Thursday, February 14, 2019

Just A Typical ( Thursday ) Situation

Here ( KAFM )  Is My Radio Show Link From Feb 12th 2019. This particular show flipping rocked that 6am time slot. I was covering the show WAIT FIVE MINUTES and I went all in with a bipolar program.  Super Stoked About Its Flow


Started the show off with Primus covering Pure Imagination by Willy Wonks himself Gene Wilder. From There, Oh Baby


This show contest of cover tunes, mash ups, folk tales, hip hop, reggae, and classic rock. Highlighted artist would be Doona Summers, Martin Sexton, Amy Winehouse, WSP for Mr Pitt, The Cure, Peter Gabriel, Duran Duran, REM remix of Religion, The Police for Perth, & The Milkin' Blues. Turn It Up



Crossfit at Ridgeline:
#1 They tell us that this is NOT crossfit. Day #1 They didn't meet us in our model of the world. One of my workmates blasted herself and wasn't able to walk up or down stairs at work. She later told me that during the evening she almost died just trying to sit down on the throne. oops

They asked me why I wasn't sore and I happily explained that I half A$$ the whole workout. My sore workmate says, " But you finished before me everytime." I Smiled Like The Cheshire Cat. Now that I am getting up there in age, I have no problem managing lighter weights, riding slower, or thinking things through before diving in.

Day #2 went much better!! As everyone crawled into the "gym" , the owner realized what he had rendered and decided to focused on core, alignment, and stretching. For me, I enjoy this style a lot. We incorporated an exercise ball as a "cheater" and I am way OK with that. The owner slowed his movements/demos way down and passed on timed sets. Duh

YES!! Its Been Approved!! Its Really Happening 
Ortho-Bionomy:
Ortho is just so damn magical at times. It really is. I had a client with a jaw/neck issue. We were releasing her neck when "everything" sort of stopped. Just at that moment when you think that the nervous system won't allow it, reorganization happens. Its Dynamic As All Get Out

Working with the elder and those poor arthritic fingers is something special. Their aging eyes light up when a release happens. They always project the same habitual movements. They look at me, look at their hand, and slowly begin to light up as they close their fist for the first time in years. Best Day Ever



Valentine Day:
Last years V-Day was one week that will take me a long time to shake off. The Boy Dog was sick, I mean sick as a, well, him. He went something like 5 or 6 days without eating and was physically unable to walk for about a full 10 days.

I never left his side the whole time. I would lay on his bed with him and read to him during the day. We slept together on his bed. I would try my best to melt ice cubes along his lips in order to hydrate the poor guy. He even turned his head away from a cooked NY Strip. STEAK?!?!?

Watching him deteriorate from the high 90's to 77 pounds was the worst. Still stuns me knowing that he fought for another 6 months or so before I offered him the orange shot of death. Miss U Boy


I truly don't analyze that week as a sacrifice. He used to lay with me during my bouts with the flu, cuddle up next to me when I suffered through a head cold, or lay patiently in the hallway when I over indulged in adult beverages. HA

Together, for 13 years, we tackled everything!! And I spoiled him every Valentines Day. I made him regular batches of biscuits with all clean ingredients but on V-Day, they always had a little something extra slipped in. And of course I would pretend to eat one in front him. The Games I Played




Goals:

1) Ride Out To Loma And Back For Time
2) Support My Workmates In Various Ways w/o Bringing Attention To It
3) And Again, Throwing It Out There, Spending Time With Others During The Oscars



Love The One Your With, Enjoy This Evening Of Expectations, And Feel Free To Sit Knee 2 Knee With That Someone Special And Share With Them All Of THIER Best Qualities.

Cheers

16 comments:

  1. WSMFP!!! I'll give the show a listen to this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brother Pitt,
      I wonder if you might happen to have a guess about which cut. I am almost positive that its an original Panic tune but damn their interpretations of covers. One Hint: Its A Track From Their Show Right Here In GJ!!! 1996

      Cheers

      Delete
    2. Great tune, but it is not a Panic original. I think it's a Hot Tuna song, but it definitely sounds like it could be a super old blues tune. It's been a staple at Panic shows for quite a long time.

      Delete
    3. Bowlegged Women Is A Tuna Tune?!?!? Hot Damn

      Delete
  2. Nice work. I'll have a listen later, borders notwithstanding. I like your selection of music. It sounds like it was rather unprofessional of whoever to push people way too hard at exercise. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope You Enjoy The Show And That Link Is Only Good For About 10 More Days.

      A little more information here, there were 4 of us and 3 of us are athletic. This whole idea with this gym idea was for a team building "retreat". Sort Of.

      So the blame is 50% , 40%, & 10%
      With Practice, Patience, Friendship, & Encouragement, She Will Prevail.

      Thanx For Checking In Mr Drew,
      OxoxoxO

      Delete
  3. "Now that I am getting up there in age, I have no problem managing lighter weights, riding slower, or thinking things through before diving in." Excellent! Half your ass all your brain, well done!

    I remember last Feb with Gus in his state of decline. Putting on his harness and having it way to big for him really hit home that he wasn't going to get any better. They are in our lives for such short period of times, and they pack so much joy into the time we do get to share with them.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remounting the harness, I felt that one. Big Hugs Beth!!

      When the Boy Dog stepped on the scale at the vets before here received his IV, I really thought that maybe one of his paws missed the scale. 77 Pounds Was Frightening.

      But he always flashed me those expressive eyes of his and he knew just how to make me smile again.

      I will have to say that if dogs lived as long as humans, I WOULD HAVE A PHUC-N FARM of dogs.

      Thanx For Your Kind Words
      Please Hide A Treat For Jax From Uncle T

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Absolutely - Better Than Any Human Relationship - Your Photos Sure Have Improved During This Calendar Year - Keep Snapping Away Magic

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Loved the Boy Dog Valentine's Day memories Padre πŸ’™ Yup me too, I listened to your radio show also, your station master will be wondering at your rating figures from Australia πŸ˜‰ I spent VD in bed with flu, sooooo romantic πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Appreciate Your Feed Back Perth!!
      Thanx Ever So Much For Streaming The Show. Just Happened To Have A Look And There Are 42 ( its that always the correct number ) Listens So Far. Totally Blew My Mind.
      Sending Healthy Vibes Your Way And My Weekend Is Slated To Be A Stellar One For Sure.

      Thanx 4 Being You,
      Big Hugs

      Delete
  6. I just love your attitude. I know how you felt about V Day with Boy Dog. My dogs are always there to lie with me when I need it. When my dogs are really sick, I don't resent lying with them for as long as they need it. In retrospect, I always remember those times of just "being" with my dogs, usually toward the end of their lives, as the most special times of my life. I'm not expressing it very well but I think that you get it.

    I'm still keeping "smiling" and "looking for the best in people and the world" at the top of my list of goals. You inspired them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KB Bear,
      Continue To Seek The Best Possible Outcome. I Appreciate Your Kind Words. Thank You!!

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Jamming that broadcast this morning, good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brother Rob E,
      Outstanding News!! I am interested in your feed back regarding likes and dislikes. Have A Wonderful Week.

      Cheers

      Delete