Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Another Calendar Page Flips Over - Happy May Flowers

Let's Get Down To Business Shall We       Its Time We Stop Playing Games      Let's Get Down To Business Shall We        Let's Quit This Lame Pretense       And Tackle This What Shackles Us All Of This Pressing Business       Well, Why Didn't You Tell Me That Things Had Gotten This Bad      I Was Off In My Own Little World      And I Couldn't See       Through Your Taichi        That I Was Being So Sad     Well, Why Didn't You Tell Me That Things Were Falling Apart       I Was Off In My Own Little World     And Didn't Discern        Your Slow Burn         Amidst All These Fluttering Hearts 


Wide Spread Panic

Written by James C. Dungan 1976


CYCLING:

Colorado has produced stunning sunrises and sunset during the whole month of April. Ride after ride, trail after trail, day after day, beauty resurfaces in 360 degree enlightenment.


Found my legs about mid month. Powering my cranks with just more than my quads. The balls of my feet actually feel the pedals under them, my ankles revolve in full range of motion, both knees are in alinement, and my scrappy little butt cheeks are propelling my quads forward and engaging my hamstrings on the way back up. Raw Power 


Monday through Friday, I ride in solitude along the River Trail, mostly. The birds sing to me as I pass, the White Tail deer walk the shallow Colorado River banks without noticing my passer by actions, and the Bald Eagles produced two "healthy" baby eagles. Life Is Good 


The Above Photo, What Do You See?? Looking Forward To Your Imagine Running Wild And Please Leave Your Observations Below. 


GYM:

Lifting has been mediocre at best. On the positive front, forgot how much one gains with the foam roller. My mobility and ROM has dramatically improved. And guess what??? My hips are in much better shape and my midnight sleep aches have magically gone away. 


Zero heavy weights have been lifted on my part. I choose to burn my muscle groups with rubber resistant bands and lots of controlled movements. Examples - I stand on a resistant band, cross the band in front of me, so looking at myself in the mirror, the band makes in X in front of my knees, I then side step 10 steps to the left, 10 steps to the right. 10 Happy Sets. Bench Press, just the bar, 20 reps, 10 sets. That Good Burn  


ROADIE:

Mid week last week, packed up the automobile and headed east. The mountains were simply calling my name with thin air howls.


Wasn't planning on a trip to Marble but knew where I could sleep for free, hassle free, and plenty of spring water. 


And throwing a little plastic sounded rather attractive. Most of the course was bone dry and the wind was minimal. 


My putts were on fire!! Not the best day of driving off the tee box and the mid range was fairly accurate. 


But couldn't miss a putt. My putter hasn't flown that level in many moons. Wish I Knew The Secret


The below photo was home for the night. As you could imagine, peaceful as all get out. 


The mountain fresh air was flipping cold but clear as can be. Which totally caught me off guard. GJ's winter temperatures flirted with single digits and stayed below freezing for a high this past winter. Now, here in Marble, only 34F / 1.1C , felt icy cold to me. 


The evening sky was brilliant. Stars were stacked upon stars!! So many twinkling stars that picking out constellations was rather challenging. Dim to bright satellite raced south to north with a sporadic one mixing up the predictable pattern. 


The moonless night created an unforgettable three dimensional blanket of stars overhead. The kind of night were your neck hurts from starring up for too long.  


But dozing off under these conditions offered up a peaceful rest. Nothing better than waking to life with this view. 


The Poor Crystal River!!! Notice how the snow is almost gone, its early May, and this would be the run off of 20BLK Jack The weird thing to me, the water along the banks was warm. I anticipated the shock and loosing my breathe when I dipped my feet in. But Nope


FRIENDS:

I met a kid a few months after I moved here to GJ. He followed a lady out from Oakland California. We have always been friends and our lives intertwine like ivy in the redwoods. 


He went down the family avenue and has successfully raised two productive daughters. His oldest just completed her freshman year at Duke. Full Ride By The Way.


He reached out to a number of us and informed us that he was NOT allowed to throw a surprise birthday party for his wife. She turned the big 4-0 and wasn't game for a big party and all those accolades.


So the mass text went out, if we wanted to stop by their shop randomly, no gifts, wish the wife a happy happy, I made the adventure, so thankful I did.


And damn it was great!!! They both look amazingly healthy and content together. Two love birds full of life and they still have their whole lives ahead of them. 


