Friday, November 22, 2019

Big Sky Montana Biathlon

The not so MIGHTY Colorado River



ORTHO:

Talk about lucky. Some say fortunate. I still feel like I am in the lucky stage of the Ortho World. I have had some wonderfully blithesome encounters with folks these last few months.


I knew this guy in passing but never engaged more than just that superficial head nod. He asked me if I could help his wife as this past season of gardening took its toll. Meaning, knees ache, fingers stiffen up, and low back is a train wreck. She turns out to be one of the coolest ladies ever. I work with her first , she takes about a 45-50min walk ( Bilateral Movement Integration ) after our session, I then work with him during her walk time. They both claim that their golf games have NEVER been better.


After attending the Crested Butte Trauma And Whiplash Retreat, everyone has a story to share. Its like the New Car Theory. You find your favorite new sliver car and after you make the purchase, you realize EVERYONE is driving that same car. Just like that, I have continued working with trauma related injuries. Its Fascinating To Me


Little Kids. The little ones always remind me to stay in my feet and meet them in their model of the world. Their nervous systems are so strong and powerful that if I check out for a second we miss the rebound reflex or option. His parents explained to me that their child has been "dealing" with tennis elbow. I have two usual go-to releases for that. But in this particular case, they made the comment,"we don't know how he could be suffering from tennis elbow? he ONLY PLAYS video games." So I took the opportunity to work with the child's neck and shoulder relationship. What do you know, that good ol Brachial Nerve calmed down. Pain Diminished

A Photo From The Twins - An Old Throw Back Original 

CYCLING:

Our weather has been so ideal for living life outdoors. Mr Sun feels much warmer than the thermostat reads. Its ALWAYS a headwind no matter which direction I charge off towards. My hips are defiantly producing more of a punch and them quads have strength again. I will be in good shape if I can find my cardiovascular system soon.


The night before the Full Moon, almost two weeks ago, went for a sweet night ride. When ever I ride with traffic I just assume that the driver is drunk. This night was no different. Safely navigated my way to the River Trail and rode out to Utah. The moonlight dancing with the rivers ripples and edie lines were captivating. All the little nocturnal animals were in motion but never to be seen. Looking forward to snowshoeing under these very special conditions this Winter. Think Snow People


Finally, the VP of the Colorado Biathlon Club replied and gave me the Winter Schedule for XC Skiing & Skate Skiing. Well, its a start. To their credit, they also sent the most frequently asked question link. So after googling & what not, https://bigskygames.org/sports/biathlon/  popped up on my screen. Stoked!! This Link ( HERE ) is their Sumer Biathlon Schedule for Running Sprint and Mountain Bike Biathlon. Again, Colorado is so behind the 8 ball. Wish There IS A Way To Stimulate The Growth/Awareness Here In CO.

Spintertainment Mountain Bike Spin Cycling Class - Check Out Their Webpage 

RADIO SHOW:

I normally don't say this but I broadcasted a glorious flow of a show the other day. Here is the LINK ( Nov 19th ) for streaming the show. I subbed in for Veta Bluegrass & Beyond and I diverted a little more Beyond with its format. The generosity of the phone calls coming in were empowering to say the least. Yes, I made a few mistakes as you will hear but damn, What A Show



GOALS:

  1. Book My Carson City Hotel And Car Rental 
  2. Smoke The Most Savory Turkey For Gobble Gobble  
  3. Maintain And Seek The Best Possible Outcome Next Week
  4. Top The 600 Mile Mark For November 
  5. Tell Someone How They Made A Difference In My Life 



Stay Strong & Be Well,
Cheers

22 comments:

  1. Your almost full moon ride sounds wonderful! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, love the photo of the river. I could never ride a bike at night, you are brave. Love the cute pup, I miss having a dog. Thank you, wishing you a happy weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Colorado River Has Been Running So Clear These Days - Will Enjoy The Weekend

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. It must be so satisfying when you help people overcome their aches and pains Padre, excellent for them too 😊 Good to see you reaching your goals, I have a list of goals also, only two that are the same as on your list :) Will listen to radio link tomorrow ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would Love To Know More About Your Goals - Heads Up On The Show - The First About Minute Or So Is A Horrible Song About Killing Love Or Some Sh*T - Then The Entertainment Calendar & Then Me

      Big Hugs Perth

      Delete
  4. Good for you for solving the young person's pain source. Be safe, I know your are, when riding at night. Drivers are crazy everywhere so you have to be alert. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Drivers - There Is No Rhyme Or Reason - I Just Do My Thang - Really Been Enjoying Your Photos These Days

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Smoked turkey for Thanksgiving? Sounds amazing! Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Looking Forward To The Cooking Aspect Of The Day - Safe Travels To You & Your Tribe

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. I would love to see that river on reality, have a lovely weekend ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I Picked Up Your Ingredients As Well - Cant Wait

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Wonderful log of your past week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magic, Your Daily Shots Have Been Terrific

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Interesting as always. Carlton Draught is almost as bad as Fosters Lager, but neither are as bad as Budweiser 😜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Couldn't Agree More - But Dig The Old Aluminum - Would NEVER Consume An American Butt-Wipe-R

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. I Am Thankful That You Saw It - Pretty Damn Wild A

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that second photo. Did you take it?

    It must be SO satisfying to help people like you do. Way to go! And keep on pedaling! I need to find my legs (CV system is doing great) so we are quite a combo! Enjoy that glorious weather!

    Black Dog sends you lots of love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U Bet - The Twins Sent Me A WhatsApp Of The Carlton Can - Thinking Snow!!!

      Cheers
      P.S. BLK Dog Just Made My Day

      Delete
  11. I love helping people and every day, my job reminds me why I love it. Working for big medicine, not so much. In a perfect world, I'd be caring for kids and not caring about paying the bills...

    Keep on riding. That full moon ride sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Surely Understand Where You Are Coming From - Yesterdays Ride Bounced Me Over The 700 Mile Mark For The Month - There Is A Group Of Us That Are Making A Full Moon Snowshoe Trip In December - However, In This Town, Folks Love Talking Big But Definitely Tend To Fall A Bit Short When It Comes To Following Through - So It Might Just Be Me Snowshoeing In December Around The Full Moon Window

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete