Monday, July 29, 2024

Day 18 of 21

Motoring Right Along Here Folks 


These flavorful meals are a hit for sure. Friday night was our annual Opening Olympic Ceremony party at The Dude's place. We request that you bring a host country dish as an offering. Always a big hit and this has been a tradition of ours going back to the 1988 Olympics in Soul Korea. That was in honor our high school teammates Lars Jorgensen ( 1500m Free ) and Kirk Stackle ( 200m Breaststroke ) whom represented the 88' Olympic Squad. I believe they both were in the top 20 of their heats but I could be wrong with those placements. Where Is My Mind 

A another very memorable and impactful moment was witnessing the Olympic Torch runner during the Smell A Games in 1984 run down our street. We have an actual printed photo somewhere from that event. I also have a photo with the torch runner from the 2002 Winter Games in Salt Lake City. Anyway , The Dude & I will always be avid Olympic watchers. Bring On The Games 

Regular weekend breakfast consists of steel cut rolled oats with nuts , dried fruits , and fresh fruits. Just depends on what I have on hand. Chia seeds , cashews , almonds , and raisins are usually a topper of sorts. Yogurt and homemade granola are the quick goto when I am running late. Or Flipping Lazy 

Lunch is usually a smoothies and/or leftovers from the previous evenings feast. I say feast because I have been consuming a ton of it. Preparations for the Olympic Party , I whipped up a plant based noodle dish that absolutely rocked!! Crushed tomatoes , green onions , red/yellow bells , garlic , green olives , and leeks and I conveniently labeled this dish as a Coastal Mediterranean Rivera Pasta Dish. Classic 

Last night's Lentil Dish was unbelievable. The fresh herbs and spices are the secret ingredients for these dishes. My curry dishes in the past have always been just ok but now that I am all in on flavors these days, Oh Doctor!! Turmeric, ginger, garam masala, and cayenne are main staples for sure. Who doesn't love coconut milk?? This particular dish hit 13 grams of protein, 6 grams of fat, 0 grams of trans fats, and a powerful 16 grams of fiber. I am basically averaging 105 grams of protein and 46 grams of fiber per day. On top of that , popping a B12 pill about every other day and drinking an EmergenC almost once a day. When I Remember 


Stay Groovy,

Cheers 

 

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Travis,
    Those spices make all the difference and that's why we loved the food in South India—they know all about good tasting vegan food!
    Enjoy your route and stay on course.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. El hacer ejerccio, hace aumentar el apetito.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pic from the Olympic torch run in 1996, I think it was?

    ReplyDelete