I throughly enjoyed the random stray folks walking through their shop doors, the laughter that was shared by all, and watching the wife while shouting out, " And You Guys!! Just Happen To Be Stopping By!?!?" Classic 


The Next Day, Hung Out With This Guy. He was so excited to see me that he brought over a stick and his bear toy. At the same time of course. Dogs, just gotta love em 

RADIO SHOW:

Turns out, there is a way of streaming shows afterwards. If you would like to indulge , follow these easy steps - Thanx Perth!! 

#1 go to KAFM #2 click the ON-AIR tab and that drop down will give you about six options. Just click PLAYLIST #3 This loads the current play list. Across the top of that page, Click CALENDAR, navigate back to May 1st. #4 click the 3pm BLONDE ROOTS with DJ Dan Yankee. Dan Yankee also hosted the 6am time slot so only click on the 3pm show Blonde Roots. #5 you will then be on a page with only one song, Imagine by the Beatles. My email no longer works for logging in so I asked my buddy Dan to log in and add the Beatles. #6 Simply click on that PLAY BUTTON next to the date and time. Do NOT click on the Beatles. And DO leave your feedback here on this blog.

 

This link will begin with the Entertainment Calendar. I featured the 1960's TV show The Munsters!! Loads of music from that era. Such as, Donovan, Humble Pie, Curtis Mayfield, Outlaws, and 4 trivia questions as well. After you click on the play button, COUNTING runtime 03:03:07pm BEGINS Blonde Roots with The Munster's Original Theme Song. It is a hot and muddy recording by my standards but worthy of a listen. And I Thank You In Advance 

 

May The 4th Be With You,

Cheers 

83 comments:

  1. Lindo perrito y me gusto los paisajes . Ren un lindo mayo. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cachorro super engraçado e obrigado por suas palavras gentis - Com certeza fez meu dia

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Dearest Travis,
    Hah, watched from your office window as #9.
    We have thunderstorms and pouring down; tomorrow a well.
    Love the dog bringing you his bear toy + stick!
    That Birthday surprise worked out well and good for her; you only reach 40 once.
    Icy cold water and still some snow on the ground... hard to imagine for us here!
    Lovely mountain view.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You #9 - Love Potion #9 Comes To Mind - Thunderstorms Are Amazing - Lived A Few Short Years On The Frontstrange Of Colorado - Loved Watching Those Cumulus Nimbus Build, Run Towards Me, Spitting Lightning Bolts, Dropping Hail Storms, And Moving On To Reck Havoc In Kansas - The Surprise Couldn't Have Gone Any Smoother And She Was A Delight About It - Always Pleasant Views From 8,000ft - Thanx For Joining The Strava Team!!! You Rock

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Clever dog - lovely photos, all of them and you have had a busy time it seems doing all those things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clever, Good Word - Stay As Busy As One Can

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Hey Padre, watched your time lapse video through your office window. Another great view. Great photos of your days and I certainly would love to wake up to the beautiful view like the one in your photo. The dog is giving you a choice to play a gave of fetch. Maybe you can alternate with the stick and bear, he won't mind. :) Great show last Sat. night. The Munsters brought back some memories of watching tv in the 60s. The voices sound the same and bring you right back to those days and what we thought was funny now sounds dorky. Another nice report on your happenings, have a wonderful week, take care and keep on smiling. Till next time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You For Watching Mr Bill - Makes My Heart Smile - Excellent Way To Slumber From The Sleeping Bag - You Streamed!!!! Outstanding!!! Wish I Aired The Phone Calls - You Could Literally Feel The Joy In Those Callers Voices As They Relived Childhood Memories - And Herman, What A Iconic Voice - Always Appreciate Hear You Speak Your Truth

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Hello,
    I would be so distracted by the skies and scenery I would be falling off the bike, lol. Beautiful photos, loved the time lapse video and music. The doggie is so cute and playful. The birthday surprise party sounds like a fun time. Have a great day and week ahead. Enjoy the fun times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too Funny - Pulling Over And Just Being Helps - Thanx For Chiming In Regarding The Soundtrack - Very Entertaining NON Surprise Birthday Gathering - Yes, Fun Times With Dynamic People

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Ha! I love the dog with the stick AND the bear toy. Dogs are so enthusiastic about everything! LOL!

    You captured some amazing skies, and though I don't know a thing about frisbee golf, that landscape looks amazing -- a great place to hang out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Incredibly Enthusiastic - And Never An Ulterior Motive - Just Prue Happiness - Thanx For Watching The Time Lapse And Its A Peaceful Hang Out Spot

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. You lift zero weights and I lift 2kg! Two months ago I would not know know what rubber resistant bands were. I do now, thanks to my physiotherapist.

