Monday, January 4, 2021

Welcome To 20BLK Jack

I Cant Stop This Feeling     Deep Inside Of Me     Girl, You Just Don't Realize     What You Do To Me      When You Hold Me In Your Arms So Tight       You Let Me Know Everything Is Alright       I Am Hooked On A Feeling       I'm High On Believing        That Your In Love With Me 

Mark James 1968

Blue Swede


DECEMBERS NUMBERS:

Activities - 20

Hours - 37 

Miles - 443 / 712.93km

PR's - 6

Snowshoeing - 6.7mi / 10.78km

X-MAS:

One of the best Christmas Days in many damn moons?? Quite possibly the best day in decades if I remove the fact that I truly STILL miss walking The Boy Dog at sunrise on Christmas mornings. This "best" statement is totally debatable as my steel cage memory is most indestructible nowadays. Sure 

This particular morning of 12/25/2020 was well spent enjoying, tentatively intensively watching, and being apart of my Grand Nephew and Grand Niece ripping open there gifts. Both kids were in great moods, at the perfect age for the holidays, and NO melt downs all morning. When the booze came out after breakfast, I made the veteran move and ducked out. I still had chores on the list, meal fixings, and not looking for a 1pm nap.

The above photo was sent to me and I loved it. Tooting my own horn here, I have nailed Labor Day, Halloween, Turkey Day, and Christmas Day Dinners!! I prepared a three bone prime rib to perfection and damn proud of it for a Christmas Feast. If you are not vegan, this was mouth watering, tender, and ideally spiced to the wondering palate of excellence. And Yes, those are cloves are garlic that I inserted before roasting away. Hot Damn 

And to top off the night, pedaling around town, checking out Christmas Lights. Yes, it was cold as all get out but so worthy of an adventurous outing. And maybe, just maybe, my belly was full of holiday spirits, propelling myself through the neighborhood streets. You know, conquering the mean streets of GJ. 

PERSONAL DISCOVERY:

Finished my house sitting gig yesterday and I took that opportunity of down time while house sitting to read over a few of my old personal growth books. I relaxed into the couch while reflecting, pondering, and evaluating my situations. The reoccurring theme was the only limitation is my willingness to put in the work. 

And that of course opened me up to the "best" Christmas. I felt so grounded and very present leading up to the holidays. Then, the revelation hit, at my age, I missed my window. When I admire someone, their unresolved baggage becomes the fore front. There is some wacky EX that comes into play, their still floundering in life, or unable to hold a job for more than a year at a time. Sure hope I find a partner that proves me wrong. Someone that is willing to challenge me mentally. A partner that hasn't been passed around this town and possibly physically will to put in the effort to seek the best possible outcome. Real Romance 

SNOW:

Redemption time and that felt wonderful AND gave me the sense of freedom from my earlier emotional conviction. After the Valley received about two of the first three inches of snow, I shoveled out all of the neighbors. Yes, even those Trump Loving Neighbors. So Satisfying!! In reality, it only mattered to me. I am referring to THIS HERE post of mine under the paragraph entry titled stressed. Was not at all being the better person, nor seeking the best possible outcome back then. Very selfish choice that day but that's all in the history books now. Hell Yes 

And the snow just arrived in time for a Full Moon snowshoe trek over the crystalized snow covered lakes. The Blue Z, The Dude, Little BLK Dog, & I headed for the Grand Mesa and ended up scampering along the well established West Bench Trail. Was it cold?? Like Phuc'n Cold!! 11F / -11c when we started out but it was the bone chilling breeze that worked its magic across our faces. Once we were in the trees, our body produced enough BTU's for optimal tromping around, it wasn't so bad. But any open space exposure became brutally challenging. However, back at the car awaited a thermos full of Hot Water, packages of organic rich Roelle dark cocoa powder, and Kraken Rum as our reward for braving through the "refreshing" elements handed down by Mother Nature. Oh Baby 


METEORS:

The Blue Z came out to set up his kick A$$ telescope for the conjunction and wow were there a ton of meteors streaking by in the night sky. The conjunction was fascinating to observe over the two weeks leading up to big display of a christmas star but the night of was righteous on all accounts. We see constellations move across the night sky but as two plants come together and leap frog each other is something to be seen, studied and appreciated. Oh, and the satellites were in abundance as well.  

ASTRONOMY:

January has so much to offer during the night time hours. Its all free and happening whether or not I am in tune. First, check out Mars these days. Its so red in comparison to normal stars that fill the sky above. Early this month, Sirius is hanging out there and M41 is right there as well. Almost visible with the naked eye. By the 8th of January, Mercury makes its appearance. But the big news from now until mid week is the Quadrantid Meteor Shower happens. Like Way Cool!! Oh, and the full moon this month is on the 28th. I will find myself above 9,000ft / 2743meters that evening. So get yourself outside and just enjoy. 

