Sunday, November 13, 2022

Sunset Hairdo

Came In From A Rainy Thursday On The Avenue     Thought I Heard You Talking Softly     I Turned On The Lights , The TV , And The Radio    Still I Cant Escape The Ghost Of You        What Has Happened To It All     Crazy    Some Say     Where Is The Life That I Recognize       Gone Away       But I Wont Cry For Yesterday       There Is An Ordinary World       Somehow I Have To Find       And I As I Try To Make My Way     To The Ordinary World      I Will Learn To Survive      Passion Or Coincidence 


Duran Duran 

The Wedding Album 1993


WORKING:

This gorgeously lingering Autumn Season has produce golden papers falling from the abundance of trees here in this picturesque Grand Valley. Still rocking out the diversity of house/dog sitting gigs as well. Adjusting to the new office space and photos coming soon. Click 


I am responsible for a number of houses these days. I rake leaves , winterize irrigation lines , and am randomly approached by a neighbor or two while I perform my various task at hand. Such as, an older couple stopped by to introduce themselves and explain how they have observed me over the course of the past few months. They asked if I would be willing to check out a corner gutter of theirs. I obliged and climbed my trusty ladder. Easy clean out, no breaks, no damage reports, and of course I didn't charge them a dime. Karma Coupons 101

ECLPISE:

Totally Screwed!! Just as the disk of Mother Earth began making its appearance across Mr Moon, high cirrus clouds whispered good night. Within about forty minutes, thick darker cumulus clouds engulfed my viewing pleasure. 


I could have thrown on my big boy pants and waited it out. But by 3am, I was a sack of baked potatoes. My pillow never cradled my sleepy cheeks so well as I drifted off into never never land of dreams and puppy breath.



The green light there is a usual lens flare that my camera picks up. The first photo below showcases an airplane. The second photo below captured the moon and Jupiter. But that halo around the moon was the precursor that moisture was in the air on this particular evening. GREAT 


But my mason jar of spring water survived the frigid temperatures and my rocks were all energized once again. I even remembered to lay my favorite rose quartz on top of the sealed jar. Feeling Good 

CYCLING:

Cycling, or rather not cycling much. I mustard up 24 miles / 38 kms this past week. All of those numbers were commuter bike related. It was a circular pattern consisting of Gym, Office, And Yard Jobs. 




And because 42 is always the number, I did mange a 2 plus hour spin yesterday. This was NOT a high intensity ride by any means. I focused my attention skyward to the migrating birds in flight, the incredibly low water levels, and those mysterious unseen critters rustling around in the underbrush. Oh Baby


You Know, Simply Enjoying The Moment! My hydration has been worthy, morning calisthenics to reinsure a pain free day, and evening stretches are paying off. I felt limber on the bike with full range of motion in the legs. So That's Cool 

BUMMER:

Two deaths hit home this week. One that rocked the casbah was the passing of Keith Levene. I believe that I even muttered the words 'Oh No' upon reading the headlines. Maybe I didn't say that. However, would be a monumental tombstone that reads 11/11/22. 


The other punch in the gut was the long time coming passing of Sledge O Metic himself, Gallagher!! I was fortunate enough to catch two of his shows in Sunny San Diego back in the 90's and then during the Summer of 2017 here in GJ at the Mesa Theater. I was aware that his health was failing but the news still sucks. I snapped a screen shot and forwarded it onto The Blue Z as he was next to me on the evening of July 7, 2017. Memories 



WOW:

I took advantage of the cold air accompanied by a dusting of snow and began riffling through my poster collection. My intention was to unearth old muscle charts, acupuncture meridian posters, and my throw back foot reflexology charts to hang in the new office. 


These two gems were rolled up nicely in my poster tube. Above was our first Gears & Beers poster from 2010. We featured local home brewers, CSA farmers, an ex pro MTB'r skills clinic for free, and local bands throughout the weekend of May 21st 2010. We provided munchies, prepared a fabulous parade of bikes in costumes of course, and the vendors were stoked with the communal support. Everyone made out like bandits that weekend. YES 

Sent this photo to the creator Jenn T from the old MOG Fest. MOG stands for Manufacturers Outdoor Gear. This was about the forth or fifth one and the first MOG Sale that was held in the Rockslide Parking Lot. Again, excellent meals, live music, and sweet deals to be discovered around every tent. Righteous 

GATHERING:

Really enjoyed myself the other night as a buddy hosted a Scorpio Birthday Party. I happily hung outside manning the fire pit while socializing with the verity of waves of groups that shuffled their way through the night. Snap Crackle Pop


I wasn't all that keen to attended as COVID is beginning its ugly Winter Season surge. But thankfully The Dude talked me into picking him up and heading over to partake in the festivities. The evening worked out well as a number of folks that I haven't seen since before Covid arbitrarily made an appearance. Way Cool 

GOALS:

  1. Mobility Exercises 
  2. Cycle When Available 
  3. Photo Shoot Of The New Office
  4. Meet With The Graphic Artist 
  5. Smile With Confidence 

When The Time Is Right, Ring Someone You Truly Care About

Cheers

50 comments:

  1. ...too bad that your don't do gutters in New York.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Heights Have Limitations - But I Would Definitely Work Around Your Place There Brother T - U Bet

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Dearest Travis,
    Sounds all bubbly and don't you DARE let yourself being brainwashed by the never—ending—brainwashing—fear mongering group! The flu and a cold have been around forever and will be forever. Keeping our body and soul in balance by eating well and exercising enough—we built a strong immune system and use our natural antagonism to overcome that.
    You got lovely flowers that late in the year.
    Kudos for helping those elderly with the upkeep of their homes—you will be rewarded for that once you reach your final destination.
    Big hugs; need to warm up with a hot tea now after our first cool ride. Bye bye shorts and we have to bundle up in the future.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't Believe These Flowers Are So Hardy And Producing Still - Way Cool - The Gutter Story Was Kind Cool Because A Bird Was Building A Nest There Amongst The Downspout - Thankfully , No Need To Bring Tools With Me Up The Ladder Or A Quick Trip Over To True Value - Stoked On You Bike Rides In Nov - Well Done You Two

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Before I read your last statement, I had already rang my sister, fresh from her return from California. I missed her and needed her company tonight, which she was happy to oblige. We had dinner, wine, and laughs. Ahhhh. I will sleep well tonight.

    I'm surrounded by RSV, Covid, and Flu, among all the other stuff that's circulating. I'll be getting my bivalent booster and masking again. Sigh. i'm so over it all. Stay safe and healthy my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sisters!!! Right On! Good On You And Keep On Laughing The Night Away - Nothing Wrong With Wearing The Mask I Tell Ya As I Am Still Rocking One For Sure - Knocking On Wood, Staying Healthy And Avoiding The Next Wave Of Bugs - Thanx For Checking In Little W

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Mixed bag of gains and losses! Cool captures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I Have Zero $$$ In The Stock Market - Thanx For Checking Out These Photos There Magic

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. You do lead a full life and all the better you are for it. Temps of -4 already. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Brother Drew - The Good News On The -4C Is There Are No Mosquitoes Buzzing About

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. You are so kind to help that couple out. Awesome moon pics and a 42. Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 42 - Knew You Would Catch It There CJ - Moons In General Mesmerize Me - Shooting Stars Are A Bonus And In Abundance These Days - Keep Looking Up My Friend

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Nice post, Padre. It's nice to read about what you've been up to. Love those old posters, made me think of the ones I used to have back in the day. Take care, have fun and we'll see you on the trails. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happily Sharing The Tales From Around The Valley - Them There Posters Brought Back A Flood Of Wonderful Memories From Many Moons Ago - Keep On Keeping On Mr Bill

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. We just arrived home after a frigid walk by the sea. The fire draws me into its warmth.

    I can imagine how much the people appreciated your help. Karma indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Marie - So Pleased To Read About Your Adventurous Outing - That Is Fantastic And Looking Forward To The Photos - Karma For Sure

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. Nice nature and pretty fire photos. I love being outside in the evenings :D Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Kinga - So Wonderful Hearing From You Again - Sending Vibes Your Way

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Racking up those Karma points is always a good thing. I am sure the older couple really appreciated the help. We're headed that way this coming Monday. Could you please tell the snow to hold off while we're there? Then again, I am sure it's gorgeous blanketed in white, so maybe it can snow on the last day we're there? LOL
    Don't blame you on not wanting to socialize. I had Covid 3 weeks ago and am still slowly recovering. I just want to hide in a hole and never interact with another human after dealing with this mess.
    Have a great week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot Damn - They Did For Sure - Your Going To Enjoy The Denver Scene - Downtown Has So Much To Offer - The Sickness Is In Full Swing Around Here And I Still Wear My Mask - Looking Forward To The Weekend - Stoked

