Sunday, February 28, 2016

Found A Routine

My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

Rodney Dangerfield


Training: Fantastic week in the gym and feeling much stronger. Its been a full month since I busted up my right thumb. I am finally able to grip the dumbbells these days. The past two weeks have played out like Monday chest/legs after the noon spin class, Tuesday back/bi, Wed shoulders/tri after spin class, Thursday chest/legs, Friday shoulders only, & Saturdays are arms only.

That routine is really working well for me and switching the shoulders/back days have helped a lot. I was experiencing fatigue in my shoulders after a med/heavy chest day. Duh!! The real mind boggler here is that I am down to 171.3lbs.

Stretching out the core and legs have begun to finally show some results. Started playing around with the exercise ball with my core work. Let me be the first to say that I had very little balance. I have coordination but my stabilizing muscles were weak as all get out. Took me forever to perform solid mutant ( thats an auto-corrected mountain ) climbers with one foot on the ball. Now, I can do 5 reps per leg for three sets without falling off to one side or the other. Thats with a really controlled form anyway.

Plus..... The Boy Dog and are on two walks a day still.... Weekends have been mud hikes north of the airport at about 10 min mile pace for well over an hour long.... And He Hasn't Missed A Meal.... Scored a 10 dollar wheel truing for both wheels from the commuter bike.... The bike shop guy said its only 5 bucks a wheel because I brought them in off the bike and wiped them "cleanish" before coming in.... Thats Cool

Clients: I have been rocking it in the office!!! Picked up 3, thats THREE, new clients from the demo two weeks ago!! Been having some improvements with the broken pubic bone client. I introduced a few isomeric releases with him and we both felt better about our sessions. 

Worked with a women who was in full on grieving mode. I had no idea what had happened and was working with her long erector muscles. Next thing I knew, she was crying like crazy and began filling me in. I agreed with her that the good ones do die young. Just like the song. Once again, body metaphors show up all the time. In this case it was the past, back door to the heart, and holding in limbo.

A mother and her little boy came in from a referral from the diabetic client. I gave mom some very basic releases in order to calm the little boys nervous system. I could see that he was a little concerned about me and what I am all about. Very normal reaction by kids and thats why I ask the parents if I can work with them first. This little boy is really a mess and I could clearly see that his skull was not on his axis or C1 and all of is cervicals had no relationship with his shoulders. Not wanting to over work him, I did more of assessment skills for mom to see, very gentle neck releases by simply sliding the cervical vertebrae towards ease, & re-booted his vegas nerve. 

Goals: Goals are pretty easy for March. I want to be more like GZ and less like Pittbrownie. Wait a second, maybe I should plan on reversing that notion!!! And if all works out right in March, I will be in San Diego,CA for St. Patties Day. That week will almost put me in the Pittbrownie category. And I Mean ALMOST. I might be able to keep up with him that week in the beverage department but I sure as hell won't be early out of bed for track workouts. I can picture myself after a bender holding a bloody mary on KickBack in the middle of the bay, bitchin' about that hangover. 

The real goal for March will be some power lifting with a spotter. I hope to do some max reps on that Thursday chest day and a couple of max reps on that Friday shoulders work out. I plan on sticking with a normal exercise plan Mon-Wed after spin classes to continue to burn the fat. 

I have the Dreamcatcher marathon on Saturday the 5th and hope to make a trip up the Grand Mesa on that Sunday. That could be a huge and rewarding weekend if all goes well.

A far chance goal, because with our unseasonably warmer temps here in the valley, I am excited to pull out the 575 and ride some single track before SD. We may have some rain on Monday but I really don't see it coming down for every long or very heavy at all. Plus, I am itching to ride Horsethief and Mary's Loop.

Trying is the first step towards failure.

Homer Simpson

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are well on top of things Padre, I wish I could say the same. Injured my knee, have no idea how, can hardly walk! Spent the whole weekend hobbling around or sitting on sofa :( Hoping my physio can fit me in tomorrow and get me sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are well on top of things Padre, I wish I could say the same. Injured my knee, have no idea how, can hardly walk! Spent the whole weekend hobbling around or sitting on sofa :( Hoping my physio can fit me in tomorrow and get me sorted!

    ReplyDelete