CYCLING:

My bike bestowed on me freedom. Its such a simple companion. My bike doesn't require fueling, it doesn't require a paid registration, my bike is mine which is paid for from my hard earned dollars, its resilient no matter the elements of the day, and its the most reliable tool for traversing across this beautiful planet. I sure do love my bike and I love Mother Earth even more. 

I have never strapped on a wing suit and jumped from a cliff in order to experience the flight of freedom. But my bike, its my means of freedom. Its my freedom from daily distractions, breaking away from the bills that need to be paid, or the freedom to just be and see what I see. I'm not sure if my increasing watts are aiding my needs for adrenaline. Am I using speed as a weapon or could this be my own survival tool. Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy 


2020 NUMBERS:

Hours - 423

Activities - 277

PR's - 92

Elevation - 108,788ft / 33,158.58meters / 20.61mi

Miles on the Bike - 4,884.4 / 7,860.67km

Hiking - 48.1mi / 77.41km

River Miles - 28.3mi / 45.54km

Snowshoeing - 17.3mi / 27.84km

Swimming & Lifting - Unknown Numbers

Now for the excuses!!! 1) Sun was in my eyes 2) I vacationed in Sunny San Diego in February and ( HERE ) is that post 3) Only rode the 98mi / 157.71km to honor The Boy Dogs would be Birthday Month August 1st. Then the Wild Fires coated the Valley Floor with ash. That post is ( HERE ) if you wanna check out some photos 4) Simply just gave up mid December. I was at 317mi / 510km on the 12th of December and then basically threw in the towel. And totally OK with that decision. However, this was the first time in three years that I failed to meet the insurmountable 10,000km Club's "required" Numbers. BOOOO0000000ooooo Me

And HERE is my Holiday Lights video that was shot on an iPhone under freeze A$$ temperatures. So go easy on the comments because my sissy fingers were frozen. Turn It Up , Click Full Screen HD, and yes there really is ONE HOUSE with 2 acres of blue LED Lights. 

GOALS:

  1. Write Daily Intentions In My New Diary 
  2. Lift For Reps, Not Power, But With Enthusiasm 
  3. Hike, Walk, Run 2021 Miles / 3,252 Kilometers This Calendar Year 
  4. Check In With Friends - Be More Mindful - Smile w/my Eyes 
  5. Crossing Paths With That Special Someone With An Incandescent Personality  


Again, I Thank You All For Checking In Throughout 2020!! All The Best During 20BLK Jack,

Cheers

46 comments:

  1. Dearest Travis,
    You had quite a Christmas season with preparing good food once more and enjoying your relatives.
    Talking about walking the dog, I've done on Christmas day in the 70s, taking my Mauzie the Dachshund girl to walk 20 km through the woods and in rather heavy snow, to my Parents'. Sure in the end I had to carry my Mauzie as se started off going left and right, making the distance double or even triple. The next Sunday, when getting her leash for the usual walk through the woods, she hid under the sofa... Poor girl!
    Yes, at -11˚C it is cold in your face.
    Funny to see blue lights and all colors that is, for Christmas decoration. Our very best memory is from Singapore where they used just the plain white lights and it looked magical up on the tropical trees and everywhere. I've never liked all the color...
    Wishing you a Happy 2021 and may your goals be reachable.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Always Amaze Me With Your Updates - Thank You For Being You - Just A Few Days I Saw The Video From Singapore And There Unreal Airport - Thats True Magic For Sure - And Wishing You All The Best In 20BLK Jack

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. That prime rib looked so good, I might have licked the screen a little, drooled on it for sure. Hang in there buddy, there is someone out there for all of us. Nice numbers for 2020, hoping 2021 is at least as good to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Good - Folks Tell Me That All The Time And I Hope They Prove You Right - 20BLK Jack Will Be As I Am Pretty Damn Motivated - Really Nice Hearing From Ya - Be Well And Happy 20BLK Jack

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Hello, Happy New Year to you!
    Your prime rib looks delicious! I miss walking a dog too. There have been some great sightings in the night sky. It would be nice if the weather/clouds cooperated for some of these big events. I think you did good with your hiking/biking and all the other activities the past year, way more than me. I wish you the best in 2021! Have a great day and a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 20BLK Jack And It Was Delicious - Even The Next Day - The Sky Truly Is The Limit - Sure Hope To Post Impressive Numbers in 20BLK Jack

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. I have a prime rib to cook for my husband’s birthday this week. You can’t beat the garlic in the beef like that.