    A good laugh about turning 40.

    I saw your video already on Youtube. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classic - The Bands Are Fantastic - So Beneficial And Self Regulating - Cant Thank You Enough For Watching

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. ...the calendar flips faster and faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Sh*T - 20BLK Jack Is Flipping Ripping On By

      Delete
  9. The cycling alone sounds wonderful but camping under those stars sounds like a piece of heaven. You’ve had a full month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes & Yes & Yes - April Was Solid - Looking Forward To This Months Full Moon

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. I do enjoy cycling with you. You do all the work and I see amazing scenery. 😺 In the clouds, a wolf and a lamb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic!!! Best Reply Ever!!! Its Those Wonderful Words That Keep Me Motivated - WOLF & LAMB, Love It

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Oh WOW, your photos are absolutely stunning!!
    And camping under the stars...I can only dream of such an experience. It must've been truly amazing!!
    Have a great May...gosh, almost halfway through the year already! Scary!! 😱😉

    A Hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How Wonderful Hearing From You - Always Makes My Month - Car Camping Under The Stars Is Truly Magical - And All The Nocturnal Sounds As Well - Keep On Keeping On

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. Superb photos as always!
    Love the dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You For Such Kind Words - Happy Dogs Are The Best

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Wish It Was Happening Next - Will Be Missing The Annual Migration To Red Rocks - Stay Greasy Brother Pitt

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. Camping in that beautiful area sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally Amazing - Would Love To Stay A Week

      Cheers

      Delete
  15. Beautiful sky-pics.
    I see a gnome floating on his back.

    Any tips for using rubber resistant bands against an aching back/neck on one side? I got scoliosis and can´t get a date at the doc.
    I do "gymnastics" my old doc gave me.

    Beautiful but cold. Here just the latter. 4 C in May, coldest April since 1980, I´m really getting sick of it. And certainly no stars in the city. Miss the Outback...
    What´s with the rusty vehicle?
    I hate birthday-parties, too, successfully avoided that since age 15.
    Cute, bringing a toy.
    Nice music and wow that sky.
    The Munsters, though, were way before my time. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gnome, Right On - Plenty Of Exercises - Lumber Jack Would Be The First That Comes To Mind - Only Slow And Controlled Though - Coldest April On The Books, Savor It - Its An Old Working Piece Of Art - A Miners Tool Really - Celebrate Your Youth My Friend And Enjoy Those Milestones - That Dog Is So Cute - Thanx So Much For Watching The Video - Worthy Of A Listen - Be Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  16. The view of the sky moving along with the tinkling of the piano in your timelapse video: super !.
    The editing is so cool.

    Love your days.
    Stay safe and stay cool.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent - Stoked You Watched It As I Know There Have Been Issues In The Past With My Links - Could You Watch Those Fronts All Day Or What

      Be Cool,
      Cheers

      Delete
  17. Oh my bloomin' gosh (the polite version 😉) I cannot get the link to your radio show to work, believe me I have tried! I give up and will wait for your next current show. I'm thinking I may have to invest in a personal trainer to whip me into shape, my own efforts are hit and miss :) I see a dragon flying through the sky in pic four, aka ice dragon in Game of Thrones :) April was a good month Padre, hope May has begun in positively, keep well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer - And You Would Totally Appreciate The Show - Dragon, Totally - April Was A Good Month And Flew On By - Big Hugs Perth

      Cheers

      Delete
  18. Great photos here!Like your post always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx B - And Sure Do Enjoy Your Photos As Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  19. I love that birthday surprise! I'm not a lover of surprises myself, but that would be right up my alley. Low key and just kinda fun. Sounds like a great guy, coming up with that for his wife.

    I see a bird with a giant beak in that cloud--almost prehistoric. But you know i see dinosaurs in fallen trees, so there's that...trail running will do that to a person, lol

    Speaking of trails, those mountain trails are beautiful. Looks like you had a nice little getaway and your disc golf was on point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He Is A Great Guy - Me, I Cherish Gatherings - Birthdays, Wedding, etc - Prehistoric Vision, Nice - The Mountains Are Magnificent - Putts Were On Point And Ears Rang Because It Was So Peaceful

      Cheers

      Delete
  20. Your sky captures are a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Boy I'm so tired just reading your amazing cycling, fitness gyration and energy levels. Compared to you I'm a couch potato. Stay cool dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Phil But Never Compare - Somedays, A Couch Is Rather Attractive - Always Appreciate Hearing You Speak Your Truth

      Cheers

      Delete
  22. Had to chuckle at the road grader. Really shows how much has changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Kidding - If That Rusty Old Guy Could Share Tales

      Cheers

      Delete
  23. Absolutely refreshing =) Happy May too.

