were every where. One grasshopper flew along like a drunken good ol Saturday night with me and lands directly in front of my lead wheel. SPLAT!!! Its guts totally coats my right shin. So Gross

The Basket Is Dead Center of This Photo 

RADIO SHOW:

What An Experience!! If I was hosting my first ever show, I don't think that I would ever do it again. Right out of the gate, two people with two different types of distractions. Then, my iPhone took over my Mac. Crazy!! Any text "bing" on my Mac and over the airwaves, received a phone call and the FACETIME App opened up on my MAC, and then every possible window popped opened to ask about sync , allow, etc AND If that wasn't bad enough, an advisor board held a meeting in the other room which offered up all kinds of interruptions. How I Prevailed, Never Know!?! Anyway, it was a pretty damn diverse bluegrass and beyond show. Here is the LINK for the next two weeks. The highlight for me was the amount of transvalue phone calls. Loads of folks are regular listeners to Veta's Bluegrass and Beyond Show. They Clearly Appreciated My Wing-Nut The Style

Another Batch of Cleaner Yogurt 


ORTHO:

An older lady at the store dropped her grocery list on the laminated floor. Her fingers just wouldn't operate they way they used to and she wasn't able to retrieve her list. I happily picked up and handed her the fallen list. We chatted and I offer to work with her hand for a moment. She was skeptical but allowed me the opportunity. After reorganizing her digits, the smile across her face was unforgettable. She closed her hand "for the first time in years" and showed me her fist. Pure Relief



Be You And Think Of Others First,
Cheers

23 comments:

  1. I like the descriptive 'dancing on the pedals'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I Only Had A Partner For The Tandem Bike - Serious Dancing Would Take Place

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. I love you description of your commune with the animals and the woman you helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its Such A Beautiful Time Of Year Here In Colorado And So Lively

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. I love the freedom of bike riding too. I feel like a kid when I hop on my bike. Climbing is my favorite part :) I love that you saw all that wildlife and helped that woman. You're a good man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Couldn't Get Enough Time On My Bike When I Was A Kid - My Friends Played Basketball And Soccer And Football And All Of Those Commons American Games - Me, I Just Wanted To Ride To Where The Sun Meets The Water

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. How cool that you helped that lady's hand! The animal encounters sound pretty amazing too. (Well, except the grasshopper. That didn't end well for either of you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish You Could Ride The River Trail With Me Someday - You Guys Would Love It - Grasshopper Guts And All

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Very considerate of you to help the woman with her hand. Your ride sounds incredible, glad you enjoyed it and also that you shared it. I love your first photo, it's breath-taking.
    Enjoy the day, Padre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Am SO Thankful That You Stopped By Bill - I Have Been Enjoying Shooting Photos Again - Take Care

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. So cool that you were able to help that woman. The first photo is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the radio link Padre.. you had such a super experience communing with nature while you were dancing on the pedals, I'll never think of riding a bike any other way now 😁 How wonderful to do what you do, you would have made the older lady's day so much better, nice work ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perth, Thank You For Streaming!! You Continue To Bring Smiles To The WORLD. Much Love

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Enjoyed the Colorado bike ride! What kindness towards the poor woman. She will be ever grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx For The Positive Comment Ken - Nothing Like Riding Bikes In Colorado - Especially This Time Of Year

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. Running and biking give both a sense of freedom.
    Cool you helped that woman.
    And I also like your love for the animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Animals, Love Them All - Hope Your Running Mileage Is Picking Up These Days - Be Well Brother Man

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Aww...love rice and curry

    You seem enjoy riding bike...great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Love Making Red Curries - Plus, Everything Taste Better With Rice

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Nora, I Cant Thank You Enough!! I Have Never Thought Of Myself As A Writer. Thank You For Noticing And For Taking The Time To Drop A Comment. Much Appreciated

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, it is nice of you to help the woman. Love the mountain view and the food looks yummy. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I As Well Love These Mountain Views - Enjoy Your Weekend

      Cheers

      Delete