Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Cooking Video



ORTHO:

Our office is currently enduring some nifty upgrades. The center is moving into a new office space and a new practitioner is moving in. Our old spare office is in transition of becoming another useable/rental space. That will make four of us in the 3 room space with the opportunity for possibly another two practitioners. Way Cool


The center/school is only moving across the hall and one of my current officemates is also moving into that shared space. Positive growth is a good thing and all of us are excited about the changes. Thats The Good News


I received a call from my friends wife, not unusual to meet someone at the hospital, their child had been struck by a car. I totally wasn't prepared for what I walked into. Their child's head was wrapped up like a turban with the words in black sharpie NO BONE across the front. After an update, I casually offered the folks the option to head home, shower, and change clothes. Promised them that I wouldn't leave until they returned. They leaned on each other and/but didn't want to abandon/desert/leave the room. A nurse I know well was making her rounds and saw me and insured them that their child is in good hands. Together, they took me up on my proposal and I went to work. It's Just Such A Shitty Situation



GYM:

Backed off the push ups because they simply slipped my mind. It is so weird when you do something almost everyday and then poof!! One day its out of sight and out of mind. Did have a decent chest day and pushed the newly added weights without much struggle. No pain but a little sore the next day. Been paying attention to my form during my back/bi days. Basically not cheating my back by using my arms more than I should. And then for whatever reason, started swimming again. Gotta Like That



CYCLING:

My cycling has been rather piss poor as of lately. And I am chalk full of solid excuses these days. Haven't even attended a Spin Class ether. So Lame On My Part


Don't get me wrong. I have still NEVER driven to the office. I am on the commuter bike almost daily but no real riding to speak of. Haven't been on the 575 yet this year and that is NOT because of the weather. Just A Lazy A$$


And has absolutely nothing to do with my appreciation for oats wheat and barley. Speaking of which, Palisade Brewery has a beautiful Of Belay I.P.A. and my growler hasn't been dry in awhile. Love The Brew



SUPER BOWL SUNDAY:

The Super Bowl was fantastic because I wasn't invested this year. I wore my red, silver, and white Mountain Khakis shirt and told everyone that I am pulling for the red team this year. I was also pleased in knowing that I wouldn't be waking up all pissed off about the game on Monday morning. Nice To Be A Mundane Spectator


And For Me, The Game Was Bitchin!! Tied at halftime, SCORE!! Fourth Quarter Come Back, TOTAL SCORE!! I enjoyed all facets of the game and was completely stunned by the entertainment value of the Halftime Show. Blows me away to think about the infrastructure behind the scenes to erect the stage, the choreography, the planning/executing with precession, only one shot to get it all right, and then the deconstruction without tearing up the field. AMAZING


I was partial towards the commercials and the Jimmy Fallon Michelob ULTRA was my favorite. Talk about a laugh out load commercial. The Ellen commercial with Alexa was a hit!! Bill Murray is just a class act and made me smile knowing that he still has what it takes. The Shinning ( MT DEW ) take off cracked me up just because I so love that twisted movie. Wasn't too impressed with the baby peanut as it was a simple capitalism move from baby Yoda hype. The Reeese's Candy was creative but pretty lame at the same time. But overall, one of the better Super Bowls in awhile. Hope You Enjoyed Yourself


LIVE MUSIC:

Woodbelly ( yes, correct spelling ) is a Frontstrange band and I was blown away by their stage awareness. A 5 piece band but sounds more like a 12 piece. As they worked through a chord progression, setting up for a featured artist, the band would gravitate towards that specific instrument.  They created a half circle or sorts around that artist during the jam. It Was Cool Concept


It totally helped by the fact that the upright bass player was massive. So he would lift his bass while playing and slide in behind the dobro or banjo or whoever was taking the lead during that particular song. Fascinating showmanship for sure and brought a personal level to the stage as well. Then they would rotate back into a standard line and finish out the tune.


