Tuesday, August 15, 2017

15th of the Month & Back At It


The Boy Dog loves the fact that I grew him carrots again this year. I harvested the seeds out of the flowering blossoms last year and grew some beautiful purple and traditional bugs bunny orange carrots this year.


Having a few, pre-dinner brews, holding my S&J huggie. Robert is toasting me with his 2107 F1 Australian Grand Prix huggie. Robert - PBR   Me - Pinner


Wednesday night BBQ last week. Yet another time lapse was created that night and you could watch it here.


Maybe a few more beverages and conversations. Wide range of thoughts were shared over the 3 weeks together. Never a dull moment or joke to be cracked. Or even an unwanted fart to be blown. 


Blood Road was a powerful documentary and I am so thankful that I caught its showing at the Avalon Theater. It just so happened that I found myself in a garage drinking with two vets from the mid 60's Vietnam era. The scenarios they painted were so bizarre for me to comprehend because they were both EIGHTEEN flipping years old.


This sunset photo was taken from on top of the Avalon Theater JUST after the completion of Blood Road. Rebecca Rusch set a local record out year about a year ago and I went into the movie ONLY knowing what I knew from the trailer. Seek Out This Documentary, please.



An Emergen-C before walking the Boy Dog. He was so funny that day. His little eyes squinted and his ears flipped back from my alcohol fueled breath breathing good morning greetings to him. He knew I was still intoxicated and he used every hair on his body to be patient with me. The Best Good Dog There


A horse and carriage just came rolling up 7th street the other night. Just your average summer of 2017  occasion. Nothing to see here....


My Fifth To Last Beer on Sunday. The way I saw it, should probably just consume the rest of the brew because I know I would have one Monday night IF it was there. So I took care of that situation and polished off the red wine so I wouldn't be tempted come Monday/Tuesday night.


So its still the Boy Dogs Birthday Month and another trail run is in the books. I'm two days sober and the Boy Dog is 15 days STOKED!!! He loves all the new treat boxes, the extra attention, just because car rides, and he is about to loose his puppy marbles because I am about to make up a batch of his favorite homemade biscuits. He supervises the SH*T out of me when he smells all those NATURAL & ORGANIC ingredients.



Current Update:
The gym treated me very well on Monday as a sub trainer taught Spintertainment in spin class. The video was from 3 major mountain passes in Europe that is used in the Tour de Giro. The views from this video was breath taking and caused me to spit out some crazy watts. Hung Over Crazy Watts. Rode 28 "miles" in the 50 min class with a max watt of 515 and an average wattage of 297 watts.

Before the class, Chest exercises, focused on form and happened to have weights that 10 reps were good enough. Before That, I stepped on the scale at 182.1 pounds. My race weight is 168 pounds. At the ends of June I was between 177 and 179. SO I am very surprised that I wasn't tipping into the 190's+!! I haven't lost much strength, just stamina. But very pleased with my weight and will be able to shed 5 pounds by the end of August no problem.

Today was a solid Back day and between clients and a meeting, passed on biceps to get the Boy Dog out and about. I'm thinking that I will hit shoulder and legs tomorrow and arms Thursday. Off on Friday and the Book It For Reading 5K on Saturday. 

The Boy Dog is keeping me young, I so enjoy riding my bike, and what happened to July?? Halfway through August??? Lets start eating more fruit. Lets enjoy our veggies. Lets stretch like nobody is watching. Damn, Its Been A Great Summer!!! Damn Good Summer!




4 comments:

  1. That was a fun week you had! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like much gym time is needed to get over the twins visit.. I'm sure I don't have to tell you, it's almost impossible to outdrink an Aussie never mind two well seasoned Aussies 😀 Boy Dog will keep you on track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Are So Right About That!! As Always, The Boy Dog & I Had A Blast This Past Week. Thanx For Your Positive Vibes. Big Hugs

      Delete