    Great post, I like it when the sky is so colourful <3 I could watch this for hours. The roadtrip sounds great, love trips in forests with lakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy May - April Sunsets Were Impressive - Now, Its Bluebird Days

      Cheers

      Delete
  24. The Crystal looks pretty sad, hope that changes at some point. Great cycling and the band workout good idea. Love the doggie gifts to you, what a generous pooch. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As You Are Well Aware And You Should See Glenwood - The Bands Burn Like No Other - Such A Happy Pooch

      Cheers

      Delete
  25. Seems gym works good on you, free muscle and joint pain.
    The roads are challenging!

    Love your photos!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I Had More Time For The Gym These Days - Thanx For Having A Look

      Cheers

      Delete
  26. It’s so nice to start and end a day with such fabulous skies of sunrise and sunset. Solitary ride being tuned into nature is perfectly lovely. A mythical creature is flying in its ever-changing figure.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some Of The Best Starts To The Day And A Relaxing Way To End The Day - Good On You - Dig That Creative Eye

      Cheers

      Delete
  27. What a beautiful sky! You can dream :) Beautiful views.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have some gorgeous views in this post. What beautiful skies. Now that leaves are coming in here sky views get harder to see unless they are overhead. And true. You got to love dogs. Two things in his mouth are definitely very very excited. Thanks for visiting me blog. Hope May is going well so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outstanding - So Love Good Dogs - Excited Dogs Are Even Better - May Has Had Its Challenges - Thanx For Checking In - Stay Strong

      Cheers

      Delete
  29. Looks like you had some great adventures. The dog is super adorable, hope you guys got to play for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Playtime With Dogs Is The Best - Adventure On There Brother Man

      Cheers

      Delete
  30. The mountain photographs took my breath away. What a beautiful track. So great you could enjoy it.
    It is good that you found a work out that works for you.
    Happy 40th birthday to your friend. It makes sense she does not want a party in these circumstances but would rather people just stop by to say hi. It is good you were able to do that. You are right. The two have their life ahead of them, all the best to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right On - Pleased They Captured Your Heart - So Glad I Popped In - We All Have So Much To Live For - Thank You For Always Making An Appearance Here

      Cheers

      Delete
  31. Wonderful selection of skies, I especially loved the first 2 photos of the sunset.
    Beautiful landscapes.
    I always love to watch your videos, there is a constant harmony between the images of the sky showing the passage of time and the selected music.
    Greetings and all the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mesmerizing For Sure - Thank You For Watching The Videos - And Thank You For Taking The Time To Check In

      Cheers

      Delete
  32. Your Marble trip sounded perfect. Peaceful, fun, and those stars!!! Lucky you. The river and the dryness sure are concerning though. We've been catching up on snow this spring but I hear that it hasn't spread across the Divide.

    Keep riding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peaceful And Fun It Was - Always Brings A Smile To My Heart Hearing From Your Side Of The Divide - Big Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete
  33. Send some of your energy my way, please. I would love to camp out under the open stars, but I'm such a baby when it comes to cold weather. Plus, Indiana doesn't have such beautiful scenery to wake to.
    Have a great week, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending - The Weather Was A Perfect Trade Off - Be Well My Friend - Be Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  34. I love reading your blog because your posts are so rich of so many things: useful informations, amazing pics, interesting stories, yours or of the people you know and now you also share beautiful and fascinating music with us.
    Hugs, stay well and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These Were The Words I Longed For - Without Realizing It, Your Words Speak Volumes Tonight - Thank YOU So Much

      Cheers

      Delete
  35. Son preciosas las fotografías.

    Gracias por visitar mi blog.

    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Que palavras maravilhosamente amáveis ​​- muito obrigado pela visita

      Cheers

      Delete
  36. Wonderful shots darling
    Thanks for share
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Always like to see your fun, nature adventures. That dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super Adorable - Thanx For Checking In

      Cheers

      Delete
  38. OMG. Those poor guys. 18 grandchildren! Five is enough for us. I made a special effort today to find you another Barn Owl. And I did.

    ReplyDelete