Thursday, July 2, 2020

June Numbers & Photos


Just like for all of you, June shelled of a full spectrum of emotions. Some of those days were way A$$ Cool and very heart felt. Other Days, Not So Much


Remember the deck project? My buddy hosted an evening for dinner, hanging out, sharing stories, and a reassuring thank you for all the hard work. This place is gorgeous with all the healthy succulent plants and the sunset helped the ambiance.


JUNE NUMBERS:

Bike - 664.1 Miles / 1,069km
Hike - 24 Miles / 38.6km
Kayak - 14 River Miles / 22.5km
Hours - 51
PR's - 12
6th Month Cycling Distance - 1982.8 Miles / 2,190km


Something to look forward to during this marvelous month of July, The Buck Moon on the 4th. July's full moon, known as the Buck Moon, will rise on Saturday evening and end with a partial lunar eclipse. The Buck moon, named after the new antlers seen on young male deer at this time of year, reaching peak illumination at 10:45pm MST. The eclipse will begin at 9:07 mt time and will be at maximum shadow around 10:30pm. The next full moon, known as the Sturgeon Moon, is expected to take place on August 3rd 2020.

The Dude Sending Videos From Our Secluded Beach Front Location 

THE RIVER:

The Might Colorado River peaked on the 9th of June and has dropped dramatically ever since. The Dude and I were taking advantage of the floating opportunities as frequently as possible early June. Yes, very safe about it and the "town run" is way simple and relaxing. Our style of boats allow us the freedom to duck out and paddle back up distributary channels.


Those moments of stillness allows beavers to casually swim along the bank while we observe from afar. The beautiful white bellies of Osprey Hawks have made a come back and Bald Eagles still rule the water ways. With the pervious years rain totals reaching record numbers, rodents have thrived throughout the underbrush. Make for damn good hunting and eating. Damn good biological community interacting with their physical environment really. Lush And Healthy


Speaking of tall grasses, I was stoked to find this skin on the Southside of my place. My neighbor from around 2002 - 2004 cut down all the trees in his backyard, with the birdhouse still attached, flooded the area with Round Up, moved out of the hood within two years. Such A Dickhead!! So to find this fresh shed turned me on. Bring on the toads, bunnies, and happy serenading songbirds.

91F and 4% Humidity - Can You Say Hydrate Baby
Near the ending of June, my miles were adding up daily, got caught up in one good down pour. I saw the Cumulus building over the Colorado National Monument and gave the effort to out run it. But No. Actually, the rain was a nice change of pace. All of my rides during June were entertaining for sure. Nothing like just riding to ride. The evening rides were a real treat because of the warmer temps. In fact, I enjoy riding at night. There are little pockets of fluctuating air temperatures that bring interesting awareness to ones surroundings. The other night, 20's of June, the river smelled so fishy and ocean like. Without the salty air of obviously.


So as pissy as I was at times, having my feelings hurt, enjoying the sun on my face, it all dawned on me during one of my solitude hikes, society has good and bad and young and old. That's It

Cheers

47 comments:

  1. ...pissy or not, keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    The deck looks nice, a great spot to hang out with friends. The snake skin looks long. I feel sick every time I see an advertisement for Roundup. I prefer going out on hikes in the morning when it is cooler. The mountain and sky view is beautiful. Ditto what Tom said, keep on keeping on..Take care, Enjoy your 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still Amazed By How Well That Deck Turned Out - That Snake Skin Is Rather Long For Sure - Round Up And Smoking Cigarettes, WHY??? Looking Forward To The Weekend - Take Care E

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Dear Padre,
    Your wise words below the very last picture are perfect! That's IT.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. That deck does look really nice all decked out now.
    That last photo is magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its A Magical Space Around That Backyard - Pleased You Enjoyed The Photos

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Your June activity numbers are impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why Thanx Magic - Your Daily Shots Are Rather Impressive

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Thank goodness you got rid of that awful neighbor! It's amazing how resilient nature can be (most of the time). Glad to hear the rodents and birds-of-prey are having a good year. That snakeskin is cool!

    Does every full moon have a name? Who decides these things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I Did Have Something To Do With Him Moving On - Should Have Walked Around Out Back In My Birthday Suit More While Smoking Cigars - The Wildlife Is Thriving And The Snake Skin Really Made My Day - Every Full Moon Has A Name Or Two - My Understanding Is The Indians Are Mostly Responsible And Other Names Fall Down From Old Folk Lore Tales Of Sorts - i.e. Harvest Moon in September - Will List A Few More In The Next Update

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. The deck came out great and the light in that photo highlights it well. Another month flew by and onward we go! Happy July, Padre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Color Scheme Worked Out Well With That Deck And Mother Natures Lighting Abilities - Damn, June Flew By - July Is Already Spectacular And Its Only The 6th - Hot Damn Mr Bill

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Is that Sopris? Love the snake skin, and 4% ok here in SC this week it's been 84% first thing in the morning then down to the 64% area for the rest of the day...the deck is awesome...your miles for the month- High Five!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Like Your Thinking But Its Actually Mt Blady, Just North Of Crested Butte And That Snake Skin Is The Coolest - Stay Hydrated And Dig The High Five Encouragement

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. Love that last composition Padre 💙 Bah to anyone cutting down trees for no good reason! It's been a month of ups and downs here also, my left shoulder is giving me such a hard time, after little relief from a steroid injection, the conclusion is that it is frozen shoulder, lots of physio ahead! What's happening re the radio shows, noticed you haven't mentioned for a while? Happy July ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - Sure Wish I Lived Down The Street, Ortho Helps Immensely - The Radio Station Is Still Are Sore Spot In My Heart For Sure - I Am House Sitting And The Neighbor Is A Fellow KAFM Member/Volunteer - They Asked Me If I Would Be Willing To Cover Their Show, After They Too Bashed The Station For All The Usual Topics - No Conformation Yet But I Suspect It Will Happen And Will Post Infor Soon - I Really Appreciate You Inquiring - Thanx For Being You Perth

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. That last scene is quite spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not as fit as I was in my younger days. So while you peddle along mountain roads and paddle up and down mighty rivers I think I will hang out on the gorgeous deck. Sipping iced tea (proper iced tea, mind you, tea, ice, lemon and no sweetener, none of that sweet tea crap.) Take care and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just As Long As You Are Outside And Enjoying A Proper Cup Of Tea, All Is Right In The World - Be Well CJ

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. Wow, that is some beautiful deck!
    And, respect, you did some distances!
    And, oh. Aren´t we all pissy at times. We are people, not fakes.
    Said that, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Though - A Wonderful Space - Appreciate That - Somedays I Have My Moments - Thanx For Checking In

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. Sounds like you are embracing summer as well as the many facets of life. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giving It My Best - Thinking Of Others First

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. People around here (suburbia) have brick paver driveways and god forbid weeds should pop up through the cracks! Bring on the RoundUp. That stuff should be banned. The more time I spend in nature, the less i like people, lol. Guess who is pissy today? Have a good week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely - Reading Your Trail Run Updates And Such - Good On You - And We All Have Our Moments - Sure Hope Yours Was Teachable - Stay Strong

      Cheers

      Delete
  15. i was kind of expecting that last paragraph, we have all been feeling the same, i believe!! i think i am beginning to enjoy the covid solitude, the hubs is my only companion and i really like him!! the deck looks like it finished up beautifully, mine is my favorite spot in my home. we had some serious rain tonight, i enjoyed sitting outside!!

    your june numbers are high, with all the heat here, i am riding my bike but not nearly as much which = no falls!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much Easier If You Have Somebody To Love And Share With - Thanx For The Deck Acknowledgment - Doesn't Matter The Distance, So Pleased You Are On The Bike - And NO FALLS, Right On

      Cheers

      Delete
  16. So happy to that the snakes are back! Neighbors, argh. They can be bad. Good ones are worth their weight in gold.

    I hope that the sky was clear for the lunar eclipse. It was cloudy here but I did see the full moon set over the mountains the following morning at 0'dark hundred.

    Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me As Well - So True - Looking Forward To Your Setting Moon Shots - Happy Flipping July

      Cheers

      Delete
  17. That snakeskin gives me the chills. But some people just don't know how to treat their land.Or be neighbors. But ospreys and eagles are always nice to see. To me they are better neighbors than most folks seem to be, but there are some good ones on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please To Read About Your Reaction - You Are Alive And Kicking - Been Taking Advantage Of The Colorado River - Short Video Coming Soon

      Cheers

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. Yes, Very Interesting Month And I Appreciate The Virtual Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Thank You - Wish I Could Post The Sounds As Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  20. I love that last photo. So nice of your friend to host that deck party a great thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should Push Them To Host Another Gathering Soon

      Cheers

      Delete
  21. WOW, that finished deck does look fantastic!! It must have been really great to be there at sunset...I can see it in my mind's eye. Wish I'd been there too!
    Your past neighbour sounds very similar to some we have had...they move in, strip their gardens of all nature...and then have the audacity to try to force us to cut our trees and shrubs too, because "they are casting shadows over our property!"
    The cheek of it!😝 Well, I fought tooth and nail to keep my trees etc., and I won!! Yay🙋
    I have two nature areas in my garden, with an abundance of wildlife in residence. It would break my heart if I had to clear it.🙁
    I would have loved to see that eclipse. Whenever there is one occurring here, you can always trust the British weather to provide an abundance of cloud cover! Always, and without exception!!😕lol
    That snakeskin is brilliant!! I adore snakes, especially pythons.😊

    Have a great day!

    A Hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Good On With The Mind's Eye Action - Nothing Like Spending Quality Time In The Garden - I As Well Love Reptiles

      Cheers

      Delete
  22. Those numbers are quite impressive! My hubs is wanting to ride, but the over 90 degree days here for the foreseeable future are pushing those plans aside for now. Kayaking though, is what we've been doing, but only in small bursts. Last time we went out, the heat really got to me and I ended up getting sick over the side of my kayak and had to pull myself out of the water onto the side of the road and wait for my husband to make it back to the car to come pick me up :(
    Your neighbor sounded like a jerk. I damn near cried when the power company had to come out and cut down 4 of my trees for preventative measures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic On The Kayaking Front - Stay Hydrated - Be Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  23. Deck looks impressive. The view is nice and the succulents are always lovely. I have some succulents on my balcony.
    More than a thousand km on a bike- that's so impressive. You must have enjoyed some lovely sights as well. Outdoor cycling is the real thing. I'm sure indoor cycling has health benefits but it is much more fun to be outside and enjoy the views.
    How cool you found a snake skin.
    Love that view of the mountain, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Views From The Deck ARE Impressive - Indoor Cycling Has Real Benefits As You Are Able To Hold A Cadence For As Long As You Need - No Traffic Or Stop Lights - But Outside Rocks - Pretty Damn Happy About The Snake Skin For Sure

      Cheers

      Delete