Sunday, July 24, 2022

Keep Pushing On Those Pedals And You'll Eventually Be Somewhere

Hey Mr Music     You Sure Sound Good To Me     I Cant Refuse It      What Got To Be     Got To Be     Feel Like Dancing     Dance Cause We Are Free      I Got My Home    In The Promise Land     But I Feel At Home     Can You Overstand     Said The Road Is Rocky    Sure Feels Good To Me     And If Your Lucky    Together We'd Always Be    The Sun Is Risin'     The Sign Is Risin'    Moon Is Risin'    Rainbow Country   


BoB Marley And The Wailers

Rainbow Country 1991

WOMEN'S TOUR:

What a trip?!? Do I consider myself a cycling nerd, NO. Am I an enthusiast, maybe. A fan, YES. I never knew that the women raced the tour back in the 80's. Here is an article from 1984 with an interview by Tim. Racer Marianna Martin was a dominant force back then and I wonder how many of these gals are still alive today. Who Knows 

I was aware of the women racing unofficially on the tour the day after the boys raced as a protest/promotional event back in 2021 or 2019. I don't recall exactly when that was. The women started their official Tour de France July 24rd 2022. I feel as if the women get the shaft because the race coverage is on Peacock Channel and NOT rabbit ears. But it is 2022 after all and maybe there is more coverage demands on those network channels. What Do I Know

HERE is the Tour LeFemme schedule and route for this years tour from the Yahoo dot com site. For Me, I root for those leaders as well as the back of the pack participants. Will plan on gathering all my racing coverage on the good old YouTube links. Go Ladies Go  

CYCLING:

      Early bird eats the worm or collects a lot of black flying bugs in their teeth.



Dawn Patrol sprinklings of wild flower rides are the best attitude changer of all time. Some label swimming , others say hobbies , or even sexual intimacy as their all time best attitude chargers. But for this update, let's just stick with bike rides. 



I am still slow and out of shape for sure and my fitness is sub par for July standards. That four letter word 'work' has really cramped my style this calendar year. But when I ride, I Smile From Ear To Ear! 


Where there once was a beaver damn, creeks ran freely soothing our inner ears of running water. There are days where I am focused with acute awareness of just how pent up I am. Other days, haven't gotta clue as to JUST how bad I am in needed of bathing across the forest floor with a bike between my legs. 


One aspect of happiness is when I used to "hike" with The Boy Dog and he would stop and sit. Smelling the clean crisp air and inhaling with that one big exaggerated happy breath the way dogs do. I would begin to start again and he would give me that one eyed half-moon sclera look with that sharpened tilted eyebrow as if to say," Stop right here human and just be. Don't just look around , see around. Don't just listen, hear your surroundings. Don't just breathe, smell for once in your life."

OFFICE TIME:

Many an evening these days are spent in the office helping others to heal from within. Our local Powderhorn Ski Resort has put a number on some folks this summer. Weekend warriors that allow their machines to transport their bodies at a much greater speed their than bodies can process. Such as, over the bars or clipping a tree with their knuckles. Loads Of Bumps And Bruises 

Other clients, a simple tune up. Lately, a new wave of first timers are walking through the door. First timer clients are almost always satisfied and label the effects post work as feeling lighter and/or taller. Dig That

GOALS

  1. Experience Belly Hurting Laughter Everyday
  2. Crank Out Some Miles
  3. Collect My Marbles 
  4. Pour Two Upcoming Birthday Paintings
  5. Manifest Happiness 

I leave you here with a time lapse of mine that I take pride in with all the editing efforts. This is a longer video and might be a little busy for ya but I guarantee that this video is worthy of watching in FULL Screen HD and turn it up. This is the best road, in my option, here in Colorado. Allow yourself to enjoy a ride from Durango to Ouary in 6 minutes time.

Keep On Keeping On,

Cheers 

P.S. Congrats To Durango's Sepp Kuss - What A Tour There Boys


52 comments:

  1. Nice photos and narrative, Padre. I enjoyed the time lapse video, you did good! Have a great week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Mr Bill - Really Appreciate All The Support And Encouraging Words - Enjoy Your Week As Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. ...my peddle pushing days are in my rearview mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scenery is so different to ours but it never ceases to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - Melbourne Totally Rocks The Landscape World - Miss Those Park And So Miss The MCG - Be Well Mate

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Great news about women participating. Loved your timelapse video of the drive in the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go Ladies Go - Horrific Crash Today Unfortunately Today During Stage 2 - Thanx So Much For Watching The Mountain Cruise - That Is The Most Beautiful Stretch In Colorado I Say

      Be Well Magic,
      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Dearest Travis,
    Interesting post and as for the women's tour, that is super.
    For as long as health will allow us, we better move and as Boy dog taught you, to indulge in the moment. Drinking in the gifts from Mother Nature and inhaling it into your soul!
    I'm grateful for having so far accomplished my solo ride with my Pieter, showing him the Midwest and part of the West.
    I enjoyed it but would have loved some more photos but driving and photographing does not go together. As for Pieter, while I drive, he cannot catch it at that speed... So it is hard to keep my inner–feelings quiet, about missing out on the memories but I found already some great Youtube videos about the Canyons I drove and other scenic route sections so I enjoy that for reliving the special moments.
    Don't like the Colorado State Trooper though... but that is part of life too!
    Oh, you viewed the Strava walk at Royal Gorge Bridge too soon before I'd managed to upload the photos in the hotel as I also used my Relive app on the iPhone.
    Happy with the many memories.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rut Row - Did A County Mounty With A Wide Brim Hat Pull You Over - What A Drag - Been Thinking About You Two A Lot - Enjoying Your Photos For Sure - Looking Forward To The Recap Update Once You Have Caught Your Breath - You Two Kids Travel On And Enjoy The Moment - As The Bog Dog Reminds Us , JUST BE

