Monday, June 10, 2019

Early June & No Miles


The first week out of the Gate for June was rough. I mean a straight kick in the nuts.



I was recently chatting with The Dude about how I need to find my big boy pants and head over and see my vet. The vet has cared for three of my dogs and thats the short/long history.


I haven't been by for a visit as that is the location were Shadow Boy's last breath was taken. The Dude gives me a ring with," Your spidey senses were on par. Got Some Bad News For Ya."


After receiving the Big C news, I called both the land line and the cell numbers to no answer. Rode on down to the office and the gals filled me in that the vet can only whisper but had left for the day.


Haven't seen him yet but I gather he has throat or thyroid cancer so my fingers are crossed that he will beat it.  But still, SH*tty way to end the month.


ORTHO:
What a client!! I have been working with a distance runner for over a year now. They originally sought out some treatment for an achilles injury and later on a hamstring issue. Their personal goal is a sub 2:30 marathon in Chicago this fall. They ran a "casual" 2:40 at Boston this year.


Prior to Boston, I introduced them to Body Metaphors. As a practitioner, something was "up" with their lower muscle train, after about 6 or so sessions, I sprang the idea of how a functional muscle unit might become weak. They chewed on this concept and reported back with an abysmal conversation, rather enlightening at times, and a full spectrum of self reflections. Brilliant

So what exactly are these Body Metaphors you wonder?? Lets start simple. The Posterior Plane would be considered Behind Us Now, The Past, or Hidden. Ankle - Grounded Movement, Flexible Stance, or Values We Stand On. Feet - Long Term Goals, Direction Of Movement, or Understanding. Calves - Hesitation, Moving Forward, or Facilities.

Here is the example from when I originally studied these Body Metaphors. Working with a student's balled up calf, I explored some options with questions, this fellow student was dealing with their partner purchasing a newer home. HESITATION


RADIO SHOW:
I have a couple of shows coming up. One particular show I am all jazzed up for. Get It?? The other show will be a late 60's throw back.


The throw back show is themed around Tim in San Diego. All dates and web links will follow as those dates near.


As for no miles, not nessecerly a true statement. Kind of like my no foot traffic miles for May. Back in May, setting the course for the Grand Enduro, I did a fair amount of hiking but I passed on the Garmin tracking.

Same for the first week of June. I was on my feet in Ridgeway but the Garmin has been failing as its aging poorly. Still riding to the office on the commuter bike but hadn't gone for a proper ride. Ten days into the month and I have been on the road for 7 of them. Its just been a busy past 3 weeks. Plus, I am pretty sure that Mr Sun was in my eyes and my mind is as muddy as the Mighty Colorado River these days.




GOALS:

  1. Hydrate 
  2. Roll The Road Bike Over The National Monument
  3. Focus On Lifting  & Push Ups
  4. Smile
  5. Pay The Deposit For Septembers Crested Butte Ortho Classes 

3 + 3 + 3 = 9 Best Boy Ever 
So without allowing last month to take up today, adventure on & seek the best possible outcome
Cheers

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And it doesn't end there. Visceral, Skeletal, Muscular, etc

      Delete
  2. Love the art under the bridge, a few more feet of water and it would have been lost beneath 😉 so sad to hear about the vet Padre, cancer is so random in it's choice of victims! I like the sound of both radio shows, love both jazz and 60's music, don't forget those links. Your number on on list of goals seems to be the hardest for me, I definitely need to up my water input, smiling is a breeze 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will give you plenty of notice and time difference updates. The Valley has been sitting at about 8% humidity these days.

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. The under the bridge art is fantastic. It looks like he can barely keep his head above water. That stinks about the vet having cancer. It's tough sentence to get. Love your photos, very nice views. Looking forward to hearing your radio shows. Have a great week, Padre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased to hear and will forward you the radio stations links. Thanx for popping in Bill.

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. So sorry about the Vet. Cancer does suck, horrible nasty thing, I wish for him to be free of it. Smile is always a good goal. As hard as it can be sometimes it just helps to smile. Oh Jax says thanks for all the treats Uncle T! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grinning from ear to ear over the Jax treats.

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. That is sad news about the vet. Of course the kindness he offers to suffering animals at the end of their lives won't be offered to him, should the worst case eventuate.

    The under the bridge art is great. No so great is the erosion that caused the fence to collapse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that bank began falling into the river without the pressure of water. Now, there is water alright, but its under cutting quickly. About 10 miles of the River Trail has been closed by the city now. The Hydrologist are predicting a peak on the 4th of July. More photos to come.

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. I'm saddened by your sad news. Like a punch in the gut. Keep your adventures going to help you through it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry about your vet. Our vet feels like a member of the family - so I get that bond. Catch up with him to lend your support. And enjoy that ride over the Monument! What a cool place to be able to ride from home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! We houseboat Lake Powell together. More than just a vet, a true brother.

      Delete
  8. Great photos as always. Sorry about your friend, cancer really sucks. I have a friend whose wife has been battling cancer for over a year now and they have finally come to terms that the fight is over, she is being made as comfortable as possible at hospice currently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Deepest Sympathy. Stay Strong And Honor Them The Best Way You Know How. My Suggestion , Donate A Tree To Plant.

      Delete