Trout Steak Revival ( Creative Stickers At Their Merch Table & Art Work On Their LB Caught My Eye ) was pretty disappointing. They played in the Radio Room this past Fall and were very entertaining. Clean sounding, funny little tales between songs, and excellent stage presence. This time, only a four piece, were terrible. An off night for sure. Free Tix - Is What It Is , $20 Tix - Pretty Disappointing , & $40 Tix - Would Definitely Feel Jipped - Me, I scored my ticket for free on KAFM.


Samantha Fish ( Favorite Show From The Four Shows ) is a sultry blues guitar player and the only act with a taste for appearance. The band mates all wore jackets, dress shirts, and wore ties. They were ready from the start and played a hard driving show.


Samantha started out at a young age as a drummer and then later switched to the guitar. I was surprised that she now has 10 albums and has removed her long blond locks. She looked so sexy supporting short hair and her unbuttoned black leather jacket was quite the fashion statement. Of course the skin tight leggings and black heel pumps helped the overall package.


But Seriously, a really fantastic high energy show. The band was tight and ripped into the wheeeee hours of the evening with all original songs. This was after a 7 and half hour drive in the "blowing" snow from Denver. I definitely recommend attending their show in a theater near you.


Ally Venable ( Never Imagine She Is ONLY 23 Years Old ) Another blues musician but more than that one dimensional stereotype. Her cover of Stevie Ray Vaughan's Scratch-n-Sniff & Pride And Joy were off the charts. Her bass player and drummer were just OK but kept in time so whatever. And Yes, they wore everyday t-shirts and clearly unshaven for the week. But damn that Ally could flat out play. And for a $7 cover, excellent show.


ROCKY:

Funny little moment in time here. I walked into the the bank, well I actually rode my bike into the bank, Eye Of The Tiger was playing in the lobby. I made the statement to the tellers, " Thanx For Playing My Theme Song." Deer in headlights!! It dawned on me that all the young pups behind the counter have NO flipping idea who Rocky is, who he stood for, or have even seen the flick. Kids



RADIO SHOW:

My latest radio ( SHOW - this link is good for two weeks ) show featured black artist history month. The show I subbed for has the long standing title Rhythm Lounge Radio on Saturday Nights and is the one and only Hip Hop show on KAFM. I took it upon myself to pay homage to legends of their craft and the calls rolled in. Pleased with the reassurance of callers and text messages. Folks calling in with their own story of or how they met or where they were when. It Was Fascinating Really


My show for the evening was labeled the Smokers Lounge on 2/8/2020. I eased into the show with a disco rapping turntable opener and danced back and forth between reggae, dub, and instrumental rap tunes for that first hour. Sprinkled throughout the show were my readings of legendary artist that no longer walk among the living and would then aired one of their tunes. Thats the basic premise any how. Kobe & Michael Jackson were the only two that made it into their 40's from my list. Biggie Smalls, 2pac, Easy-E, etc all passed away in their 20's. Anyway, I enjoyed diving deep into their history and learned a lot. Educating Is Power 

For Andrew - Thanx Doc 
NUMBERS:

Bike Miles For The Month - 97.1
Biking For The Year - 434.3
Activities For The Month - 9
Snowshoes Miles For Feb - 27.1
PR's For Feb - 4


My "recovery" meal the other day. Its my so called leftovers stew and heavy on the garlic, turmeric, and veggies that needed to be cooked ASAP. All the herbs and spices made for a happy palate. I used to give The Boy Dog baby carrots when I ran out of his homemade biscuits. 


As we begin nearing the mid 40's in high temperatures, my plan is to ride the River Trail. As longs there is no rain, don't see why I should be on the 575 for some single track. My biggest goal is to start climbing again. But I sure do have some choice excuses up my sleeve. Sh*t Fire


About This Video - The First Few Seconds Takes Awhile But THEN The Rest Of The Video Is Brilliant

Have A Joyous Vanities Day Weekend & Stay Strong,
Cheers

48 comments:

  1. There is a time for everything in this life but I see you are already ahead with so many activities.
    P.S: the video is very funny 🤣😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx For Checking Out The Video - I Was Impressed By The Idea Of Storing The Concoction For Later Use - So Simple

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Ah yes, that blank look from a younger person and you realise that you are getting older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally Andrew!! Happens Just About Anytime A Tech Questions/iPhone Issue Arrises

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Woodbelly is playing at Boogie at the Broadmoor this year. And I'm a big fan of Sam Fish, for many reasons (mostly the music).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SF So Rips It Up - Again, Woodbelly Can Flat Out Jam

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Well that just sucks about your friend's child. I don't think I've ever seen NO BONE written on a patient's head and I had to re-read that sentence a couple of times for it to register. Yikes.