      OxoxoxO

      Delete
    2. Yes, it was an expensive meeting with that County Mounty—but life goes on! We're safely now inside the Hyatt Place at Memphis/Germantown, TN. Tomorrow we get home and our bikes will be happy, so will be our loyal kitty companions + adopted white duck. They all have been taken care of while we were on the road. Your Boy Dog taught us some GREAT life–lessons!!! Hugs to you 🤗

      Delete
    3. Home Is Where The Heart Is - Tenn / Memphis Is A Pretty Dang Cool Place - Loads Of Underground Tunnels To Explore - Safe Travels You Two

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. These photos are surely amazing in deed. Love the arid landscape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not Bad For An Old iPhone - Really Appreciate Your Feedback - Stay Strong

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Hello,
    What a great report with fantastic pictures.
    That certainly invites for a nice bike trip.

    Greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And How Fantastic To Hear From You Brother - Thanx A Million For Your Kind And Uplifting Words - Be Well My Good Man And Don't Be A Stranger

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Beautiful landscapes and photos! Love the Bighorn Sheep, rainbow and the wildflowers. Wishing you much happiness while you are cranking out those miles. Take care, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Shadow People And Just Knew You Would Appreciate The Big Horn - Happiness 101 - Sending Positive Vibes

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. Beautiful scenery to recharge. I can't watch the video because I get motion sick! 😺Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Completely Understand As That Video Isn't For Everyone

      Big Hugs CJ,
      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Me han encantado esos bellos paisajes de tus fotografía.
    Excelentes fotografías.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Resposta fantástica meu amigo - Muito obrigado por deixar um comentário positivo - Tenha um lindo dia

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. I never learned to ride a bike and now with back problems it doesn't help anymore.
    Beautiful landscapes. The photos are fantastic!
    Hugs and all the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing Those Back Issue Subside Eventually There Maria - Thanx So Much For Checking In - Always Enjoy Scanning Over Your Flowering Photos - Stay Strong My Friend

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. Vry cool second pic.
    I fail to understand why the heck these tours are held in the most hottest times of the year?
    Is that healthy?
    Monday it was so hot I thought, by no means will I wear a helmet, left the bike at home and went by foot.
    Eww to the teeth/flies, ewww.

    Sounds like Dog boy was really smart, reminds me of Six-Thirty (dog in book).
    Sounds like work is running smooth and satisfying, too - great!
    #1 nearly happens often here
    #2... it´s summer, I´m lazy.
    #5 - YES!

    I haven´t driven a car in four years, but now... if we could travel... Outback Australia, our old Nissan Patrol LWB and on the (gravel) road.
    Sweet memories. We had cassettes for music (! it was 1999) (Outback > no radio).
    Thank you for the tour, cheers, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its Healthy Alright As They Build Up All Spring For The Summer Heat - And With All Those Nutritionist , Those Athletes Are Dialed In For Sure - The Boy Dog Was One Smart Cookie - Pleases Me That You Enjoy The Goals - Thanx For Following Along Iris

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. Thanks a lot =) I'm doing my best.

    Beautiful pictures =) I have to cycle too, it's so much fun.
    Big hugs and cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Thanx So Much For Watching The Video - So Nice Hearing From You Again

      Cheers

      Delete
  15. Hi Travis, hope your week is going, well thanks for the positive vibes I def need it...Really enjoyed reading your post, I finally got back to type out a comment. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending Even More Vibes Your Way - Happy Month

      Cheers

      Delete
  16. Wirklich die perfekte Gegend zum Rad fahren. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Der Westhang von Colorado ist ein wunderschöner Ort für Radabenteuer – vielen Dank für Ihren Check-in

      Cheers

      Delete
  17. Gorgeous Photography of Magnificent Scenery! Thanks for visiting my Blog so I could find yours, now I'll take a look thru your Archived Posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Are So Welcome - Hope You Enjoyed All The Archive Post Of Mine - Be Well My New Friend

      Cheers

      Delete
  18. The photos are mind blowing! Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
    Rampdiary | Fineartandyou | Beautyandfashionfreaks 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Back - Thanx For Checking In

      Cheers

      Delete
  19. What a wonderful bike tour... and yes, don't put yourself under pressure... enjoy and do what you can... above all enjoy, laughing from ear to ear right into your heart.
    Greetings... the summer is fantastic :-))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo B, How Are You - Excellent Ear To Ear Reference There My Dear - Long Sunny Days - So Cool

      Cheers

      Delete
  20. I hate it when work cramps my style too, which seems to be a lot these days :(
    Thank you for the scenic tour video and for once again sharing the beautiful CO with us in your pictures. I am with your boy dog. Sometimes you just have to stop, see and smell. Life isn't always about go, go, go. Be silent. Be still.

    Have a great weekend, Padre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Cramps My Style - Thanx For Checking Out The Video And The Boy Dog Is Truly Missed All These Years Later - Big Hugs T

      Cheers

      Delete
  21. It looks like a beautiful place to ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous As Ever - Thanx For Checking In Amy J

      Cheers

      Delete
  22. You always find some stunning scenery. Hope you get some more cycling in this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Crafty - Have Been Enjoying The Rides So Far This Month - Think Rain

      Cheers

      Delete
  23. Gorgeous views. I'm heading out to Utah and Wyoming in September and can't wait for some Western views. Yours photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're Going To Just Love The Landscape Throughout Utah And Wyoming - Looking Forward To Your Photos And Hearing What You Have To Say - September Will Be Here Before We Know It - Thanx For Checking In Erika

      Cheers

      Delete