    Your numbers for 2020 were impressive. I wish you the same or better this year, with a special someone by your side. Don’t give up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How Was The Birthday Week - Doing My Best To Keep My Chin Up

      Happy 20BLK Jack
      Cheers

      Delete
  5. What a year last year was. Now we go onward to make new memories, new friends and new goals. That someone you're looking for is looking for you too. Eventually you both will meet and realize it was you I was looking for. Have a great 2021, be happy and stay healthy. Great photos of the mountains and the video is A+ material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally - I Hope We Find Each Other Before Its Too Late - What A Realization To Share With Someone Special - Its Gotta Happen - Thanx For Grading The Video Mr Bill - Happy 20BLK Jack

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. ...I the Ford Grateful Dead van, keep a rocking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good holiday the lights were really nice, love the blue ones. You had a good year with your goals some met Im sure and some let go but it's all good...intentions are 50% of the way. We had a lot of rain but I did see the planets dance with each other, it was special. I hope you find that feeling you want either with someone or without. The feeling all come from within. Happy New Yr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Those Clouds, Think Snow Please - Thanx For Watching The Video - True, Feeling Do Come From Within - Excellent Reminder - Happy 20BLK Jack

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. It sounds and looks like you had a good Christmas. That is awesome.

    Your video of the lights is cool.

    Happy 2021!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx For Watching The Video Mr B

      Happy 20BLK Jack
      Cheers

      Delete
  9. The blue lit acres is amazing and must have cost a lot of dollars and time to set up, and the blue suits the cold weather. There doesn't seem to be too much snow, so maybe that is why it is so cold. Minus 11 is hard to imagine. Your interesting life, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There Is A Story Behind That House, Might Share Someday - Living Life To The Fullest - Happy 20BLK Jack Brother Drew

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Photo of Santa Clauss and company in flying cars, I love it too - Have a delicious Christmas Eve - The snow scene amazes me - How beautiful the Christmas lighting is.

    Happy New Year 2021, Padre.
    All good wishes will come true.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, Love That Shot - More Snow Covered Landscapes Soon, I Hope

      Happy 20BLK Jack
      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Your numbers make me feel like a lazy ... hm-hm-hm!
    Booze after breakfast?!
    Hmmm. Bread, please, to soak up the blood there!
    To Romance and mind!
    "Boah", Trump. Was in our German news today again!!! How can that be? He is so embarrassing...
    -11C?! BRRRR.... "refreshing", aw, well! At least that´s good for sky-watching. My Dad dragged us kids out of bed in cold nights to do just that.
    He had two Celestrons and wee. It was phu... COLD! But beautiful indeed.
    Be careful with that bike. One winter I really hit the ground harder than I wanted!
    Great winter-pic and wonderful video, may your goals be fulfilled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boozing After Breakfast, Those Were The Days - And You Still Have Those Fond Memories With Dad, Way Cool - Thanx For Watching The Video

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. You have NOT "missed your window." There's no such thing!

    When I lived in Morocco I loved lying on the roof watching the satellites in the night sky. I miss that now, being an urban dweller where I can't even see stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brother, I Sure Hope Your Right - Yes, I Love The Movements In The Night Sky

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. Beautiful photos 🤩!!!
    Happy New Year 😊!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like the holidays were quite successful for you!

    Holy crap to 2 acres of blue led lights. I though my husband was bad with them when we first moved in. That house puts my hubby to shame. I'm going to have to forward that video to him to rub it in LOL.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Those Holidays Seem So Long Ago - Thanx For Watching The Video

      Happy 20BLK Jack
      Cheers

      Delete
  15. Such a stunning photos :-) I wish you all the best with all yours goals for this New Year.

    //Karo

    ReplyDelete
  16. What is tehre to say, you are a great cook, that is a quite mouth watering steak. I love garlic with meat it complements and exalts the aroma.
    Those numbers are quite noticeable and I tell you those lights are fantastic. I will show your video to my husband, he will envy your lights for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx For Passing Along The Video - I Do Love BBQ'n No Matter The Weather

      Cheers

      Delete
  17. Oh so nice darling
    My best wishes to you in this new year
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Best Wishes To You During 20BLK Jack

      Cheers

      Delete
  18. My bike has always been my means of freedom too. Wonderful.

    And I am so happy that you had the best Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Know You Totally Get Get - Happy 20BLK Jack

      Cheers

      Delete
  19. Después de unos días de descanso, vuelvo de nuevo a disfrutar de tus fotografías.

    Mis mejores deseos para tí y tu famila en este año, que ha comenzado recientemente.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muito obrigado por gostar das fotos - Sempre aprecio seus comentários

      Cheers

      Delete
  20. I hope you find that special person! You deserve it. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your photos :) All the best for you in 2021 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You And Happy 20BLK Jack To You As Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  22. Gorgeous photos and that Christmas roast is making me hungry. Looks like a nice holiday in this crazy world. And those mountain shots are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete