Thursday, June 23, 2016

Seeing The Sunrise


If you wanna ride around here, gotta do it early!! We hit 104F ( previous record was 101F for June 21st ) and rode the triple digits for 5 hours!! Yesterday was beautiful as Mother Nature rolled in and cooled us off.

Started off with mid level clouds only and no real threat. Then CRACK of thunder and a full on down pour. Like flooding down pour. So funny watching everyone freak out about some rain. Of course they think I am completely out of my mind riding my commuter bike in it. Have fenders, Will Ride!!! 
My legs feel strong. My riding is becoming much better and adding miles almost everyday. What I mean is that my confidence is building. Will be taking a break from the saddle today and tomorrow because of live music taking top priority.

Hot Buttered Rum tonight and New Monsoon tomorrow. Both are outdoor shows and both are California bands. Butter Boys are here in GJ and New Monsoon plays a free show up in Dillon. Life Is Good

The Gym Has Been Awesome!!! I was "working" at Country Jam last week and took 5 full days off from lifting. Tuesdays was an arms day only and I didn't real shift much in my routine. I did stand on the Bosu Ball while doing curls and two handed tricep dumbbell exercise. I focused on ROM, activated my stabilizing muscles, and concentrated on breathing with each exercise.

Yesterday was a kick ass chest and legs day while watching a crazy exciting Portugal vs Hungry match. Added weight to the peck deck and controlled the 30lb dumbbell while performing an incline bench press. I know that I can jump up to the 35 pounders but I stayed in control after the 5 day break. Feeling so much better these days

A photo of my "boss" with Gwen here. Scotty allowed his Cadillac to be used for an airport run to pick up Birthday Boy Blake and Gwen. Country Jam was a riot and I am sooooo thankful I was paid again for "working" and enjoying new to me music. ALL the bands were really entertaining and I know nothing of the Country side of things.

All the acts were fantastic and I gave my personal take during my radio show ( will make that CD available if you ask ) but Blake Sheldon was the man. I kid you not!! He was a full step above the rest and sold me on his style. 100% Showmanship!!

The Dude & Avery's 1st Tailgate last Wed
Blake was the only one to be in touch with his surroundings and spoke clearly about farming and hay fields. Each song had a quick story behind it and he played the birthday boy card really well. He knew how to energize the crowd and which hit song to play next as if the crowd had created his playlist.

Those are fans on top of that structure, nice & dusty 
 He played for about a full 6o min and then Gwen came out for a one song duo and then she went off. Holy Sh*T it was amazing. I don't know the name of any of their songs but she rocked out a rap style song from her No Doubt days and the lights matched her performance. They both commanded the stage and the crowd ate it up!!

Everyday, when the gates opened, a stamped of fans would run towards the front to establish there territory for that nights headliner. The sound crew would play JAWS or Metallica or Something loud and crazy.

These fans HAD NOT run since last years Country Jam and should be running but it is what it is. Saturdays opening gates was a noticeably difference in size!! A Shit ton of Blake Fans busted in on through and over half were completely winded before they even started running. Sad but funny as hell to witness.
The dinners were amazingly delightful 
 Zac Brown Band is a must catch act!!! They blew me away and rocked the stage with covers and a crazy cool light show with two differently projection screens. I will see these guys anytime they are in Colorado. They were a perfect Sunday Night closer, I Think anyway
 The Boy Dog while I write this..... And I see 12:34 all the time..... Life Is Good
Goals for the rest of the month are as follows
#1. Building a flagstone patio early before the heat hits.
#2. Lifting at the gym during the heat of the day.
#3. Finishing up a busy month in the office.
#4. Trail running Crag Crest this Sunday w/the Boy Dog.
#5. Catching at least one sunset on the 575 before July 1st.
#6. Creating a structured plan for the indoor train during The Tour.
#7. Hitting the 20 hour mark in the pool before the 1st of July.
#8. Timed mile at Stoker Stadium.
#9. Reminding the Boy Dog that he is loved!!

No comments:

Post a Comment