    Is that a cribbage board in the top photo? It's very cool. What's it made from?

    Love love love your photos. If it looked like that here in the winter, I'd want for nothing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talk About Striking!! The Frontal Bone Was Removed To Relieve The Pressure From All The Swelling. C3 & C4 Were Broken But They Believe That The Cord Is In Tack. Fingers Crossed!!! But They Have NO Idea How Much Damage Just Yet. Only Time Will Tell.

      That Cribbage Board Was Given To Me As An Offering For Watching Their Home While They Tolled Around Alaska. Its A Caribou Antler. The craftsmanship is remarkable.

      Thanx For Enjoying These Photos
      Cheers

      Delete
  5. So much snow! I love the name "Trout Steak Revival" even if the show was disappointing. And so sorry to hear about your friend's kid! Here's to quick healing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Snow Is Beautiful But Unfortunately We Are Way Below Average. Check Out This Photo ( https://lacemine29.blogspot.com/2020/02/the-difference-of-year.html ) From The Same Location, Same Date, And ONLY One Year Difference. Its Truly Shocking!!!

      TSR Is Quite The Name. They Normally But On A Fantastic Show And Just Won A Grammy For A Short Film Soundtrack. Their Summer Shows Will Be Fire.

      Fingers Crossed Brother Steve!!
      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Hello the Padre! You just never fail to give us stunning views you see around your side of the world! Thank you so much and I really am drawn to that beautiful mountain that looks kinda like the Table Mountain of South Africa. I wish you a great rest of the week and always always be careful on your drives and rides!

    Stevenson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well This Pleases Me And I Hope I Never Fail Ya - The Mountains Are My Way Of Rebooting - Nothing Like Just Standing In Complete Silence - Having A Solid Week And Looking Forward To The Weekend - Thanx For Checking In

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. I was so sorry to hear about your friend's child...sending lots of good luck wishes their way 🍀🍀🍀
    Am hoping and praying it all turns out ok for them.

    I really love those amazing snow snow pictures...and the food looks really delicious!😊😊

    Many thanks also for the music...I thoroughly enjoyed!

    Have a super day.👍👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its A Bummer Of A Situation. Whole Life Radically Changed Over A Simple Preventable Accident.

      Heading Out For More Adventures After Work So Will Have More Photos Soon.

      You Streamed The Link?? Fan Of My Reggae/Hip Hop Style?? I Had A Blast Throwing Those Mixes Together. Many Thanx For Checking It Out And I Would Appreciate Your Feedback In Order Of Expanding Future Shows. Speak Your Truth

      Go Team Human
      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Hello, Wow, so sorry to hear about your friend's child. Sending prayers and good wishes. Beautiful scenic views and photos. The food looks yummy. I've been hearing good things about turmeric. Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Prayers Are Needed As The Outlook Appears Bleak - Happy You Are Enjoying The Scenery

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. Those pictures are spectacular, need to get out of the corn fields and see things that don't look like corn. That stew looked delicious as well, now I'm hungry. Sorry about your friends kid, hope everything turn out OK for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colorado Is Calling Your Name Brother Man

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Damn - you live in a glorious part of our state. Gorgeous. I can relate to the biking motivation - since Black Dog's Dx, I have no power and no spark on the bike.

    His surgery is tomorrow, probably around 9AM. He could use all the good thoughts that you can muster. It's not a guarantee that he'll come out of it. But, it's worth trying because we're looking at a month (maybe) if we don't do this. We love him... and I am so grateful for your support and sensitivity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending Vibes!! Will Definitely Hold Space At 9am And Please Keep Me In The Loop. I Am Very Concerned And A Bit Worried.

      Love You BLK Dog

      Delete
    2. Boy, we were all very worried. Today was utter chaos but he survived the surgery (it only just ended). No other big tumors in abdomen so we may have gained a few more months with him. He'll be in the hospital at least until tomorrow. Thanks for your caring and support. Black Dog sends kisses.

      Delete
    3. I Really Appreciate This Update, I Appreciate The Effort On Your Part, And Totally Appreciated The Prognoses!!! I Was Way Worried For Sure. My Heart Aches Knowing That He Is Blind, Waking Up Groggy, And Only Hope That He Isn't Completely Scared. I Know That He Will Perk Up When He Hears Your Voice Today.

      Be Well BLK DOG!! Be Well

      Delete
  11. Beautiful snow pictures. So sorry for your friend's child, hope he recovers quickly. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sami, Thank You For Your Words! Pleased You Saw The Winter Wonderland Photos.

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. Looks really yum! I am so sorry to hear about the poor child, hope he will be fine soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They Stew Was Fantastic And Stuck To My Bones - Will Update Soon

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. I'd prefer all your gorgeous scenery without the snow. I didn't watch the Super Bowl. Patriot's weren't in it this year. Why bother? 😉I did see some of the commercials through FB. My favorite was the Smaht Pahk. Though I think it would have been funnier if asking where the cah was pahked the writers used more Ah locations like Ahlington, the Ahbahretum, but no one asked for my opinion. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Right, Smaht Pahk Was Entertaining As Well

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. Wishing the little boy get better and stronger!
    The photos are very awesome!
    About the Super Bowl, I impressed the halftime. It was fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I As Well, Glad You Saw These, And What A Super Bowl

      Cheers

      Delete
  15. So sorry about your friend's young son Padre, it shouldn't happen to anyone never mind someone so young! Love cooking videos that are super entertaining like this but in this case I'll be simplifying the recipe and use eggs 😉 Will check out radio show over the weekend, sounds good ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too Funny, You Just Modify Away. Curious As To How You Feel About The Show. Enjoy The Sunshine.

      Cheers

      Delete
  16. Gorgeous scenery, especially that sunset. Sometimes sunsets or sunrises are the only winter color. Nice cribbage board. Think cribbage is my favorite card game so I can appreciate a hand with lots of points. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Agree!! The Dude & I Will Play With All Six Cards When We Are Strapped For Time. We Count All The 15's First And Then The Runs. Makes For An Explosive Game.

      Cheers

      Delete
  17. tragic circumstances for your friends son, how nice that you were able to relieve them so they could go home and shower!! they might also enjoy a home cooked meal, some of your leftover stew in a portable container. i have been in their shoes and i never ate right. or one of those steaks...hehehehehe, they do look amazing!!

    i agree with everything you said about the Super Bowl, it was such an exciting game. i can't remember the teams names, we are not football people, but i wanted the team with the young quarterback to win, and they did...so i was very happy. i'm not sure that "kid" even knows what he has accomplished, he was so humble!!

    as for the halftime show, oh boy, i get what you are saying about the schematics of it, but the performers let me down. the first singer, not my cup of tea and i was disappointed with j-lo's pole dancing!! i would have preferred to see "jenny from the block", that very humble singer. i really enjoyed seeing her sing with her daughter, singing bruce, that was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Agree With What You Are Saying - Have A Wonderful Upcoming Week

      Cheers

      Delete
  18. You had a busy week, Im sorry for your friends child hope there is a good outcome...the Vegan Omelette Was fun to watch, good tips in there too using the jar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats The Interesting Part, The Jars - Staying Away From Plastics

      Cheers

      Delete
  19. So sorry about the young boy, wishing him all the best!
    Amazing scenery and delicious omelette!

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colorado Sure Has Amazing Features Around Every Corner - Heres To Healthy Omelettes In Your Future

      Cheers

      Delete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful snow pictures. So sorry for your friend's child, hope he recovers quickly. Have a wonderful weekend.custom swimsuits custom made swimsuits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx - Also, I Interpreted Your Latest Comment As Spam - Please Don't Add Links To Your Comments - Enjoy Your Week And Thanx For Stopping By

      Cheers

      Delete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete