Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Inspiring Opening Week

Don't Think Of Me Unkind Words Are Hard To Find They're Only Cheques I've Left Unsigned From The Banks Of Chaos In My Mind And When Their Eloquence Escapes Me Their Logic Ties Me Up And Rapes Me Poets Priest And Politicians Have Words To Thank For Their Positions Words That Scream For Your Submission And One's Jamming Their Transmission 'Cause When Their Eloquence Escapes You Their Logic Ties You Up And Rapes You 

The Police - Released 20 November 1980

WORK:

This week for me was all about raking leaves out to curbs for pick up. Our city has a leaf picking program that flipping rocks. So I raked lawns, walked behind a lawn mower for hours, and deep watered all week as anticipating another storm front passing over the Valley. We were arid and unseasonably warm all last week and I just wasn't forecasting the amount of moisture that our local meteorologist were predicting. Not The Normal November 


My other two part-time jobs have surprisingly been going well. Folks are beginning to notice the little details that have been accomplished without verbally assigning. So Thats Cool 


ORTHO:

Wasn't planing on working this week but a newbie called. They were seeking relief from an over the shoulder quick glance debacle. I met them on the street with my mask on, passed on detailing all the office COVID protocols, and my own opinions, updates, and self care. To start, asked them to lay face up with their feet pointing towards the door. 

We started with their feet by releasing the balled up tension between their Talus, Navicular, and Cuboid relationships. Almost immediately their lower leg bones settled into place around their Calcaneus. First time in a long time that they had a solid base to stand on. Dig That 

We then worked with their right shoulder and went through the full series of release points both posterior and anterior while supine. I tend to forget how stiff, how jerky, how locked up, and how many times a joint will catch during a simple hand guided range of motion test. Its really clear for me finding these hiccups. I went into this session feeling rusty, out of practice, and unconfident really. But within a few simple releases, like riding a bike. Fired My Anchor 


They asked me,"Why did you decide to work on my right shoulder?" I causally explained how their left shoulder was higher and more pronounced than the right when I saw them walking towards me on the sidewalk. I went on to vocalize that I figured it was a collarbone but obviously it was the entire fictional unit of their shoulder girdle. They went on to notify me of how they already feel relief and that they forgot about their shoulder hurting earlier that week. Excellent 


We have this whole muscle train system from our achilles to our upper traps. Its very satisfying to witness the structure of the system realign itself before your very eyes and then to experience the softness of the muscles as a result. Example; my left hand held their congested scapula with a minor twist clock wise as if opening a door knob. My right hand rotated the head of their humoral bone towards their neck and held that my position with both hands. All those resistant supporting muscles around their shoulder blade melted and softened. Their breathing becomes apparently calmer and then they slowly take a rather large inhale. Right Shoulder Released 


The neck, no problem. Living with neck mobility is something special and even taken for granted. Most of the issue was cleared because of their collarbones relaxing back into place. Their big SCM muscle unlocked and those Scalene muscles weren't holding on so tight. Breathing creates oxygenated healthy blood supply so their lymphatic system was also in motion as a byproduct of Ortho. Effortlessly worked their cervicals towards ease and thats a session. Standing tall, pain free, and walking gracefully on down the hallway. Pure Happiness  


CYCLING:
The rest of my fast paced week ( Nov 2nd - 8th ) was spent on the bike. I only rode seven depressing miles on Monday and that was for basically running errands, post office for stamps, grocery store necessities, etc and then the real mileage began on Tuesday. Yes, I Rode 

As you can see with all these photos from my rides, I ended up with almost 19 hours on the saddle of moving time. Many times I recognized how completely present in that moment. There were so many occasions were I enjoyed being with my thoughts while turning over those cranks. Then, there were those times of focusing on my breath and allowing my quads to burn like a son of a gun up those hillsides. But nothing will eclipse listening to Mother Natures natural sounds while looking to the right or over my left shoulder. So much beauty out there when you accumulate 250+ miles or 400+ kilometers in a weeks time frame. Stoked 

GOALS:

  1. Stretch Before Work
  2. Lift With A Purpose 
  3. Walk With Intention 
  4. Smile With My Eyes
  5. Empower Those Around Me 

Be Kind To One Another, Think Before You Speak, & Ask For Help If You Become Confused,

Cheers

P.S. Think Snow  

78 comments:

  1. You are an ortho magician! Love your involvement in what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Truly Miss My Involvement - Thank You For That Acknowledgment - Speaks Highly Of Your Character There Magic

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Dearest Travis,
    No doubt you are an excellent and caring ortho professional.
    Great observer about a person's presentation, with one shoulder higher than the other... Body language reveals more than a lot of people will ever presume; even without speaking. A rewarding experience in the end; you needed that too.
    Happy you got to ride on Tuesday, a wise decision and it is a lot more rewarding than anything else.
    Quite some mileage you added, a lot more than we did but there are differences.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Body Language Is A Wonderful Science - I Did Need It - Tuesday, I Rode For Six And A Half Hours - I Was So Upset When I Was Informed Of The Donald 's Commanding Lead - Still Shake My Head That Over 70 Million Phucs Voted For That Guy - I Am Clearly Missing Something - But That Acceptance Speech By Both The VP And So0n To Be Prez Lifted My Spirits Beyond Words - Gave Us All Hope - To Hear A Leader Speak Without Belittling Someone Along The Way, Who Knew - Also, I Know You Enjoy Riding As Much As Myself And You Experience The Journey With A Loved One - So Happy For You Two Kids - Big Group Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. ...being a new junkie, I need to give up my habit, the news is getting too crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Couldn't Tell You The Last Time That I Turned On The Idiot Box - Head Outside And Breath When You Become Overwhelmed By The News - Self Worth My Friend

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. "Talus, Navicular, and Cuboid". I love it when you talk like this.
    It seems like you really know your work well.
    A very good riding effort for the week too. The countryside does look very dry.
    And well done voters of Colorado for voting correctly by a reasonable margin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Was My Life For The Past 15 Years - Higher Vibrational Vocabulary - We Are So Damn Dry - Still Cant Believe Colorado Went BLUE - Colorado, I Love Ya - Colorado, I Am Proud Of Ya

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. The sky photos are amazing. And a rainbow, too! Sounds like you had a wonderfully productive week. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Rainbow Was The Elusive Morning Rainbow - How Cool Is That - Thanx For Checking In And For Leaving A Reply - Be Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Pleasing to read the muscles et. softened for the person - and bones can be a problem too.
    Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Ache Bones I Tell Ya - Specially The Previously Broken Ones

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. What a week! Can't decide whether the ortho success or the 19 hours on the saddle that was the highlight for you, bit of both right 😉 No matter how much I 'think snow' it's not going to happen for me here in Perth.. ever! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They Wee Both Marvelous In There Own Way - But Taking Advantage Of The Time Carries A Bit More Merit - However, I Would Rather Be In The Office - Perth, Always A Pleasure Reading Your Wise Words - Much Appreciated

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. It had also been unseasonably warm here in New York. I took a beach walk on Saturday and actually realized that I was a little overdressed and a bit too warm.

    Congratulations on successfully helping someone with their Ortho issues.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way Warm Over There - So Pleased You Were Out And About Walking - Thank You - As I Had Mentioned, Wasn't All That Confident Going In - Life Is Funny That Way And Then There Is The End Result, Success - Enjoy Your Week

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Obrigado por seu apoio contínuo - eu gosto de capturar o momento - me agrada compartilhá-los com todos vocês

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Now I'm singing The Police!

    I need to rake our lawn, too. Maybe you've motivated me to do it this afternoon. I always wrestle with whether it's better to leave the leaves on the grass, so they can decay and fertilize the lawn, or rake them away. (They aren't SO thick that they'd kill the grass -- I don't think.)

