Thursday, April 16, 2015

Its Snowing!!

Thank you all so much for thinking snow!!! Big flakes, very wet, and the Boy Dog was stoked!!! Out the door we went!!!


Training:

Today is exactly what we needed here in the Grand Valley, Wet , Heavy, Massive Flakes!!! After almost a full week of training and finding my groove after the twins departed, I am feeling much better after a 3 damn day hang over. SideNote… The Blue Z, The Dude, Den, Rob, & Myself threw more than a few back at the Ale House. Our bartender gave us as many samples as we wanted!!! Nitro, Porters, Oak Barrel Aged I.P.A., & beers that I would never buy. This is how we ends a two week bender. Like Real Toxic
So Tuesday I woke up feeling rough and thats an understatement!!! Walked the Boy Dog to start the day & he continuously looked back my way as if to say," Pick It Up!! This Pace Doesn't Work For Me!!" Rode the bike down to the gym for a chest workout. All exercises were slow and controlled. I was quite surprised that I was able to stay with the weight per my schedule and not wusssssss out. The gym was wide open and empty so my 60min ( normal) time dropped to 45min. Total score & elevated my heart rate. The ride home almost felt better!?!?!?!












Wednesday was a solid shoulder and triceps day. Woke up still feeling kinda hung over but our morning outing went much better. I didn't use the Garmin but the Boy Dog thinks in was about an 11 min mile walking pace. My hips rolled much looser and I didn't feel as if I was heel striking. Like I Said… Finding My Groove Again

Clients:


A very dear friend of my at my bank asked me if I could help her fingers. She has had numbness in her hand and her neck has been bothering her big time. She came to the office and I quickly explained to her that I might not "fix" her in just this one session. She Smiled!! We had a fantastic session!! She was so pleased and alive when she left. Her arm didn't ache, she claimed that her neck and head felt like it was on a swivel, and her low back "wasn't talking to her". How much fun was that???

Saw another boy, my diabetes boy's parents referral, he rolled his ankle playing basketball and showed up on crutches. It was obviously that he was guarded and I asked him if I could try a new release on his hand that I just learned. He almost immediately calmed down just by me working on his wrist and elbow. By opening up his hands and neck, he started discharging out his mouth and talked on and on which is so healthy!! His mom just starred at me completely speechless. The boy tried to convince me that he could walk out of the office w/o his crutches. Classic
Another new client came in with questions about what I am doing. She came to me from our local gym where I posted a flyer. She tested me by saying that she wasn't going to tell me what hurts. " Thats Gr8!!" Lets push out all that justifications and get to work. Come to find out, shifting her sacrum " fixed " her neck!! Afterwards, I explained to her that I picture a humans spine like a shovel in the dirt. The sacrum is like the spade, the vertebras are the shovel handle, and picture yourself digging in the garden. You step on the spade and use the handle like a fulcrum. What happens if you dig down to deep and the handle slips out of your hand?? That release in the handle is violent and now your head is being whipped around like that after an accident. I even made the sound of a handle shaking back & forth while the spade is in the ground. And by doing a very simple ankle release, she tells me her knee isn't bothering her. What A Session!!! My nervous system was rebooted and I even felt totally alive!!! She asked for my Biz Card, Ortho works like that!! Love It



Radio: We are hosting our Spring Fund Drive this week!! I will be sitting in with The Blue Z during his Magic Carpet Ride. Allow Yourself To Pledge At 970.241.8801 & mostly likely I will be answering the phone during his show!!!



Commuter Bike: Strong start to the month on the commuter bike and then dropped off pretty quickly with the twins in town. I still rode to the Letterpress for work everyday and ran errands but nothing extra. I was able to get them on the bike once but I really got the sense that they weren't into it too much. I wasn't racing or riding crazy or trying to intimidate them by any means. I even filled my panniers with an ice pack and PBR just for them. The next few times I brought up a ride downtown or to the Ale House, I was left with a room full of the sounds of crickets echoing on.

This week has been better on the miles and I might hit 400 miles by the end of the month. So far this week, 35 miles on the commuter, hope to ride the Yeti Saturday during the 18 RD Rumble. Again, this snow is what we need as it will melt by this afternoon, dry out of Friday, and be "raceable" on Saturday. If If If we can keep all the dipsh*ts off the trails until then.


End of Throwing Them Back: I am totally surprised by how many opportunities keep coming up to drink when I said NO MORE after Monday's Ale House Fest. I was answering phones on Tuesday at KAFM and the other phone operators were throwing back our local Off Belay I.P.A.'s and just I couldn't do it. Without thinking, I started to reach for one, my gut said DUDE?!?! Plus, that I.P.A. is incredibly tasty!!! So for me to just say no, WoW. Wednesday I was asked if I wanted to hit the Copper Club for a pint. I declined with a " Thanx 4 Asking But I Need A Break "
Then, After Working Out, I found a Ranger in the refrigerator and almost cracked it without thinking about it. Water Water H2o!!! No worries from here on out as Saturday is a race day and next week I will be in the office all week. Back on track, tough week, back to the basics, lifting, riding, and trail running with Shadow Boy!!! AWESOME

Shadow Boy Will Focus On Our Marathon Schedule After A Nap 





No comments:

Post a Comment