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Duran Duran... oh, loooong ago.
    Thank you "golden papers falling" is a wonderful saying - I will keep that in mind (I hate when that happens, this makes it nicer).
    Well done on the Karma Coupons 101!! We need nice people. I give you another for your writing, dear friend - it makes me happy for free.
    Great night sky-pics. My Dad would´ve loved this. He dragged us kids out of bed in cold nights to watch...
    My bike sits silently behind me. A shame, I know.
    Sad when talents go (too early).
    Love esp the last poster - cool.
    Oh, darn COVID. We will live with that. And have fun.
    #5 is my fav - have a great day, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Duran Duran!! I Was On A Ride With The iPod On Shuffle When This Little Gem Rolled Through My Ear Holes - Golden On My Friend - So Thankful Your Father Dragged You Kids Out - I Throughly Enjoy Stargazing And Hanging Out Under A Blanket Of Stars - That SCI Poster Was On eBay for $52 USD - I Have Them Signed By The Artist And Another Under Glass Signed By The Band As Well - So I Got That Going For My Retirement Fund - HA

    Smile On,
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice to help the older couple and not charge them, but rather do it out of the goodness of your heart. Karma coupons 101 indeed! I hope you can find more time on your bike before the weather turns too cold and the snow too deep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Bet And I Was Reflecting Upon That Situation And I Hope I Wasn't Rude By Not Accepting Their $$$ - I Doubt It But You Know How It Goes - Our Temps Are Climbing Once Again So The Bike Should Be Rolling This Week - Yahooo000

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. Another great post, these pics, so beautifully captured!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Paola, You Always Know Just What To Say - Big Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete
  15. It gets really cold outside :/ Pretty photos

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful autumn, I love the snapdragon - that's what we call the flower and it bloomed for me until last week... until the first frost came...
    no i'm not complaining. We also had a great autumn... beautiful.
    And now there are the first snowflakes and I'm looking forward to winter. The advent star is taken out and hung outside... I'll tell you A POEM when it shines in the dark :-)))
    You're still good on the bike... I'm too cold now :-(( but I'll go to the fitness studio over the winter
    and then I'll wait for snow for the skis :-))
    I wish you a happy week from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WoW - Outstanding Responce - Amazing Autumn This Year As Well - Riding More And Travel Again Soon - Spent Last Weekend In The Snow Just Above 9,800Ft - Loved It !!!

      You Made My Heart Smile,
      Cheers

      Delete
  17. Thanks a lot =) Have a nice week too.

    Great post. I love campfires, my last one is two years ago :D Next summer I want a nice campfire again.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous Week And Month - Fire Is The Best - Or I Should Clarify With Fire Pit 's Are The Best - Be Well My Dear

      Cheers

      Delete
    2. Thanks I wish you a nice December and a lovely Christmas time =)
      Cheers

      Delete
  18. In autumn, nature forms beautiful carpets of leaves.
    Excellent captures, I especially liked the last photos with the fire, they are fantastic.
    Hugs and all the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes She Does - And Love That Sound Those Leaves Make Under My Bicycle Tires - So Cool - Really Enjoyed Manning The Fire - Always Have, Always Will - Big Hugs Maria

      Cheers

      Delete
  19. I like that poster collection. Did you find the ones for the wall of your office? You could do some nice decorating. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Crazy Part Is That I Have Two More Tubes From Concerts To Rifle Through - Yes, Found The Body Charts And Hung Them Last Week - Will Be Sharing Photos So - Excellent Turkey Day Week - Big Hugs Erika

      Cheers

      Delete
  20. A great post as always, and those posters look good.
    It's good to meet up with folks outdoors, even this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Memories Those Posters Brought Back - Like WoW - Have More Neighborly Stories To Share - Happy Monday My Crafty Friend

      Cheers

      Delete
  21. Beautiful leaves on the ground. Happy Sunday to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't Been By Your Blog In Awhile As Well - Thanx So Much For Stopping By - Pleased You Enjoy The Leaves - Enjoy The Rest Of The Month

      Cheers

      Delete
  22. We had a nice long fall here in Wisconsin too...which is rare for us. Love the moon photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amy, I Completely Spaced Checking In - The Eclipse And Leading Up To It Was Beautiful - Our Clear Cold Skies Now Are Just As Beautiful For Sure - Big Hugs

      Cheers

      Delete
  23. Da habt ihr ja wieder richtig viel erlebt. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Das Leben ist eine Erfahrung und heute ist ein Reisetag - Senden Sie positive Vibes auf Ihren Weg

      Cheers

      Delete
  24. I wish you all the best and may you find moments of peace and plenitude, more moments when to enjoy the moon and smile with confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My best wishes to you darling
    The Birthday Party looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx For The Vibes And The Party Was A Blast In A Half

      Cheers

      Delete
  26. Creía que había comentado y esta entrada y no veo mi comentario por ningún lado.
    Tan solo voy a decirte ahora,que me ha gustado esta buena serie.

    ReplyDelete