    Your description of the Ortho treatments makes me desperately want a massage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It Was Totally Stuck In My Head On A Ride - Bombing Down A Hill, Singing Away, And Realizing How Influential The Police Have Been In My Model Of The World - Have Had Folks Ask Me For My Favorite Cut, Impossible To Answer - There Is Nothing I Diss Like About The Police - Hope Some Body Work Comes Your Way Soon My Man

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Hello,
    You are so helpful, now I want to go for a massage or therapy.
    We live next to a forest and all the leaves end up on our lawn. We wait until they all fall before raking. Love the views of the trail and your shadow shot. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All Bet Your Pile Of Leaves Puts My Little Elm Tree Leaves To Shame - Dig That Shadow Shot Do Ya - Thanx For Checking In - Smile

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. I will never achieve 400 k in a week, but I understand the sensual experience of biking. There is nothing like it. I hope the coming week is as great as the last, Padre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cycling Electrifies All 5 Senses - Plus, That Feeling Of Freedom And The Accomplishment Is So Satisfying - Thanx For Spreading Hope

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. Way to go on that bike trek!! Your manipulations for the muscles & tendons sound expertise. Just reading about it softened my stress/strained areas. The power of the mind. I bet the "newbies" will call on you again. Colorado really needs a lot of snowfall to tackle the drought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You - And It Was A Headwind Both Ways - Colorado Is In Bad Shape Water Wise - Will Take A Decade To Fill The Spring Wells - Stoked You Could Unwind While Reading - Made My Heart Smile

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. WOW, I wish you could work your magic on my shoulders...there is so much tension there that it often keeps me awake at night!😉
    Really wish I possessed that kind of expertise, it must be so satisfying to help others in that way.😊😊
    Fantastic photos, as always!
    Thank you so much for another brilliant and enjoyable post! 👍

    Greetings from England!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such A Pleasant Surprise - Thank You - Sending Positive Vibes Your Way

      Cheers

      Delete
  15. It must be very rewarding to be able to help people that way.
    I once, on travels, found a great doc who helped me big - and instead of taking money he gave me tips where to go and what to see in the area (and to stop for streches often).
    Though that´s 11 years ago now, I remember him fondly.
    Wow, that´s a lot you rode, more the walker here.
    "Think Before You Speak" - wish more would do that. Snow... please keep that in your place... Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please Send Snow My Way - Thanx For Telling Me This - I Also Have A Special Mentor I Think Of Quite A Bit - Walk On My Dear Friend - I So Enjoy Walking For The Sake Of Walking

      Cheers

      Delete
  16. The traveling Padre, healing and making people feel better, one person at a time and spreading positive vibes along the way. Well done, Padre, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. the sky is so beautiful, so blue...you captured it perfecting!! seeing problems, helping others, in the way that you do is really awesome!!

    great goals this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can You Believe The Quality Of These Old iPhones - Would Love To Go Back To Full Time Work - Pleased These Goals Resinated With Ya

      Cheers

      Delete
  18. Thank you very much.

    Interesting post. I do much sports at the moment because I can't work ^^
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Are Very Welcome - Do What Ya Can - Thanx For Sharing

      Cheers

      Delete
  19. Wow your miles that week awesome. I chased some leaves around a little too but now I will let them rest till spring..Your head to toe sounds like something we all need. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy Amount Of Mind Clearing Miles - We Could All Benefit From Some Body Work - Take Care

      Cheers

      Delete
  20. Your five goals are really cool - great advice.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice pictures. Nice to read your report.
    Picture 9 is very funny. A nice place to sit and enjoy the view. Funny artwork of the flying birds.

    Greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy Your Weekend - Yup, The Birds Are Defiantly Different

      Cheers

      Delete
  22. Beautiful pictures which relaxes me more as I read the accounts that you shared to all of us brother Padre. I am amazed on how you get to learn about the patient's problem by being observant on the way they walk and their posture, even before they complain about it. It's amazing! Keep it up brother Padre, thank you for the Autumn views!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats Great My Man - Have Studied Many Course And Remember Thinking 'how did they determine that' And Feeling Like Such A Young Grasshopper - A Decade Later, Stands Out Like A Sore Thumb - Vey Much Enjoy Building and establishing Rapport With Folks - Glad You Dig The Fall Colors

      Cheers

      Delete
  23. Great that you were able to help that person with their back/neck problem. It's always good to help. I'm happy to hear you're doing well with you jobs. The photos you took of nature are beautiful as always. Have a great weekend Padre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They Were Quite Pleased And Called Yesterday With A Positive Update - Tired Of Hustling Jobs Here And There But Its What Ya Do - Think Snow

      Cheers

      Delete
    2. That's great. Yes, sometimes it is hard, to be honest I go back to regular job and working hours in no time, for me free lance is hard but it is what I do when I can't find a regular, steady job.

      Delete
    3. Good On You - Continue To Seek The Best Possible Outcome

      Cheers

      Delete
  24. Glorious sunset. So nice feeling relief in your body and your muscles back to its normal, strong self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Sun Has Been So Glorious With Both The Rise And The Set - Would Love To Go Back To Full Time - Take Care Down There And Will Be In Your Neck Of The Woulds A Few Times Early 2021 - Be Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  25. You sound like a VERY busy guy! Always lots going on, which makes things interesting. Oh, and wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Your Photos Are The True Definition Of Wonderful - I Do Miss That Region - So Peaceful - Thanx A Million For Checking In Mr Parts

      Cheers

      Delete
  26. I could do with those ortho skills on my old knees. Either that or another glass of ouzo!

    Boy, do you ever take a rest? Always on the go or blogging. A little like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would Love To Work With Your Knees - Have A Number Of Arrows In My Quiver When It Comes To Those Wonderful Knees - Thanx For Checking In

      Cheers

      Delete
  27. nice landscapes!
    have a great weekend,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so glad about the great ortho session and the RIDING!!! Yay. It is snowing here and a big nearby fire is now 100% contained - finally. Phew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Thankful For The Snow - Been Thinking A Lot About You And Your Tribe - Sending Positive Vibes

      Cheers

      Delete
  29. Just think sNOw! Ugh. That warm spell we had spoiled me. I'm fine with cooler weather but I'm not ready for winter.

    So glad you were able to help that client. It's really such a great feeling, helping others, isn't it? Too bad 50% of our country doesn't get that....sigh...keep riding and getting outside. It really does help, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send This Snow Vibes My Way - It Is The Best Feeling And I Miss It Like Crazy - When You Work With Human Systems For Decades And Then Nothing, Phuc N Sucks - Riding Without Intentions So Rocks - Run On Little W, Run On

      Cheers

      Delete
  30. You write so well and your story telling become fun and very intuitive to guess what happened next .The world needs more people with a heart of kindness and love. So glad to come across your blog and enjoy your posts. Looking forward to read more. Have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WoW, Thank You For Such Kind Words - Much Appreciated - More Wag And Less Bark For Sure - Thanx For Hopping On The Train - Be Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  31. How are you, Padre? - Are you currently cycling the long way back? - Always be careful.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surfing The Waves Of Chaos - And Thanx For Asking - Safe A Sane

      Cheers

      Delete
  32. Awesome pictures. It was great to read this all post here. Riding is awesome thing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic And Thank You For Submitting A Positive Comment - Life Is Better With A Bicycle Between Your Legs

      Cheers

      Delete
  33. So many hours spent in the saddle, no wonder why you always have such lovely scenic photos to share. Indiana is rather boring, but we're lucky to spot a bald eagle or other fascinating wild life from time to time if we're lucky.

    ReplyDelete