Friday, September 23, 2016

Another Week With A Skip In My Step

MONDAY: Started this morning off with a big ol foam rolling session. Did an incredible amount of standing Sunday while timing Powderhorn's last downhill race of the series/season. My hamstrings throughly enjoyed the proper pressure and I had no idea how beneficial rolling out the calves before starting my day would be.

Walked the Boy Dog and he was on pace. He even passed by his "normal" sniffing and marking locations. We just cruised on down the road. Also, WoW, this is the time of year your senses realize EVERY backyard has dope coming on.

Rode to the gym, didn't pedal very hard at all, and I felt loose and very present in my own skin. My workout was focused on legs and chest. This was my first workout in two months without the hired trainer pushing me on.

I set up a circuit of three leg exercise with one arm incline bench press as my main set. I focused on power and muscle memory for small correction on my form. Also, worked in inch worms in between seated quad lifts. Basically, what I noticed, so thankful for experiencing a trainers perspective. Had a really solid workout in only 47min and then finished out on the deadmill for 20 minutes on a random setting of incline, speed, and intervals. Pretty Cool


Love This Boy





TUESDAY: Ready for this, I drove to the gym!!! The Boy Dog & I started out on our no excuse loop but didn't get further then the corner. A bush fire had started up just a few blocks over and the air had falling ash mixed in with smoke.

I made the decision to drive towards the DMV building for new tags, pay the water bill, and drive to the gym. Back and biceps day with a focus on controlling the weight with a full ROM. The arms were so worked and fatigue was defiantly a factor. Even my grip became weak during my last few curls.

The night was capped off with a sweet radio show!! I covered the show New To Me, New To You. The idea is playing ALL new music off the new rack. So I brought in some new live shows, some new political clips, and new CD's off that rack to blend in during a proper show. Live shows from ALO, Twiddle, Drive By Truckers, Umphery's McGee, Sam Bush, Dr Didge (RIP), Keller Williams, Lotus, and Mr Blotto hit the airwaves. Super fun show for me but I was fading by about 11:30pm. A few phone calls, ton of texts, and a couple of CrackBook messages totally helped me push on through until midnight. Gr8 Night Really


The Boy Dog In His Element 




WEDNESDAY: Early morning walk with the Boy Dog before foam rolling wasn't such a good idea. He didn't care but my hips were so stiff. Aging so blows!!

After editing Tuesday's show, calisthenics, and enjoying some homemade quiche, on the commuter bike I rode. Headed for the bank, over to the sewage/sanitation building, post office, and to the office by 10am for my first appointment of the day.

Ortho is so damn brilliant!! A client was suffering from a "sore" shoulder and within about 10 minutes they were giving feed back. But here is the thing.... I only released the scapula!! I gave the wrist, elbow, and scapula options. Their shoulder blade gave a big old clunk and they immediately asked me if I felt that. A few follow ups with their neck, clavicle, and on down the hallway they happily walked.

Last client of the day had a horrible ankle injury about 3 years ago. They came off their bike with their right foot laterally rotated out and their heel caught the edge of a rock. Their medial malleolus exploded under the skin. Screws, plate, and PT later, we finished up on a good note. We have been working together for almost a year and they have referred a few more clients my way. The reddish purple of the scar has almost disappeared and its not as noticeable as it was last year.

Over to KAFM I rode for the pre-fund drive meeting. I always enjoy these gatherings because it gives us all the opportunity to see one another. Plus, hear about all the new news, updates from the past Summer fund raisers, and who are the next entertainers coming to the Radio Room. The big news was that the transmitter in Palisade is up and running now!! The Palisade Fire Department allowed KAFM to install our 100watt signal on top of their antenna after two years in the making. Fruita, GJ, and now Palisade all have the signal from our little community station that could. YES


A Thistle From Sunday On The Grand Mesa - iPhone Photo




THURSDAY: Early morning outing with The Boy Dog. Rode to the office, gym, and back by 2pm. The evening was spent with some of the best humans ever. The Dude & I drove out to the Palisade Brewery to fill up our growler of Off-Belay IPA. Over to Uncle Karls were Janet, Amber, The Blue Z, Dave, Mr Jim, Judian, and John for a gathering and BBQ took place.

We all met through our little community radio station back in 2001. We try and travel together but as years move on, new locations, new jobs, these reunions are even more awesome and special to me. Everyone shares as if we just saw each other on Monday. I Love These People

Photos were taken, dogs were petted, and smiles were shared. The Dude & I had to split just after 11pm. Half the group had already departed for their long drives home. While heading on home and reminiscing about this and that, a video text came in from Jen. She was watching the Wailers at the Sh*t hole Mesa Theater.

I went ahead and rode on downtown to see what I see. The Wailers were so loud that hanging out front was satisfying enough for me. After a few songs, plenty of people watching, a guy stumbled out for the night. He ripped off his wrist band and stuck the adhesive side to the railing of the outdoor smoking area. Thats My In!!! I causally walked over and carefully reattached that sucker to my wrist and walked in like I owned the place. Made my way down to the dance floor where I was amazed by all the familiar faces. We all danced the night away to one of the best cover bands ever. Excellent back up singers, really good young kid on bass, and a full on wanna be Ziggy look alike front man. What A Day... What A Dinner... What A Night


R-to-L: John,The Dude,Susan(facetime),Judian,Mr Jim,Dave,Blue Z,Amber,Janet,Me,Uncle Karl




FRIDAY: Woke up to rain!! Smelled wonderful!! Early morning calisthenics and foam rolling. Had every intention of heading for the gym but Mr Jim showed up. He was leaving for Denver but stopped by to see if I wanted to hit up a quick lunch with him. 

We rocked out the Nepal, said our good byes, and off to the office I rode. After my sessions, went very well, just had nothing left in the tank. Rode back here and the Boy Dog & I went for our no excuse loop. No Worries



Used this photo for my Tuesday CrackBook posting promoting my radio show

Radio Show This Sunday At 3pm Mt Time Zone.... www dot kafmradio dot org..... Not Entirely Sure What I Will Be Airing But Amy Schumer Will Be Involved..... The Only Goal I Missed Out On Was NOT Setting Up The Bike Trainer At My Work Station... Hit All My Other Goals... Fan-FUN-Tastic Week For Sure.... Be Safe & Stay Strong Folks

No comments:

Post a Comment